NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• DancingDragons
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting my new laptop...

Getting over a nasty cold...

Its been a busy few weeks, and I have 11 NSD's in total. Lost a few buying a new machine, and dentists, and such things, but stuck to the plan even though I couldn't report in.

Hope you are all well, busy day today so must dash.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Spends yesterday in Tesc0 (4.22) and then on the bridge toll collecting DD from uni for the hols (am very glad it's only an hour-ish away!) and then a chippy tea for everyone (still reasonably cheap for 6 - 2 large portions of chips (way more than enough), 4 sausages and £2 on cod bites)

More spends today - OH has taken DS3 for a haircut - well overdue. I will also need to get some yeast from the shop (free) so will get some other shopping whilst there.

Grateful for:
    * DD being back (even if she did bring a load of dirty washing home!)
    * Spending time with sis and nephew yesterday
    * Family time
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning turtles,

interesting as a Mummy to read people's thoughts on how their parents influenced their attitudes to money.

today will be a spend day as we are off to see Disney on ice. Having tea here & then setting off about 4.15.we are taking our own snacks but drinks are apparently extortionate & I love me a slush puppy so....

Free baby group was good yesterday, we walked there & there was plenty of free fruit & snacks for the kids. I think my little lads probably ate a full tub of blueberries between them.

budgets still the same, sort of, my child care bill isnt due til next week but I paid it last night. I have had a few more technical issues with my account & this gives me time to fix it before its due if it goes wrong! so anyway thats £800 out of my EF but Ill put it back once I get paid on thur which is when I actually needed to pay my bill.

have a nice day everyone :)
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD no 16 yesterday. This must be my best month ever.
    I had intended to go the the Health Centre to put in my repeat prescription but my neighbour asked if I could look after her poorly little one for a couple of hours so she could go to work. Poor wee soul slept the whole time but she's perked up a bit this morning.
    I was intending to walk to Lidl this morning to stock up on the washing liquid which is on special offer but Himself is still fast asleep so we'll see. Might be tomorrow instead.
    Have a good weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 24 March 2018 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Ended up spending £65 in Tesc0! :eek but did use a triple points voucher, a voucher cashed out from tcb and also £30+ in small change from the piggy bank :) (Have transferred a rounded up equivalent amount to OH's CC) Bought some treats for family game session tomorrow + some bits we don't normally have in for DD.

Fakeaway Nand0s for dinner tonight - have some soft fluffy rolls proving almost ready top go in the oven to go with the chicken, plus spicy veg rice :) OH won't be eating with us, though - he is off out to an old school dinner with 'the lads' Dinner already paid for, but wine will be involved...... (meaning spends) DD (bless) has offered to pick the no-doubt-drunk OH up later as she'll likely be awake anyway :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Congrats Debtfree & Condolences Thrifty.

I've been MIA again, been a bit of a weird week. Busy in work and worrying about MIL's test results culmunated in a horrible dream where BF had died. It was so real I was shook up for the whole day, and burst into tears when he got home from work that evening!
    MILs cancer isn't curable, but they are going to try 10 days of radiotherapy to try and shrink it a little, enough to make eating a little easier at least. No idea if it will work or not, fingers crossed.

Been keeping an eye on the spending, put £10.01 of diesel in the car yesterday (was trying to stop at £10) which means to reach my NSD target I cannot spend for the rest of the month.

Our 10k race was called off on Sunday. The route takes you through a National Trust site, and they had closed to the public for the day due to the forecast snow.
    We woke up to not a flake on the ground and lots of angry messages on facebook to the race organisers, who wern't to blame as the NT had closed the gates. As they responded, they didn't want to risk running through a closed site, where if there was an accident, an ambulance couldn't get to and therefore invalidate insurance & create hefty fines. Peoples safety is more important.

We popped out to walk Duncan later on in the morning and it suddenly came down in a flurry. We got home covered in snow.
    • · For the striders: [STRIKE]18[/STRIKE] 25 NSDs 18/25 Almost there
    • · Set your budgets before the challenge starts. Spreadsheet updated with my spends.
    • · [STRIKE]Be generous. There are many who are far worse off. Do not forget to give to your choice of charity. Donation donated. :)[/STRIKE]
    • · As ever, always take your lunch to work, and drink and snacks when out and about Leftover mac & cheese for lunch today.
    • [STRIKE]· [FONT="]Pay towards your debt first! [FONT="]Done[/FONT][/FONT][/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]· Plan. Look ahead to the month and what your commitments are.[/STRIKE]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for an arg0s voucher + nectar points = a rare new doll for dd, for dd loving her dance classes, for a good natter with another mum there (we finally swapped first names today!), for cherry blossom, for buses, for my sewing, for a relaxed day.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 March 2018 at 9:48PM
    Options
    Hugs for those in need of them.
    Grateful for:
    Achieving everything on my to do list today.
    Spending time with friend this afternoon. She needed support.
    Taking part in Earth Hour 8.30pm - 9.30pm this evening. Have lit some candles which I already had in. Going to see on website to see what other things I can try and achieve which are ongoing.
    Got a free 24 segment timer which can be used to turn on a lamp or radio if going to out in the evening or away on holiday. This was on a stall run by the police outside a shop.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

More relaxed day, stayed fine so out in the garden, think that will be the theme from now on tbh. It's like the Forth Bridge, by the time you get round it, it's time to start again...DH helped me to fit the new wheel on the barrow, have had it about a year waiting to be fixed. Much easier to cart all the stuff up to the compost heap(s) now. Didn't have to cook as got a few YS items yesterday, so a takeway curry for DH & I got out some fish from the freezer for me. Eventually we will eat from the freezers, in fact we must..

· For the striders: 15/18 NSDs

· Set your budgets before the challenge starts - am mindful of this & sure we are doing better. Hope for a fine day tomorrow so I can get some stuff photographed for eBay.

· Be generous ; will do

· Note down Lots of receipts in file waiting to be sorted.

· As ever, will do

· Pay towards your debt first! Do not have debt now but have been there before so am very wary. Do have a CC paid off in full every month. PAD of £15.00 to cc

· Plan. Will make list of places to go - need to have it in reserve for impromptu trips out. Still A WIP, but found another to add to the list. DH suggested another day out. list growing, another couple of ideas today. DH consulted - has ideas apparently..Want to make plans to go to Ireland, first need to sort out car but will get on with that tomorrow. Car not done yet but transferred some euros to bank a/c. No progress except euros are there to pay property tax.

Check in every day. Almost!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning turtles :)

another NSD today. yday was spendy- I went way over budget for disney on ice. thank god we decided to sack off going to an italian first. did go maccys though but used a whole bunch of "monopoly vouchers" for free ice creams etc. only spent £12 & the kids enjoyed it. slush puppies were a whopping £11 each :eek: and spinny lighty things £7 each (bought outside because they were £20 inside). parking wasn't cheap either!! On the upside they didn't check hubs rucksack & we got away with our home bought snacks :D

Did get chatting to a lovely guy who said for a family of 4 lunch/tea in disney paris was about €60. I have budgeted about €200 a day but were taking cereal bars for breakfast so if food is €120 a day that leaves €80 for other bits. plus we have one evening meal included & one breakfast we can fill up on :D Luckily there's only hub that eats a lot, me & the kids usually share & order extra sides to bulk it out. If they get a meal each they usually leave most of it.

Just a pottering day today & swimming lessons this morning.

Grateful for- the sunshine & birds singing outside. It being the last day of term for swimming (love their lessons but nice to have a lazy Sunday planned) having already bought my easter eggs for the hunt next week :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure