PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    If anyone sees a short, tubby, messy-haired shrink-wrapped seal in their local swimming baths....it's me...:(

That could also be me.. except it won't be.. I have issues and can't be in a big bowl of filthy water with strangers and old mens wrinkly balls and dribbly washers and fatties sluicing under their pits and tyres... and snot and sticky plasters and pee.. I wouldn't get in the bath with them and a pool is literally a big bath.. there is no amount of chlorine that can purify some of the people here!

This is one of my biggest issues.. the thought traumatises me!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Good Morning friends :)

DS decided to pop in to see me three times in the night :o so I am decidedly sleepy today. The plans for the day include a visit to my grandma, washing our bedding, wearing the kids out at the park then collecting DH later. Also need to get some milk and crisps. And apple juice.

Also need to start DH VAT, deep joy!

Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Flying so far today has been cleaning up after the dogs but I did get a lie in.

Need to help DH with his review today and we are going out for a meal. Dog walks, change bedding and anything else I feel like doing.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2018 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Ground floor vacuumed again including the airlock this time. Two loads of dry laundry sorted, folded and put away, weather forecast checked and a load of dog stuff needs to go through the WM today.

Is there anything anyone would particularly like put on the listy for next week? PM me if you don't want other people to see your evil but necessary ideas. My office window needs cleaning, so that'll appear at one point.

Narco
    , I'd packaged some cards up for you but another load arrived that I think will be rather nicer, so if you don't mind there will be a bit of a delay until I make the next lot. I promise you'll have them by November!
    Better is good enough.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ironing done
    Bathroom & 2 bedroom ceilings demoulded
    Walk-in wardrobe emptied and demoulded
    Most of the contents are dh!!!8217;s, he had to throw 2 mouldy coats.
    I have had to throw a beautiful monsoon dress that I had for our 1st anniversary dinner back at our wedding venue in 2008 :(
    We have a bin bag of other clothes to go.

Popped to Mr Ms for some bits.
    Entertained DS2

Had lovely soup for lunch

Off now to refill wardrobe
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Laundry hokey-cokey completed and it's now all in. But soggy. Hob, microwave, sink and kitchen floor all swabbed, ground floor vacuummed and that's enough for one day.
    I'd better not mention getting all the bedlinen dry outside yesterday - or the towels & hankies merrily drying in the sunshine today, then. :D
    ETA do any flyfriends drink earl grey tea? I have found a box of twinings earl grey and we will not drink it. Happy to post to anyone who would like it :)
    We drink Earl Grey by the gallon! It's one of our favourite teas. :D

Which reminds me - does anyone use, or have a relative who uses, hearing aids that take size 312 batteries (they come in a brownish coloured packet, 6 in a pack, for ease of identifying).
    Only I now have rechargeable hearing aids, and I have some unused 312 batteries if anyone can make use; also some of the little red filters, which won't fit my new aids.

I'll post this, then pop into my user stuff and enable my PM box again (I had disabled it after receiving an extremely nasty PM from someone).
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,052 Forumite
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    does anyone use, or have a relative who uses, hearing aids that take size 312 batteries (they come in a brownish coloured packet, 6 in a pack, for ease of identifying).

My mother and OH's mother both use them..

I am fit to strangle a whining Squeak (who is now sat sobbing in the hallway because I won't let her hit Pixie.. and of course the obligatory chuntering about the injustice of not being allowed to bully or take things off her sister.. I am such an evil parent you know!) and a screeching Dot.. they have not shut up doing the above all day.. I really have had enough of it... roll on the warmer days with dry grass so they can go buzz off and play outside.. Twinkle is napping supposedly.. I can't hear her but she did wake up as I put her in the cot.

Everyone fed lunch and other than that I have been knitting.. DD1 found some yellow wool in my stash she likes so requested a cardy.. I will maybe run up a hat and boots to match just to get rid of as much as possible.. I am trying to destaash some wool so this is a good way I think.

nope.. in a brief interlude in Squeaks squawking I can hear Pixie wailing.. I sent DS3 up for her.

I'm going back to my knitting.

Oh.. the other thing.. I want to get a silver cross and chain for the girls.. just a small one.. I've checked all the high street places.. any idea where might have one that doesn't look like a 3 year old made it with playdough?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've PM'd you Piggers
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did not have to go swimming :j

Tiny was so appallingly behaved that DH cancelled our outing! Huge tears from the boys (Small was somewhat mollified by DH asking him to help buy chicken corn, without snivelling Tiny in tow)

Life is unfair, we hate him, he will pay attention and listen, he will jump out of the bedroom window (:eek:), he's sorry, he's angry, we have to apologise....yada yada yada... Currently conked out on the sofa dressed as Godzilla.

Have spent an hour in our bedroom, sorting, folding, tidying and clearing the pit. Looks lovely now. Need to dust and hoover, then start getting ready to decorate as we have new bedroom furniture due next month. Got some beautiful wallpaper with apple blossom and birds on it. Even DH likes it :T

Kitchen looks all sparky too and smells of oranges. I'm proud of my efforts today :D
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2018 at 5:49PM
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I'd better not mention getting all the bedlinen dry outside yesterday - or the towels & hankies merrily drying in the sunshine today, then. :D

Glad you didn't gloat then!

Another load run through the WM but not pegged at as depsite the forecast for a bright day, it's drizzled All Day. And the WM flooded the floor, so I've now got an additional three soggy towels.

I defo need to join the slinkies. I always thought of myself as slim, but since I gave up smoking in 2006 I've been carrying an extra stone about. We were out on Friday evening and I saw myself in a mirror - I'm definitely stocky. That stone is going to go as fast as I can get rid of it and I'll think about what happens after that when it'ss gone.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport