PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all :)

Full day of out of the house paid stuff today, so need to head out very shortly. Trying to get small people dressed and out the house by 7.30, no mean feat!

Not much flying then but if DH ends up being at home (weather dependent) I’ll text him a list.

Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

It has just started to snow here very lightly, we have missed most of it so far.

Cleaned out the hallway book case last night, one heap of rubbish now in bin, one heap for CS, one heap to sell, and a very very little to go back in to the book case!! note I only found 3 books, the rest of it was 'stuff' :)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SNOW DAY - WOOTY WOOTY WOOT WOOT:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_laug:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin

s'pose I'll have to fly:rotfl::rotfl:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If Tiny is anywhere near as obstreperous as Offspring #2, he might just get over himself if allowed to do that but accompanied by a bag of warm clothes.

What a fabulous word! It describes Tiny to a T. I'm sure he is the love-child of a frost giant though, as they did PE at preschool yesterday (practising for big school in September) and he only wore his cotton T-shirt and sports shorts, refusing point blank to don the jogging bottoms or fleece I'd packed in his sports bag...

Just for the record, I have no recollection of any frost giant liaisons...

Wallpapering planned for today. And more painting with the "mutually agreed" green paint. Still snowy here :T which I love, but it did take me nearly an hour to sort out my (and the neighbours') chickens yesterday as all their drinking water had frozen, the grain in the feeders was solid and blocking the flow, put out corn and meal worms and I made hot porridge to warm their little tummies.

Right, need to get a move on - collecting my friend's kiddies on the way to school...

Laters x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning flyladies. Well done Piggers on getting the decorating done.

Thick snow here and still coming down. It's my last day of the paid stuff today, so excited to be finishing.

Finances have been sorted for the month ahead, breakfast dishes are washed, just need to get dressed, walk the dogs to the post box to send back my work pass and then I'll take a look at the list.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. No snow day here, but I feel your joy, Valli. Wooty-woot! I have done the intrepid school run with DD and her many bags / guitar. 2 sides of a triangle, and 3 different local authorities...no surprise that it is our's that didn't seem to grit, then. The sun is out, it is minus 5, but everything looks so pretty. Still hate the stuff though.

Yay, Jazee! Sounds like a celebration day.

Flying planned for today. It is a case of finding somewhere that isn't full of builder's bits, or displaced "stuff". Unfortunately that would appear to be the kitchen.

First of all I'm off for a walk. I'd really rather stay in, but slinky calls. Catch you all later x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,936 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Fayolle, I still have to find another job though, once I've had a month off.

Dogs walked, letter posted, birds fed, salt on front path and that is it.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning! No snow here but meant to be coming tomorrow .... time will tell.

Done some paid stuff and now need to get dressed as sat here in PJs and dressing gown! Got my invoice all done ready to send out at the end of today too. Me and DH argued earlier but at least he apologised (for once) and brought me in a cup of tea. I can hear him doing something in the kitchen so that's a good sign.

Stay safe all of you with snow, wrap up warm and go steady x
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Very cold today but no snow, forecast for tomorrow but then forecast to thaw so hopefully it won't stick around for too long. Typically the only day I'm working is tomorrow, we'll see.

Had a quick wipe around the bathroom and kitchen and not looking too bad. Off to get some food in, have actually done a bit of menu planning until the weekend. Trying to build up a stock of ready meals aka as leftovers in the freezer. 2 portions of chilli shepherd's pie in there from last night.

Well done all of you with your decorating.

Keep warm
    xx
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    girls fed and hoofed to school.. OH sent for bread ... school ring to say Squeaks a barfing... so I sent him back to collect her.. she is now merrily playing on dragonball.. while Twinkle stuffs her face with everything in sight.. she has a choco dip thing.. a cheapy tiny version.. but she has had a banana, a satsuma, a slice of bread and jam & a handful of cereal.

WM on with Squeaky icky uniform.. she has been informed of the barfy rules.. you get to the loo or else you clean it up yourself! Anyway, she just slithered upstairs ;)

DD2 is home so she can watch these 2 while I go slop another coat of paint about in the bathroom.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts