PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Fab track, LW. I was the lucky person who had Stairway to Heaven at their wedding. The full extended version. DH's choice. I swear that I was looking at my watch by the end of it. :D
    :rotfl: @ the idea of you in a "meringue" looking at your watch (and presumably fidgeting).
    The other piece of music we had (while everyone finished their drinks and assembled) was "Even Wolves Dream" by Anthony Miles. I can't find it online, but it is a truly beautiful piece, and features actual wolfsong.
    ionafan wrote: »
    I just managed to take Rosie to her prepaid class this afternoon - where a stupid woman backed into my car "because she "didn't see it" (even though it's bright green???!!!)
    I have to wonder if she ought to be driving at all, if her eyesight is that poor. I hope there's not too much damage done.

Dizzy I'm glad "ring-gate" is now resolved. Honestly, men can be the utter limit! Even mine can be a total @rse at times.
    You wear those earrings with pride, my friend. x

Not much in the way of Flying today; as the day started sunny and snow-free (though Arctic cold) we went into town to get my morphine tablets, stock up with F&V and do the SM shopping I had on my list - just in case getting out is not easily do-able for the rest of the week; so that's all today's spoons used. I also yelled at a delivery man going to next door for using my garden as a walkway (cheeky turd - to pinch a term from Piggers).

Sausages and roasties have been requested for dins, so Mr LW got detailed to prep the roasties (working on the assumption that he doesn't want okra with it - aka ladies fingers - geddit?:D )
    He's now ensconced at the pc playing Mass Effect 2. I shall crowbar him off in a minute to set the table. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    CF rant... CF strikes again.. DS1 in his infinite stupidity messaged him a few weeks ago on his partners facebook because he has DS1 blocked.. So this reply starts.. I love you but I haven't like you for a long time.. then says he tried to make contact with them through family mediation.. so he didn't invite them to his wedding because these didn't want to have him pretend to be all nicey nicey because there was someone else there and deny all the rubbish he put us through and make out I am the bad guy and he is lily white... then be a total sphincter the minute they left.. they just want to be treated like people... They justsaid if he wants to talk to them to just talk to them without being a total willy... Anyway. I told dil to not let him meet up with him it will all end in tear, again and they won't be CF's.. He just contacts one of these every 6-12 months to stir them all up again, just when I am getting them back on an even keel... and me too.. clearly... what kind of parent treats their offsprung like this.. he needs to do them a favour and die like he has been threatening for years.. claiming he had a brain tumour to get attention and make them feel bad about not liking him.

Ok.. I'm done!

DD2 did the DW and 2x WM and some shopping
    OH posted my mortgage application thing to reduce payments.. then took the 2 girls to ice skating.

I can't find the blue bathroom paint.. so I am thinking of getting a different colour and ignoring the blue tiles...

I want to get this small pink in bed and get a coat of paint on the bathroom ceiling.. We also need to bring everyones stuff downstairs so we can move beds... there isn't room with everything up there.I might have DS3 watch Twinkle and mobilise the lazies.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Loved the song link posted by Piggers on last week's thread; if anyone's remotely interested, this is what we had at our wedding:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGRiZb40r1s

ooh, magnificent song!

Just wandered in to leave virtual coffees :coffee::coffee::coffee: and a few spare spoons before herding the laundry :D
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please someone take our white stuff away! It went from beautiful sunshine to raging blizzard just as the school bus got back. Now the roads are covered with the stuff. Of course, tomorrow is my only non working day of the week, and the list is as long as your arm. Ho hum.

Not a lot achieved today, as the plasterer was here on a dust creation scheme. There is an argument that says you wouldn't actually notice the difference in some places! Anyway, ensuite cleaned, token vacuuming done, soup made (YS cauliflower, soup smells good), dailies done, argument had with DD as it would appear that I am not the mind reader that I am presumed to be :wall:

((Hugs)) to all flyladies with frustrating DHs, and to those who just want a hug.
    Ionafan - hope you feel better soon.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bathroom painted!!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Itisme_2
    Itisme_2 Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Done lots of work today, including one main task (even though a lot of the time was spent researching, it can be good to make an informed decision). Now I'm going to pick a hotspot and clear it before having something to eat.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well didn't do a lot today apart from decluttering cups of tea to DH in his office. The sun came out this afternoon and melted a wee bit of snow but the new downpour since 7pm has covered all dog prints/foot prints etc up. And it doesn't look like it is going to ease up anytime soon !!!55357;!!!56864; DH is going to work tomorrow although I hope he doesn't become one of stuck ones on the motorway as it had today. I've got to go to the drs in the village in the morning so will put my wellies on and traipse up there in the fresh snow.

Stay safe those with snow.

Listy up in a bit xxx
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have to wonder if she ought to be driving at all, if her eyesight is that poor. I hope there's not too much damage done.
    Thanks Lame Wolf - just a scuff, no dent, but it will still take me time and effort to get it repaired, even though I shall not be paying.

DH told me not to go to SW this morning, so as to get well enough to go to college this evening. I went to sleep on the sofa for 2 hours while the chicken casserole was cooking in the SC. He went out straight after lunch to the steam railway "just to get a signature on a piece of paper and deliver it to the office" and didn't get back until after long I'd dragged myself out for a walk with Rosie and then taken myself off to college an hour later than usual. I came home an hour earlier than usual too, because I started feeling unwell again - fortunately the person who I normally give a lift to had got his own wheels tonight.

Just finishing a :coffee: and then I shall be falling into bed.

Flying? Oh yes, I did manage to get the fevver duster out to clean the coffee table :D
    I should have delegated that job to Rosie - she has a wonderful feather duster tail :rotfl:

Tomorrow, if the roads are passable, I must deal with the car.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening folks and hope you're all warm and safe. Blizzards here on and off all day and it's really white and howling atm :eek:

Sending some gws vibes for the poorlies esp Iona - hope you're all soon feeling better

Well done all the painters and decorators :T
    The other piece of music we had (while everyone finished their drinks and assembled) was "Even Wolves Dream" by Anthony Miles. I can't find it online, but it is a truly beautiful piece, and features actual wolf song.........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKXu5Yjdy20 ;)

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Space that held DH's golf stuff now re-delegated as CS collection point
    Hoover etc space re-delegated for 'stuff' going to DSD
    Spare room tidied
    Dusted all through top to bottom
    Checked broadband and phone contracts
    More paperwork shuffled and decluttered
    Made roast beef dinner today to combat the wintry feelings
    Made executive decision that cleaning windows delayed until weather improves !

Manic Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Clean floors,
    Clean the INSIDE of the microwave... don't forget the ceiling!!!

Twinkly Tuesday ~ the boudoir (seeing as I am looking at my mess!)
    For those with snow stay warm and safe!!!!
    Strip, wash and replace bedding.. FRIDAYS here

Study & bathrooms - Wednesday
    Vacuum the floors
    Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks
    Wipe down the tiles and defragment the pc while doing this.
    Declutter and dust the pc desk
    Wipe away cup rings and sticky things
    Wipe the keyboard, mouse, cables and sockets and suchlike.
    Extras
    Vacuum under movable furniture
    Clear a hotspot

Hugs, sticks and spoons all round
    Hope you all have a super Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »

Snow predicted here on Friday :j hope it arrives :D Tiny has anti-freeze for blood, so will go to preschool in a T-shirt and shorts, otherwise he will have a full-on snotty tantrum. (I do send jumpers, jogging bottoms, boots and a coat, but at three, he already knows his own mind :eek:) Small is far more sensible and dresses according to the weather.

If Tiny is anywhere near as obstreperous as Offspring #2, he might just get over himself if allowed to do that but accompanied by a bag of warm clothes. #2 hated shoes and socks and would scream with rage if I dared to try and put them back on her. One particularly bitter afternoon whilst I was pushing her back from Nursery in the buggy, I finally had enough of the rages emanating from the seat once we were a quarter of a mile from home and picked the shoes and socks up off the pavement where they'd been hurled for the tenth time in about seven minutes. I put them on the hood and just got on with pushing her up the hill. She'd already refused with a full blown tantrum on the way to Nursery about the idea of wearing a coat or hat, so she was sitting in the buggy just in her Nursery uniform with a celular blanket. She'd have been about 2 and a quarter (Summer Baby).

200 yards later, she was screaming that her feet were cold. I said she'd thrown her socks away and I couldn't find them, they were 'lost' - and pushed her the rest of the way up the hill home in five minutes, where her little blue toes were warmed up with cuddles.

Strangely, I never had any problems getting her to wear socks, shoes - or a coat and hat - after that.

Sat here wondering why, two weeks after the last one, I've got pains just like AF. Have yesterday's bean stew and today's vegetables decided to get revenge?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family