NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Turtles
    We went for a walk yesterday even though it was raining and picked up some more washing liquid and a few things for the boy's moving in box. Beautiful morning today so hoping to get some washing dried outside.
    Cup of coffee and off I go!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Laura, Aldi's toiletries are cruelty free too, and the leaping bunny symbol is going to be used on them going forwards too. I love both ranges :)

Spend on groceries on Saturday, hospital parking on Friday. Weekly grocery spend was £31.14 - I expect hubby will want more milk before the end of the month though.

NSD 13 Sunday and 14 today.

Budgets
    Groceries: 157.17/200
    Personal: 58.28/110 (due a refund on some rubbish maternity tights but that won't come through this month)
    Diesel: 58.89/120
    NSDs: 14/18

A little victory, I actually got paid on Friday but I've managed to totally put it to the back of my mind, I am now working on an "end of the month" basis to work with this thread, and hubby's payday (which will be the only payday soon!)
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry haven't been about but the good news is my cooker and my new french doors are fitted and make the house look amazing. So modern looking and now see my fantastic garden.

Spent both days over the weekend.
    Saturday
    Easter Fayre, then beach walk and lovely fish and chips. £10 spent
    Sunday
    Cinema Peter Rabbit, used cheap local cinema so £5.50plus coffee £1.50
    Naughty usually take a coffee but early am and had been cleaning offices in work first. Rest day spent moving bricks, kept old ones they took out as they were clean and will use around the garden.

NSD 10/18 that includes today. Failing again.

Everything else under budget, trying to pay off new oven on my cc.

Ordered food from Gusto - as my meals lately are boring and I need some variety, someone in work had 50% off voucher and they got £15 for recommending me. Meals work out £2.14 each. Not tied to them so that's the rest of the week planned out. However may have to eat same meals twice - joys of living alone.

Wow Monday done. Today has flown by in work
    Hope everyone is wonderful
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 March 2018 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Grateful for:
    NSD today 18/18.
    Left work on time today.
    Achieved quite a bit in work.
    Was light on the way home.
    Having a chilled out evening.
    Started reading a book I won about Laura Ingalls Wilder.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Today was an unplanned spendy, had to update dd's passport. Didn't think the prices went up until tomorrow but it's charged me the new one today. :/

Mostly spent the day pottering around the garden clearing up dead growth, bin is full now so job done. I need to paint the table ready for BBQ season :D

Gratitudes include having the ability and time to enjoy the spring sun with the family.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Had a spend day yesterday. definately not hitting my target now.
    Went to view Duncans photos from his modelling shoot. We get one 8x6 free and have also added a 20x16 for £45. We have a huge photo of our late dog Shadow, so we wanted a large one of Duncan to fill up the wall.

Did a 12 mile run yesterday, my marathon is fast approaching, only 3 weeks to go. We have a half marathon 5 weeks after that too, which is ideal as usually after a race (especially one I've been training hard for) I lose focus with nothing to aim for.
    I will take a week off from running after the marathon, but will cross train with a little swimming or something, then get back into training.
    I'd love to get back to my old fitness, my fastest pace was 8:40 min/miles, I'm plodding along at 10:30ish min/miles at the moment. It is an improvement on last years 11:30min/miles average, but nowhere near where I want to be.
    • · For the striders: [STRIKE]18[/STRIKE] 25 NSDs 19/25
    • · Set your budgets before the challenge starts. Spreadsheet updated.
    • · [STRIKE]Be generous. There are many who are far worse off. Do not forget to give to your choice of charity. Donation donated. :)[/STRIKE]
    • · As ever, always take your lunch to work, and drink and snacks when out and about Didn't fancy soup when I popped home for lunch, so stole a slice of BFs ham and made a sarnie.
    • [STRIKE]· [FONT="]Pay towards your debt first! [FONT="]Done[/FONT][/FONT][/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]· Plan. Look ahead to the month and what your commitments are.[/STRIKE]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Gosh two fine days together, can't remember the last time that happened!! Did go outside again, making progress but it's slow, and then I feel I should have been doing stuff inside, which also very much needs a lot of attention.... Have to try & not get overwhelmed by it all...and remember that each little bit makes it better (hopefully, see yesterdays post re the garden). Whilst I was outside DD came out & sat on the bench, there was a robin singing so loudly I could hardly hear her...Silhouetted against the blue sky, it was just beautiful to see & hear. If I'd been inside, I'd have missed that!

· For the striders: still 16/18 NSDs

· Set your budgets before the challenge starts - am mindful of this & sure we are doing better. Been reading a thread that gave me much food for thought re the amount we are spending/wasting·

Be generous ; will do

· Note down Lots of receipts in file waiting to be sorted. Still waiting.

· As ever, will do

· Pay towards your debt first! Do not have debt now but have been there before so am very wary. Do have a CC paid off in full every month. PAD of £12.92 to cc

· Plan. Will make list of places to go - need to have it in reserve for impromptu trips out. Still A WIP, but found another to add to the list. DH suggested another day out. list growing, another couple of ideas today. DH consulted - has ideas apparently..Want to make plans to go to Ireland, first need to sort out car but will get on with that tomorrow. Did something I've been meaning to do & checked when all cars tax/MOT is due. Also rang neighbour in Ireland, not got back to me yet.

Check in every day. Almost!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Sorry for my absence. Im in one of those moods where I spend too much and have completely fallen off the SW wagon too. Spends were mainly on food but managed to spend the whole of Aprils food budget on one day (and more)! I am batch cooking but in theory that means I cantbuy any top ups for a month! I know that wont happen. I think the issue was that as Im away for a week I dropped my budget to £80 but the cupboards were bare so I had all the basics to buy too. Oh well, Ill have to come up with some kind of plan.

Yesterday was spendy as the smart meter man couldntdo my install (after waiting two hours for him to arrrive) so my friend and I rearranged our garden centre trip and I bought new plants, used my £30 birthday voucherbut spent £26 more on compost and a couple of other plants. Planted them out last night and they look lovely and todays rain will do them good.

Today Im off to London to visit a friend. Driving to avoid extortionate train fares. In January, I went for £45, this week theyre £80+. She said shell buy my lunch for driving so hoping for a SFD.

Got a free weeks pass for a lovely local gym. Swam yesterday and will do so for the rest of the week :)

Better get up and off to London!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Raining here today. I had planned to cycle this morning but will wait and see if the weather picks up. I'm working from home this week so can manage to fit exercise in around that. I ran last night and it was horrible - oh well at least I tried.

Aprils budgets started yesterday for me and are as follows

£0/£115 fuel
    £0/£380 food
    £450/£450 savings
    £200/£200 EF
    £100/£100 car expenses
    £30/£30 holiday fund

I sold a bed on ebay last week for £35 and that has also gone into the holiday fund. A small sale over the weekend was another £4 into savings.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Debtfreewannabme
    Options
    Hello - I have been busy spring cleaning, several trips to the skip and charity shops later and we are feeling 'lighter'. I have managed 14 NSDs so far. We had some money come through from 1 PPI claim. After talking it through we decided to use the money to get all of our pasports before prices hiked up today! I have also used some of the money to order photographes/photobooks of our children. I still have 1000 photos to sort through from my google photos account but I'm happy I've made a good start. Any parent living in the digital age will understand the battle that is snapping photos of anything and everything then realising that you have to make the time to sort, store and print asap else you are suddenly overwhelmed with photos :)

Anyway, today is a spend day as we are off out. I have learnt this month that I set our budget too tight. We ran low on food yesterday so was forced to take £20 out of the EF. It's payday numbr 1 tomorrow so April budgets will be finalised tonight.
    Hope you're all ok - Apple muncher I am also grateful for moo free eggs in Aldi! It was a lovely suprise and allowed myself to stray from 'the list'.
    Going to try to post atleast once a day again. Hope you have a good spend/NSDs x
    I am now debt free:T - 20/03/18. Whatever your situation - just.keep.going!
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]EF £1000/£1000 goal
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]CHILDCARE Savings goal £600/£600
    EF 3 month goal £2,000/£3,500
    HOUSE DEPOSIT £0/£20,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business