We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Onwards and the debt goes downwards!

1…324325327329330

Comments

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    I have no idea either apart from maybe something to do with holes in grass?!

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    A scarifier pulls the moss out and gives the grass a chance to grow. An areator (Beanie I think that’s what you meant) literally puts holes in the lawn which helps with drainage and compaction. You can use a garden fork for this. Just stab it in a couple on inches. Our lawn is too big to do that.
    Well it’s blowing an absolute hoolie out there. My sweet peas have blown over. No point putting them back up until it drops.

    Another cupboard sorted out but not much thrown away. Started to pack for holibobs. I’ve also just lit the stove.
    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Alloy due back tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed! Booked eye tests for both of us for when we come back.
    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Still not sleeping very well and woke up with a headache behind my eyes. I should’ve taken something at 4 when I felt it coming on. Told work I’d be starting a bit later.
    Put all the building stuff away last night and potted on a couple of cuttings that had grown roots and taken a couple more to fester in water whilst we’re away. The fridge is officially empty apart from some wine. Got some curry defrosting for tonight’s tea and I’ll hopefully remember the onion barhgis.
    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    The car Gods are on my side! Alloy has been delivered to garage. DD1s car is in the garage and it was looking like they’d have to grind the wheel nuts off as OH lost the locking nut which was going to cost £200. The garage has found a locking nut that fits so it’s £24 which I’ve already paid to her.
    Tyre is going to be left out for OH to collect

    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • peb
    peb Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Hurrah

    Hoping you are sleeping better

  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Apparently the tyre has been put on the wrong way round. Who knew? I mean it doesn’t have a label or anything. Sigh! I’ll see if it can be sorted tomorrow.
    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,417 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    What a lot of palavers. Admittedly I'm not a car person but how a tyre can be put on the wrong way round has shut my brain down 😂

    You are doing excellent achieving and persevering work all round 🥂

  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I managed to get the tyre sorted yesterday. Left home at 3.30 this morning and currently at DD1s. My phone has been a bit of a pain and wouldn’t charge over night. I thought here we go new phones as both of ours are out of contract. Called into Vodafone and the chap had a look at mine and thought that something off the charger had got stuck in it but was loath to fiddle about and recommended a shop further up the high street. We called in and the chap said no problem give him half an hour. OH left his to have the charging port cleaned as his is always a bit iffy. OH had his head polished in the barbers and I found a lovely ships decanter that will be part of the props for OHs party. Haggled it down to 20 quid from 25 then had to carry the ruddy thing round being careful not to bash it as the seller put it in a paper bag!
    Returned to the repair shop and for 2 phones and a new charger, 15 quid!!! I was expecting to pay £50 and would’ve been chuffed at that. As worse case scenario was new phones. What a billy bob bargain!!! Also picked up the new Granny Gruffalo book for GD1s Christmas present

    We’ve had a nanna nap and I’m waiting to go for my sports massage. It’s going to hurt but be soooo gooood!

    Another early start tomorrow as our flight is at 6am. Yawn

    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Great price for working phones!

    Hope flight goes smoothly

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.