NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Turtles
    Well, Himself did get up at a reasonable time so we had a walk to Lidl and stocked up on washing liquid and a few good YS items. We were going to take another walk today but the rain has just come pouring down so we'll see.
    Other than that a quiet day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    How did you all get on with losing an hour last night? The dustbin collectors were driving around our estate and reversing their vehicle and trundling their mahoosive bins along the paths at 7.30 am (new time - ugh)!

Lost myself an NSD by donating to a friend's cancer charity and by nipping up to aldee after church to see if they had any moo free eggs left (for dd). I was v relieved that they did! So, worth it.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    NSD. Doing well.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Grateful for:
    NSD 17/18
    Did some voluntary work for a charity at a cheering point at a London event. Brought own lunch and flask of tea.
    Went to see friend after voluntary work.
    Had dinner round friend's.
    Having a chilled out evening.
    Finished reading a book.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for dh getting us a tent, for finding a moo free egg in aldee, for dd doing some sewing on her singer hand machine, for peaceful time, for my kettlebell workout, for dd saying she'll eat the strawberry school bars (the blackcurrant ones are as common as hen's teeth round here), for the forsythia starting to blossom, for my drumstick knitting progressing well, for having a roof over my head, plenty of food and warm clothing.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    evening all

Checking in. Another spend day today although did get a NSD in yesterday.

Found today that Aldi's cleaning stuff is now cruelty free which means my budget for cleaning stuff will go so much further now :j
    On a mission
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    On Friday I woke up creaky but also somewhat cranky (sleeping pattern is improving but now and then have a weird night). Had been told I did not need to go to mum's if weather was bad, if I was ill (barking cough still hanging on) or even if I did not feel like going.

However as it did not seem likely to be a productive day, I went out at 11am and arrived at mum's at 1pm, having done a rigorous shopping expedition (multiple shops, lots of heavy stuff including 10 coir blocks - much better than 10 x 10l bags of compost). Honestly felt like crying before the last shop and I never cry for things like that. However made it to Icyland (sent a delivery home to come out of next month's budget) and took mum's with me (got a taxi from there). Hopefully next week I will need very little food for us or for mum (Easter shopping is always horrendous).

Put freezer stuff away when I got to mum's and then collapsed on the sofa. Other bits were done intermittently and I warned her I was going home at 3pm to wait for my delivery. It meant that I felt more organised and in front and improved a bad day.

Yesterday and today were NSDs. I had said that if the weather was good, I would go to start the gardening or painting. So this morning, washing out to dry on the line, loaded up the dolly truck (2 large shelves, 4 pieces of raised bed, bag of bits to fit things together and a bag of mashed swede and carrot - 4 bags actually which I had cooked and mashed) and walked round to mum's (lots of little rest stops).

Decanted the mash into mum's excess plastic boxes, changed into my painting gear, including the lovely pink shower cap and set to.

I have moved 5 chimney pots into their new homes, planted pots with pansies to sit in the top, made up 10 coir blocks (multiple trips with water in a half size bucket + 2l, 1l and 1/2 l jugs - did a few then did another job for a while before going back to them), scraped some moss and soil from the side garden (used to be a driveway but now fenced into the property), made up the raised bed (more bits to be taken there, only took enough to see how much space was needed and where they fit in relation to the chimney pots and the rest of the pots (still to be sorted but have scraped one which has been painted multiple times).

Brought mum's walker out, brought tools, picked things up, walked back and forth to the bins till I was dizzy and have put on and taken off wellie boots about a hundred times. Stopped at 5.30pm (ankles and feet were nagging) scrubbed what dirt I could get off, changed into normal clothes. Mum made tea (my second tea as I my hands had started to shake so I made a sandwich before I collapsed) of chicken, sweet potato fries and multiple vegetables.

Stayed to watch Happy Feet 2 and have had a bath since I got in. I have a day off tomorrow if any of my bits will move - feet, ankles, knees, hip, elbows and shoulder all stiff and some pain but the bath helped.

Today I am grateful for all the things that I can still do, however slowly and cautiously, for an excellent tea and for getting some 'clutter' from my house and back into use, elsewhere.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Lovely sunny day today. got washing virtually dry on the line & it's now finishing off on the creel. Took the opportunity to - yes - get back out into the garden. Although I have realised that I am an enthusiastic but clumsy gardener and that's not a happy combo.....managed to chop not one, but two clematis which were already budding. You'd think I couldn't make the same mistake again within 5 minutes but I did. Heyho, lets just hope that they are the type that need heavy pruning early in the season :rotfl: Actually I thought I should probably apply the dressmaking maxim 'Measure twice, Cut once'

· For the striders: 16/18 NSDs

· Set your budgets before the challenge starts - am mindful of this & sure we are doing better. Was a fine day but did no photography. My bad.

· Be generous ; will do

· Note down Lots of receipts in file waiting to be sorted. Still waiting.

· As ever, will do

· Pay towards your debt first! Do not have debt now but have been there before so am very wary. Do have a CC paid off in full every month. PAD of £49.87 to cc

· Plan. Will make list of places to go - need to have it in reserve for impromptu trips out. Still A WIP, but found another to add to the list. DH suggested another day out. list growing, another couple of ideas today. DH consulted - has ideas apparently..Want to make plans to go to Ireland, first need to sort out car but will get on with that tomorrow. Car must need new battery as after being charged for 45 mins, it was dead as a dodo, Needs new battery & tyre as it has a slow puncture...boo.

Check in every day. Almost!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Morning all,
    Still getting used to this new machine, remembered to set up notifications and subscriptions so I don't lose the threads!

Weekend was a bit mad volunteered with a couple of local events, glad thats done. Its nice to talk to people in person, they always say different things. But as a result two more NSD.

I don't really have anything exciting planned, other than the gym. Lots of things I'd like to do if money falls from a plane...;) Kids'll just have to enjoy a wander to the library.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all :)

not a NSD today as I have bought a new sofa (new to me) it is 100x nicer than ours which was cheap to begin with & is now 15 years old & very uncomfortable.

Budgets now- 20 spends (but only til Thur) £1000 emergency fund & 760 Paris fund.

I need to get on to Tax Free Childcare because, suprise surprise, they haven't made the payment to the nursery. 12 months now Ive been having isssues.

lovely day today, might take the boys to the park this morning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure