PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) to all in need, especially YL, Mumof2, LW, Dizzy and atb. Sorry if I've missed anyone out. I am still struggling to finish my essay, long after I had hoped to have submitted it, and my brain is exhausted :( I consider you all my friends and don't know where I'd be at times like this without the knowledge that you are there.

At the rate you are going, pigpen, you will have sorted all the rooms by the end of next week!
    I do nearly all the cooking and then find out that DS1 is not coming home, DS2 is not hungry and DH doesnt want what I have made.
    Could you just freeze the portions that don't get eaten, individually? - then you would have a stock of ready meals for DH to choose from when he's being picky or for DS2 when he decides he's hungry after all. I use my SC when I want to cook double portions and freeze the leftovers for DH to eat on my college night. (Mumof2's experience with the stew has not put me off!)

Back to work...
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 February 2018 at 8:59PM
    Options
    No idea, but DS1 is supposed to be having tests to look at the possiblility of increasing the strength of his infused medication, but he wont go for the tests and I dont understand why. If he gets his medication increased he might feel better but he is an adult and I cant make him!

Aren't they silly? We spend all these years looking after them and keeping them safe then they throw it all away for some unknown reason!!
    ionafan wrote: »
    At the rate you are going, pigpen, you will have sorted all the rooms by the end of next week!

Oh I wish!!

I dragged all the stuff into the middle of the room and if the minions dont put it away I bin it.. we are very very cluttered but I have stuff going out the door slowly..

I can't do upstairs without someone here to watch small so nothing gets done up there.. she makes mess 3 times faster than I can clear it! She is a menace!!

Tomorrow I want to vacuum the stairs and maybe look at shifting some stuff out of the unoccupied bedroom.

Just putting grots to bed and we are heading to Tesc0 for foods before the cats revolt and we turn into jacket potatoes!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Options
    Can't quite keep up this week as the laptop is at laptop hospital. Not much flying going on today but will do some tomorrow. The house has The Grot.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

Lots of supportive vibes coming to lovely flyladies. X
    ATB - glad it sounds like you are finally on the mend.

Am hoping to buck my ideas up tomorrow.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One.

More.

Day...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Could you just freeze the portions that don't get eaten, individually? - then you would have a stock of ready meals for DH to choose from when he's being picky or for DS2 when he decides he's hungry after all....
    Good thinking Iona. I nearly always cook at least double and freeze a couple of portions. When I do a 'mince' dish like chilli, bolog, plain mince (DH) or meat casserole it's usually nearer to six/eight portions frozen.

You can then cook a meal with fresh pots and steam some veggies for yourself or anyone that does want to eat the same/at the same time, and freeze portions left over.

With packets of frozen rice/chips/croquettes etc or pasta, and micro veggies they can pick and choose as they wish if they want something different to the day's offerings.

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Twenty minutes exercise
    Hoovered all through
    Kitchen and bathroom floor washed
    Kitchen all WUDUPA, bunkers wiped down and morning oats made

H2H. Sorted through eight years of calendars for any personal info and put in recycle.

Magnificent Monday ~ Master Bedroom
    Remove and wash bed linen
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen..

Twinkling Tuesday - Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    DONE

Whitening Wednesday ~ Kitchen and Dining Room
    DONE

Thundering Thursday- Living Room and Hall
    DONE

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons all round as needed
    Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • pigpen
    Options
    Tesc0 done.. and all away nicely, Twinkle in bed and her meddling cohorts. Felines filled and scaly beast too.

I have won £20 in the Quidco valentines pize draw thing.. pellies for chrimbo!!! I NEVER win anything.. nothing at all.. and I won't believe I have it until I have it but it is shown as tracked.. :D Let's hope they pay up!

Cuppa time I think.. and I may see how my peach yoghurts go down.. I am fed up of no snackages so we shall see how these fair.
  • pigpen
    Options
    yoggit was clarty.. and clacky.. but edible... let's see how my innards feel about it.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning friends,

Eye much better again today :T hurrah for that.

DW has been unloaded, I am about to put the doormat in to wash as we are forecast a lovely day - hurrah again :T

Beds are made and have an easy tea planned tonight as well as a nice pamper session :D face mask hair mask bath etc - its been a long time since I have done anything like that.

Out almost all day today so minimal flying. Have fab days all xxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Morning all

Lovely sunny crisp morning here! Emptied and washed kitchen bin, tidied downstairs, Shuffled washing around, made a shopping list.

Windows are filthy, might tackle those in a bit. Utility floor covered in mud as usual but its mostly comes off DS and he cant help it, he does take his work trousers off in there.

DS1 has gone off to work, DH and DS2 in bed, hoping that DH is going to get up and go to work at some point. Few things to do in town later.

Off to sort clean laundry and might do some exercise at home rather than driving to the gym.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure