We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Onwards and the debt goes downwards!

1…324325326328330

Comments

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Hope flight goes smoothly. ✈️

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 4,805 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Enjoy your trip

  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    IMG_9631.jpeg

    We made it! 2 days of 3 am starts is a killer though

    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Enjoy 🥂 🌞

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 4,805 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    have a wonderful time!

  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    We are home having spent a fortune at Costco and Lidl. Apart from veg and dairy we should be ok till at least this time next month if not longer.
    Bulgaria was a welcome break but not somewhere we’d rush back to.
    2 loads of washing being processed 1 in the tumble dryer and 1 still sloshing around in the machine. Slight spanner in the works as the boiler has decided not to produce any hot water. It’s at the correct pressure and there is oil (phew as it’s recently been filled and worried the tank may have failed). Immersion is on and I’ll phone the plumbers on Monday.
    Well as you know if you follow this diary that I’ve had issues with my feet and ankles. Losing the second job has helped in the hoof department (not the money one though) but they have been sore. However on holiday I had a full deep body massage including the trotters. I was a bit anxious in case it made them worse. I can confirm it made a massive difference and to wake up with little to no pain in them was a revelation. So I did book another foot reflexology treatment before we came home and I’m still virtually pain free. I need to find someone on the island who can do this and factor the cost in. I’d still like an mri to find out what is buggering them up but this keeps me mobile.
    Whilst on holibobs we celebrated 34 years of marriage

    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Happy anniversary 🥂 Hope you made the traditional 'you'd do less time in prison for murder!' joke 😁

    Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your break. Hope the plumber is prompt and effective.

    Thats great you found something to ease your aching feet and ankles, definitely nag about the mri

  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    So past me thought it was a brilliant idea to purchase 250+ bulbs. Present me desperately wants to throttle past me’s throat. Guess what I’ve been doing today? Got 100 planted and just slightly anxious I’m running out of room

    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Planted some more bulbs but gave up as it was a bit midgey. OH moved blocks and set things up for tonight to try and get the last 2 rows done before it goes dark and he’s finished work. Borrowing a wacker plate off a friend, we’ll collect that on Friday. Need to collect the pickup on Friday that’s been repaired and then take the stuff it’s loaded with to the recycling, look at paving (but not buy) to try and work out the size, colour and prices. Need some mutt food as well

    Tomorrow I’m meeting a friend for coffee, that’ll be good.
    L

    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Hadn't heard of a wacker plate before but have looked it up and that looks very satisfying, if tiring

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.