Onwards and the debt goes downwards!

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,719 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hello Stranger, how the devil are you?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Things are good L - thank you - I have started a new chapter in my life - as you saw in my diary :j however I have already started hitting the Credit again, although I swore not to ever do that gain after clearing my debts, by selling my Flat. :o

I had a read through your new diary, you must be very proud of your kids now they are growing up and flying the nest and I see the business you and your OH had just started when I left, is going well -congratulations! Sorry to hear about your mum though x

I love reading your diary - do you remember the cakes that you used to make in the early days before you went back to work, and we all used to pop around for tea in MSE land? and you were much braver than me and gave up on the GG's. I am so glad that managed to clear your huge debt in the end too! I hope that life is better for you too now!

must get back to work now - speak again soon TC x
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • lucielle
    I don't really bake now. I find it really difficult to cook just for 2/3 of us and think what's the point. Also going shopping and getting a small trolley and only 4 pints of milk instead of 16. Still the food bill is less.

Just had a night away at the Fringe. It should really have been me and the girls as it was the youngest DDs birthday present from the older one and they were kindly letting me tag along.

So all that changed as the younger one boogered off to NZ and the other one got a job. So it was OH, DS2 and me who went. Got the train stayed in a Travelodge and it was good. Saw a brilliant contortionist and comedian. The other stuff we saw was ok and the best thing was it was all donations.

Had a lazy start to the day and didn't get up till 12. Just taken the pooches for a walk, had a crappy lunch of pizza and garlic bread, prepped the veg for tomorrow and made lunches for the rest of the week.
    Have put some more spending on the credit card, sigh! Will try to clear it before the end of September.

Also hopefully sold DD2s car for her.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Glad you had a great night out, it is good to have a break now and again :-) and good luck with selling the car TC
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • lucielle
    Well I've had a sh1tty start to the day. Hit a collie dog on the way into work. He came from nowhere and neither of us stood a chance. I think he'll mend. I did call into my vets to see if they had him but he must be at the other practice.

My wash wipe tank on the car is leaking hopefully that's the only damage and our chap who works for us will be able to repair it.

It is wine o' clock
    L
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sorry to hear that.
    As you say the poor dog came from nowhere.
    Dont beat yourself up too much.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    Thought I'd put a more positive post on today. As a family we had a really great day yesterday. Packed the car up to go up the valley for a BBQ. DS1 phoned and invited himself along without the gf. She's lovely but nice to have him to myself for once. The picnic spot I wanted was empty, so the mutts could run free.

The food was actually edible and not charcoal OH actually did what the instructions told him to do. Played rounders which was hilarious as the dogs tried to help, though useful when the ball went in the river.

All in all just a lovely day, did miss DD2 as she would've loved it and judging by the comments shes made on the instagram photos she was possibly missing us a bit. DD1 left a bit later to go back to work.

Slight moan the kettle has broke, so I'm off to get a new one
    L
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you had a lovely day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sound like you had a lovely day out with the family lucielle. It is days like that, that we remember- good to make the most of the weather before it changes :-)
  • lucielle
    DD1 is not enjoying her job at the moment. The other week she worked 72 hours! They have told her she hasn't got anymore holidays left until next year. She started in July but had 3 weeks unpaid leave in August which they knew about when they employed her. Then 2 days off the other week which they told her to take as holiday. Not sure what she should do, all she does is eat, sleep and work. She doesn't get chance to meet other people, she's only 21. Advise appreciated.

DS2 turned 20, he's had a great time with his siblings and they made a mess of him.

I've changed my car so 4000 onto the credit card will update the totals when the statements come in.

Been away to a few freebie events, had a great caricature done at one, there was also a magician and a comedian so that was a good night away.

DD1 looked after the dogs for us and boy have they come back absolutely stinking. They've been bathed but you can certainly tell where they are even if you can't see them.

My kitchen has been done and I'm in the slow process of moving back in. OH is driving me mad wanting to put all the white goods and table in but there's no point until its been painted. Have to wait a couple of weeks until the plaster is dry. I think we've done a couple of favours for someone and they'll tile it for free or very little in the way of money. Result

Going away at the end of this week, a late wedding anniversary getaway. However we're going to look at a couple of properties on Skye to see if we can maybe buy another house.
    L
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport