PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ATB I'll join in for March, but recently i've been very good, so to have to come here each day and report in, will focus me even more!

Work done and it was very cold..........
    No snow as such currently here, but it was -8 when i drove home
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had lots of good intentions today. Dailies done

Blasted snow. School closed just after lunchtime.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Back from hols. Less than slinky. Rather shocked by the difference in temperature from warmer climes. Highlight of the holiday, for those into wildlife,
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Narc0lepsy/P1010401_zpsmtbb3m4b.jpg sorry I can't work out typing 'photo' over the link today.
    Normally I like snow, but determined not to have a snow day today as having been on hols, I need the money. It snowed all the way to uni although the roads were ok; not holding my breath for tomorrow.

Have only skimmed the lists and what you've all been up to, so the usual congrats/commiserations/hugs/spoons etc. The slinkies seem to be doing well so I must renew my efforts especially as I need to pick up the running to achieve my goal of the park run by my 60th in April.

As with most other holiday returnees, time has been spent washing, putting away clothes, washing, putting away clothes an infinite amount of times (we didn't take that much!) , catching up with emails, post and general life. Flying of a sort. Oh and filling bird feeders hoping they haven't given us up for dead.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening, all :wave:

I made it into college yesterday evening for the meal and 1.5 hours of lectures, but then I came home at the coffee break because I was feeling groggy again. Didn't go out at all today until 6.50 pm: DH took Rosie out for her walk this afternoon, and luckily they met her best friend and the two of them ran circles round each other for half an hour). This evening I managed to sit through 2+ hours of committee meeting with only one sneeze and a few coughs - a big improvement on yesterday :D There has been no flying done apart from WMx2 and FUPA aired items.

Unfortunately I have had to cancel a meeting for tomorrow lunchtime, because of the snow forecast :( I could probably get there, but some older people wouldn't be safe driving or walking. But I still have to go out for a physio appointment later in the afternoon - and again on Friday morning to the GP for an injection in my painful shoulder :eek:

ETA Wow, Narc0, that looks close!
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's a snow day!! :j No rushing about trying to get everyone ready. Need to find out if Tiny's preschool is open...

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough Iona. Sending get well wishes x

Woodburner roaring away - currently says -9° here, but TBH I'm back in bed with a cuppa.

Our bedroom is nearly finished.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Up and ready to go here, it has snowed a little over night but not enough to worry about. But it seems colder as it is overcast so no lovely snow streaming through the windows. OH said it was only minus 4 when he went out this morning. I'm out at about 10.30.

Flying happening at a reduced pace, bed made, loos done and washing and ironing up to date. DW done and WU too. Just going to relay the woodburner and brng logs in for when we get back later. Hopefully going to pick up car from the garage this evening but not holding my breath, they've had it since an accident in the first week of January. Also going to do a few bits in town that I've been putting off doing as haven't had to go into town for work until today

Keep warm and stay safe
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    Options
    Rain has turned to sleet has turned to persistent snow. The primary school made the close call earlier, so day off work for me! Wooty woot, as Valli would say! The secondary school didn't make the call until the children had made it in for a 15 mile journey...then said that they will close mid morning. The buses aren't there to bring them home, so they have to wait until they can be turned around. Talk about a bad call! I'm not going to get much done until I know that DD has made it back ok. Oh and I still have DH under my feet of course!

Stay safe, stay warm. X
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,936 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're feeling better Iona.

Just the dailies done here this morning, walked the dogs to the post box and cleared and salted the front path.

It hasn't stopped snowing since yesterday afternoon so even our village school is closed today. DH has made it in to work after slipping over on the ice last night.

I'll try to be scrimpy here for March as I am now unemployed.

Have a great day everyone. Stay warm.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Call made last night si I!!!8217;ve had a lie in with the curtains open watching more snow fall. Bin are out but no sign of bin lorry for first bin - they were called off yesterday. Need to get to the shed for the cat litter and tray as Poppy has made it perfectly clear she is not going out.
    Cleaned bedroom yesterday including some long-overdue sorting. Just one bit to do today, plus change bed and it will be the best clean it!!!8217;s had since 2016!

It really is about time the apostrophe problem was sorted!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    Options
    Bed changed, wm run and done, ditto dishwasher. HHi ironing and a quick run round with the vacuum cleaner, as best I can around the builder's tools and boxes. I don't think he will be back this week, although it is ok weatherwise outside atm.

I meant to say, good luck to the Scrimpies. I know that I need to join you, but need some inspiration on where to start. Other than keeping the purse firmly closed, of course!

Coffee had. I'm still wandering around a bit like a spare part though. It's thrown me, not having to go into work this morning. I'll try to tackle something productive in the spare room later, although that is also a dumping ground for the builder, so success may be limited.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure