PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Options
    No snow here, in fact glorious sunshine which is great through the glass but it is bitterly cold once you go outside. Need to go out and bring more wood in for woodburner but keep putting it off. Not been very productive around the house. Sorted something for dinner tonight, just need to do some mash then turn chilli into a shepherds pie. WM x 2 so will iron once TD finished. Bags unpacked from weekend and put away so not gone backwards.
    Right going to make a cup of tea and go and get logs whilst the kettle boils (I can see dark clouds the other; side of the house and once the sun goes it gets cold quickly).
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's trying to snow here but. not enough to settle at all - of course the kids will be thrilled! S back at school today; he was fine. BD baying but studiously ignoring it and am sure will just disappear again as quick as it came. DH being irritable which rubs off on me so just trying to not let what he says affect me but it can be hard sometimes can't it.

Going to do a little paid job then will fly after I've topped up bird feeders. I've moved them by my window so can watch them whilst I work :)

Dizzy hugs lovely, ring to ear rings sounds lovely to me.

Pigpen well done for yesterday and mind how you go today; watch those hips of yours!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Think 'Ring-gate' has blown over.

And we have snow!!!! Only a little bit, but it's lovely (sorry Pigpen)

Bedroom ceiling painted in a very nice subtle grey, almost, almost blue. Very pale, matt paint, which I think will complement the bird wallpaper beautifully. Two greens for the remaining walls to be decided between (I have my favourite, but am just going to run it past hubby). Want to carry on with things later, but having a rest and some crackers for lunch.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy.. keep your white !!!!.. and glad you got an apology.

HV been and gone.. she has deemed Twinkle very lovely, happy and a little behind in gross motor skills and talking but she knows me and my older children and that I am sensible enough to recognise if she should need additional input... after she left I went back to licking the walls and chewing carpets ;)

Twinkle gone down for a nap so I scranned food and am just finishing this cuppa and heading to paint the bathroom ceiling... coat number 1!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    Options
    lol... I thought I could hear Twinkle crying... it is the cat snoring!!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    I am bushed. Done lots of dog walking today, and the fresh air (i.e. freezing air!) has wiped me out. Two loads of laundry done and having a cuppa now to thaw out before heading out on the school run shortly. Full day of paid stuff tomorrow and need to look smart so shall be washing and straightening hair this evening, my least favourite job!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 February 2018 at 3:53PM
    Options
    Ate a very large frog today & made a quick stop to shops I've been needing things from also, so win win..:T
    General tidy up all over, picked up items for washing along the way..
    Wash done, hung up (dressing gown in airing cupboard as will dry quicker) airing cupboard tidied and washing put away.
    Large pasta meal made, one for tonight with yummy quiche & another for the freezer :A
    Will make 2 banana cakes later, again, one for the freezer (sliced ready for lunch boxes)
    Decluttered birthday wishes to my mum & best friend :rotfl:
    Attempted to give DS1 some enthusiasm to look for another job after being given 2 weeks notice from his current one, the shop is closing.. He's sad about it.. Still, he NEEDS to pay for his car, college, etc so foot up butt may ensue if umph isn't found and applications made!!!

Ooh I've done more than I realised.. Cuppa time me thinks.. :)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Not a great day, feeling a bit drained after extended weekend away, but I have made dinner, 2 loads of washing done and put away and place is tidy so that isn't so bad.

Celebrity baking competition on tv tonight so will enjoy that with a glass of wine

Tomorrow is another day.
  • pigpen
    Options
    bathroom ceiling painted..
    Girls collected.. they are now scoffing the sandwiches they made this morning.

bother.. I still haven't posted my letter... ggrrrr... knew I should have delegated it!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2018 at 6:26PM
    Options
    He must be vaguely excited by this vacuum cleaner - came in, having been sent home early because it snowed quite heavily (apparently, the boss worries about me slipping over on some ice - not that I'm complaining, but I am not a little old lady with osteoporosis - yet) to find he's done downstairs as threatened yesterday night.

There are 'vegetables and stock' in the SC, apparently. I guess that's dinner sorted - once I've snuck some calories in there somewhere :whistle:

Bed is made, he's recluttered the top of the CoD with more of my clothes, I've slung the badly fitting [strike]too tight for my belly[/strike] work trousers, a couple of simply vile tops I was given and a pair of shoes that would have been excrutiating even kept for what appears to have been their original purpose of never being worn standing up. I was given them as well, but I never wanted them - I have [ahem] two pairs suitable for that purpose already. And they never leave the bottom of the wardrobe in any case...

Idiot Cat is currently squawking at me, pummelling the expensive lambswool blanket that the ex decided to boil wash (hence why IC is still living and breathing) and intermittently trying to clutch onto my leg with all eighteen pointy bits. Grumpy Fluffy is looking like an unloved child because he's in between her and me.

Sorted out return of the old vacuum as Himself shouldn't have been able to blow it up within nine months when he hardly touched it and the filters were clean every time. Going to cost me £4 to return it, but at least I'll get the cost of the thing back. Just as well we kept the box and I emptied junk out of it earlier.

Still holding out hope for a Snow Day this week. Some of the Offspring of the Parish were particularly obtuse today, completely unrelated to the snow, and I actually went Full Angry Mum on them. They retreated rather than argue for more than ten minutes.

ETA: And now the bed is cluttered up with somebody who 'needs a little rest'. Ah, bless, poor dear pushed a vacuum cleaner around a bit. I shall go up and give him a poke in the ribs in an hour's time.

ETA2: Am I going mad? I've decided what I want more than anything else in the world at this moment is some homemade lemon or lime curd. Why?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family