PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Long walk done. Very pretty, but that has taken out my morning. Oh well, as long as the scales play the game at the weekend, then it will have been worth it.

Paper and old catalogues etc flung from the pile in the living room. I've just kicked DH out from the kitchen where he had set up office so that I can actually do some productive flying but, my, does he get under my feet!

Soup scoffed, time to be productive until I have to go and get DD.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did a meal plan this morning and now been out to L**l to get what I need. Quite pleased as have enough for 5 days worth of meals and it wasn't that pricey really. Will fly this afternoon. DH less grumpy now thankfully.

Pigpen sorry Squeak ill. S was on Monday - just the once and right as rain again.

Fayolle glad you had a good walk - I'm sure it's good for the soul you know.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 February 2018 at 3:38PM
    Options
    Bathrooms - Wednesday

Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear the clutter from all these rooms!![/STRIKE]
    Wash any curtains/blinds/mats etc that need doing
    Level Two
    Vacuum the floors - mopped by hand instead
    [STRIKE]Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks[/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe down the tiles [/STRIKE]

Level Three

[STRIKE]Clean the windows.[/STRIKE]

Extras
    HHI..
    Deal with any calls etc that need doing
    Clear a hotspot
    Replace any dead toothbrushes and sponges
    [STRIKE]Bleed heated towel rail[/STRIKE]

Haven't got a study so deleted those bits
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not much done here apart from cleared the kitchen worktops and mopped the floor,
    loo room and hallway.

School texted this morning stating it's closed so DD at home
    WM and DW x 2
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    bathroom painted!!!!

Well done! Massive achievement - I'll have some of what you're on, please.

Front path half cleared, one side that is, because everyone walking on the snow had compacted it down the other side and it was too much like hard work doing it all. I started it, one neighbour came out to help, went back in and came back with a Bovril - for himself. The two houses either end didn't lift a finger so I left their steps and the bit of path only one house uses. He can do it or not, it's up to him. He didn't say thank you last time (2010 - I've got a long memory) and he's been very rude to me recently, so stuff him.

Now off to make curried potato pasties for tonight to be scoffed with sweet potato chips after a meeting which I wish they would cancel but won't.

The foodbank's shut today because the manager can't get in, and she doesn't want volunteers cluttering up the place tomorrow if it's a bad snow day. I hope everyone who's got a voucher gets something today - it would be truly terrible if they went hungrier in this weather and couldn't get hold of a fuel voucher either.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 February 2018 at 6:00PM
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Flying? Oh yes, I did manage to get the fevver duster out to clean the coffee table :D
    I should have delegated that job to Rosie - she has a wonderful feather duster tail :rotfl:
    Aww, bless her. I have a few guests like that. And some others who, although they don't have a fevvery tail, would do fine with a yellow duster tied to the plus-four-for-knocking-off-fridge-magnets tail they do have! :D
    lynnejk wrote: »
    :T Oh well done. Lynne. No idea why I couldn't find it - probably having a lupie moment with my typing into the search bar. ;)

We had scheduled a trip to Herr A tomorrow, but brought it forward to today, lest we be knee-deep in nasty cold white stuff tomorrow. *inserts shivery emoji*

WM full of Mr LW's clothes done. I caught the mucky pup sniffing his trousers this morning to decide whether to wear them for another day _pale_ and he was told if he feels the need to sniff them, then they definitely need washing. Eeewwww!!! :eek:
    Actually, I ought to go and see if the t-shirt I draped over the hall radiator is dry......

Other than that, I've ventured down the garden to top up the bird feeders and replace the "lollipop" in their water dish with actual liquid water (probably frozen again now). Also put half a tonne of recycling out into the shed.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I'm shattered. The Offspring of the Parish were not behaving particularly well. Ended up threatening to set a rather large (and trustworthy/honourable (can you say that about kids? It's the best description I have for him) Year 10 boy on them if they continued to behave so badly towards the older girls :mad:.

Himself was still in his PJs when I got back, but he put the full cold weather gear on to fetch me burger and chips because not only did he only put celery sticks and tomatoes in my lunchbox, I promptly knocked them off my desk in the three minutes' lunchbreak I had, so didn't even get the whole 10 calories that were probably contained therein.

My feet hurt, my back hurts, I couldn't even undo my laces.

I need this junk. Now.

And I need a Snow Day. Or week.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Long day at the paid stuff, made all the more exciting by DD's school deciding to text us at 8.35 declaring a snow day - when they had updated their Twitter feed just ten minutes before saying school was open! Luckily lovely mum friend stepped in and had her for me. DS Pre school was open as normal.

Have loads of paperwork to do for work, and have put a chilli in the oven. Something keeps tripping the electrics and we cannot figure out what it is at all. As DH goes away next week for 6 weeks with work we are going to get an electrician out before then to "health check" the house.

Kiddies watching Youtube - bad mummy. Too tired to parent properly now!

Oohh and I have declared a spending embargo for March - anyone want to join? Unless I have to I am not spending money. Will report my daily spends here to keep myself accountable x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am currently half way through sorting the dumping ground in my bedroom. There has been flingage, and decisions made on where to put stuff. A couple of items for CS and it should look less grim...but I have tomorrow to work on it too.:D:D:D
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ATB... Oooohh another challenge.. I love a good challenge.. Scrimpers ... that is what we shall be known as.. I shall not spend a bean other than pre-budgeted quiddage during March.. no impromptu takeaways or anything.. however .. I shall buy everything needed by the small pinks and birthday stuff (4th DS3 and 24th OH's mother)

Botheration.. a second is barfing... I have so much stuff to get done tomorrow.. why do children ALWAYS bugle up any plans you have?? Best charge the ipads.. they shall provide peace and quiet. Is it worth getting up and rushing about like crazies to take 1 child to school in the disgusting white stuff at stupid temps so they can be cold and wet and miserable?

I might need to ring OH to come home from work.. I do NOT do vomit.. ever.. Off to spray a few toxic children with bleach and antibac spray and air freshener and maybe a dash of elbow grease and get them a mug of disinfectant each!! eeewwwwwww!!!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts