PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello ladies...
    another crazy week at work but it's FINALLY half term.

Going to do some flapping but I am not cleaning.

Just reboiled last weeks too-runny marmalade and have more oranges simmering now for marmalade with shreds.

Mushroom curry for lunch with 1p (yes 1p) mushrooms! Chestnut, too. From chavda.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Struggling here..
    Done the basics daily, a couple of purges done with DS's help
    My body is now totally grumpy and on strike..
    Meant to be working today, not a chance.. :(
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Round.. Well DD2's is called Tom.. ;) ... I can send her on a spy mission for you if you want ;)

DS is Sam :D His is called Amy. They will be eating at Prezzo's (?) - well that's what it sounds like :D

Gold medal, bronze medal and nasty fall all adequately viewed chez Roundtuit this morning. WM x 2 unloaded and draped on radiators and airer in between heats.

Updated diary with the two weeks budgie-duty I've agreed to do while friends are on a cruise in April. It's an aviary so I'll do it after work each evening.

I ought to do something more - but cba just now. Think I'll declutter a coffee and a magazine. the caffeine might wake me up a little - zzzzzzzzz

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    Options
    it looks nice in there round.. I'd go undercover but OH is working until 9 ..

DD1 having a rage clean of my kitchen... so I left her to it.

Parcels posted.. Dot specs collected.. and had prayer said for her to be granted a unicorn and for us.. lol.. random churchy wanderers giving away lollies! the things we endure for a lollipop!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Options
    *Healing vibes* for LW, Jojo and Jazee's DH and posivibes for Tuesday. Sorry to have missed you Jojo, but it sounds as though just staying upright was about all you could have managed. Happy hols Ionafan.

Laundry hokey-cokey completed and it's now all in. But soggy. Hob, microwave, sink and kitchen floor all swabbed, ground floor vacuummed and that's enough for one day.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Work done
    Having Christmas pudding tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,weight loss this week may be a problem!!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2018 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Evening all :)

The babes have been chased away to bed, and I have just finished collating a bin bag full of recycling from the kitchen (which includes lots of old colouring books). Rock n roll Saturday night here :D

Now slurping a cuppa watching pirates of the Caribbean waiting for the WM to end, which will go on the heated airer overnight. Sold one thing on eBay but also bought two oops :o

Jo Malone burning now and a good cuppa :) whats not to like have lovely evenings all x

ETA do any flyfriends drink earl grey tea? I have found a box of twinings earl grey and we will not drink it. Happy to post to anyone who would like it :)
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lots and lots done today

OH and the boys (under duress) have helped sort kitchen and sitting room a lot. 16 boxes unpacked. Crazy now we have been here 3 years but got to it. Loads of stuff flung.

Got a pile of stuff on my bed to sort inc the suit returns from the catalogue. Need to empty the bins again. Going to have to take some stuff to work to burn I would think. We are getting closer to being able to bring the replacement sofas in (were OHs grandmas) move the other furniture round etc

OH birthday tomorrow think he has a wedding fayre in mind so will not get a lot done but I am pleased with the progress

Think I will declutter myself into the showe too and get that bed stuff sorted
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Finally worked out that my refusal to go and [strike] exterminate [/strike] see grandma was genuinely for her benefit.

Survived the wilds of the town centre alone. By finding a 15th century pub up a cobbled back lane, then after finding out he'd booked a quite nice if 25 years out of date hotel room, took him to dinner in a nice seafood restaurant rather than a chipshop or pub and then walked back along the harbour under all the fairy lights. We missed the undesirables by leaving just before they were coming back out, I think (there were lots outside almost all of the shops I went past earlier).

He is snoring his head off now. Must be the sea air.

I'm planning on an early morning rock pooling /beachcombing session. He is coming too. Even though he doesn't know it.

And now I'm going to have a silly long, wasteful, lovely hot shower.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It is nearly the end of half term.

Thank all the gods.

Swimming tomorrow :eek: I'm going to try and convince DH that my swimming cozzie has been eaten by mice, moths or disintegrated due to latex-rot, but this plot may not work.

If anyone sees a short, tubby, messy-haired shrink-wrapped seal in their local swimming baths....it's me...:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure