PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I was all ready to go to the post office and shop and got Twinkle in the pushchair and OH rang.. by the time he got off the phone (he needed me to send him an email) Twinkle was asleep.. so...

I took off my coat.. filled the ceiling holes in the bathroom.. went to get lunch.. OH has not bought the eggs I asked him to get.. ggrr... so now I need to find something else for lunch which doesn't involve 200g sugar, 1lb of fat and soooooo much grease it is the one that I want!

I am off to do more productive things.. like sweeping...

TD and 1 WM on..

I think I am ill, I am doing all these domestic things.. or maybe I have turned back into myself.. it's only taken 9 years!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not terribly productive here .... S was sick in the early hours so sorted that out as much as I could whilst half asleep and now sprinkled baking powder on it which is meant to lift it out .. bleugh. I've done a bit of paid stuff. Of course now S is here driving me insane keeping on an on, he's fine and I really think it was a one off but of course he can't go to school. Done a load in the WM. That's it really whoops!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Poor you Mumof2, sick really is the pits to deal with! Glad he's better though x

Been volunteering for an hour, another dog walk done, lunch eaten and a clothing order collected from M&S (more school clothes for DD).

Having a cuppa now by the fire :)
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,849 Forumite
    Options
    Wm is going
    Cupboard under the stairs:- removed everything, chucked the rubbish, took my shoes up stairs to their shoe box thing I have, hoovered out said cupboard.....and put what was left back in tidy, the door now closes, and there is loads of room in there as well. Result

Food shop done
    Some one who was ment to turn up between 10 and 11, didn't so rang his office to ask where he was..............got told :-
    we rang you this morning,
    no you didn't as I have been here all morning with the phone firmly clamped to my side.
    Oh well we didn't ring you........ (great I have waited in all morning)
    So when is some one coming
    Well it won't be today..............
    Well is he free to visit on 5th March
    No
    oh well, then I will have to cancell.........
    and with that she put the phone down on me.......they won't be getting my business..................

eby parcle posted.
    I've eaten.

Been sunny all morning here, but it has just clouded up with what look like snow clouds.

Edit

Correct it is now snowing
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    Options
    ok.. I am quite ill.

I have...

sanded the bathroom.. not just the filled bits.
    bleached the mouldy bits on the ceiling and the gross tiles.
    MOPPED the ceiling and walls.. not done the floor though!
    Scrubbed the sink and vanity unit.
    put both shower curtains in the WM
    Cleaned the WM drawers.. they were utterly disgusting.
    Redone DW
    Redone TD
    Binned many gross items from the kitchen
    Filled a carrier of coffee jars for DS1
    Filled a large binbag with dressing up stuff to donate to school (1 empty laundry basket!)
    Filled a binbag of stuff for 'junk modelling' to donate to a class which does not have one of my children in :p ... sneaky I know!

Having a cuppa and I am off to post a parcel and collect some girls.

I think I am feeling very much my old thread running organised cleany person.. that or I actually am bipolar (it has been suggested by medical personnel) and this is another manic episode I never want to end! Or maybe this is what happens when Twinkle spends the night in her own bed..

I also bossed DS2 to remove the mouldy patches from his bedroom ceiling.. it has poor ventilation in there so has condensation mould.. he never does anything so this is nothing short of miraculous!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have sorted lots of paperwork (but not all yet) and done some shredding. Dogs have had another walk. DH wants a lift to the docs soon. In the meantime I will work on my CV.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Happily sitting in the warm at home, as the boss told me to leave early today to avoid any chance of being caught out in the snow (the forecast was accurate to within 4 minutes for each episode today).

Slightly miffed (as is Himself) that the vacuum cleaner delivery scheduled for 8 - 12 is still not here. Especially as the tracking shows that they were less than five minutes' drive away from us at 12.05pm and are now 12 miles away in rushhour traffic the other side of the motorway. They probably drove past the end of the road to get there as well.

Several children were blue with the cold today - 'I don't have any long socks or tights, Miss'. One has been threatened with detention for putting a jumper on underneath her shirt because she has a massive journey to school and doesn't have a hat or gloves. Told her to ignore them (and will be having a look in the CoD tonight to see if I've got a poundshop pair for her tomorrow).

Hoping for something stewlike for tea. When Himself makes dumplings, they aren't the best, but they're good enough when you want stodge. And I want stodge.

Was wondering what exactly went wrong with my life when I was sat during my break feeling disappointed that the new vacuum cleaner wouldn't be here when I got back from work, though. And when we set up a competition about whether the next faculty responsible for cleaning the Staffroom would do a better job than I did...

ETA: just jumped half out of my skin. I hadn't noticed the Fluffy Grumpy Cat had snuck in beside me on the sofa and put my hand down to check the delivery on my phone. She glared at me, refused to move and is now scowling at the world for my unreasonable reaction.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    Options
    Jojo.. is there anything in my stash of stuff that could help your young people? Would sending them warm bits be unwelcome? It is such a shame the school uniform bits are logo'd I have 7 huge binbags to fling.. I'm depositing at the high school for needy families. I can't promise anything useful is left but if you give an idea of sizes and what is needed I will look.

binbag of creative materials donated and bag of jars and more recycling out. dressing up in the car to be dropped off in the morning.

DD3 instructed in the flinging to be done and produced a binbag of rubbish which doesnt fit in my bin.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,849 Forumite
    Options
    Dinner done
    Another cupboard turfed out
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Jojo.. is there anything in my stash of stuff that could help your young people? Would sending them warm bits be unwelcome? It is such a shame the school uniform bits are logo'd I have 7 huge binbags to fling.. I'm depositing at the high school for needy families. I can't promise anything useful is left but if you give an idea of sizes and what is needed I will look.

binbag of creative materials donated and bag of jars and more recycling out. dressing up in the car to be dropped off in the morning.

DD3 instructed in the flinging to be done and produced a binbag of rubbish which doesnt fit in my bin.

Thank you so much, but I'm sure your local kids need it just as much, if not more, what with you being up in the chilly North near Beeeg Vater [Watership Down reference there] :D

Vacuum finally delivered and polite query about how it took nearly eleven hours to get under a mile from the depot sent to the company, especially as the tracker logged the van as sitting at the end of the road for 40mins.

Himself seems quite impressed with it on taking it out and - gasp - reading the instruction booklet. He's going to do the bedroom with it once he's checked there aren't any socks lurking under the bed, waiting to be eaten. Mind you, he's still convinced he bears no responsibility for the demise of the previous cleaners (or microwaves, blenders, liquidisers, kettle, the oven, dishwasher...), so I'm still vaguely worried about his handling Very Expensive Electrical Equipment.

If he [strike]doesn't knacker this one[/strike] gets on OK with it, I'll think about spending out when other items need replacing. But at the moment, he's laughing at the ridiculously oversized floor tool (the designers are overcompensating for something, apparently :cool:), I'm entertaining him with teaching him how to use the hose as a digeridoo and terrifying the felines in the process.

We're such grownups here. :)
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family