PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ugh, horrid nights sleep - woke at 1am crippled with anxiety and bad thoughts - still awake at 3 so got my quilt and pillow and slept on the sofa with Whiz Whippet to keep myself safe. J is away and will be back later today. The result of this is I have stopped looking for a part loan horse; going to have a break away from it all and see how I feel. Still feel twitchy but more peaceful now I have made my decision but need to try to keep busy. Deleted horse groups etc from Facebook so I can't see what is around. Must make sure I don't plough weight back on though as eating like a horse lol!

Flying wise, hung up wet washing and slung another load in and that's about it. Unloaded the DW. Just about to go to the vet to get Whiz's wormers and think I'll pick myself up a nice pasty and then after that take Whiz for a walk. Will fly when I get back .... yeah, I know I've said that every day this week but I honestly will try.

MH issues suck big time; hate getting like this and normally takes a while for me to stabilise again.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Front room emptied of rubbish and laundry and all the toys picked p and gathered the remaining christmas bits into a bag to be put away.
    Middle room emptied of rubbish and laundry and coats and outdorr accessories and all the toys put away. I even sorted through my pile of paperwork and binned a mountain of them. I still nee to tidy my knitty things but it is looking much straighter.
    Backroom cleared of toys and rubbish and laundry, but I do still need to sort the folded laundry from one of the chairs and rebuild a car seat ready to sell.

Kitchen is full of clean laundry ready to fold.. but I need food, and we have nothing worth eating and I am ravenous. I guess it will have to be toast.

I have vacuumed the downstairs to within an inch of its life .. and I even did under the stairs AND put the cat box and bag of beach toys away.. AF must be due in the next day or two.. I am NEVER this domesticated!

I called the loan company and yelled.. they are sending me snotty emails saying I haven't made my monthly payment when I have in fact paid my monthly payment and £75 off the arrears... I was polite as it is not hte fault of the customer service persons, but I made it clear I was not happy about it.

I then called the mortgage company.. my payments have increased by £20 a month and I am struggling enough as it is so while I did not complete the transfer of equity and have CF removed from the mortgage I am seeing if I can change mortgage product and hopefully reduce the mortgage payments to a more affordable amount.. the best one they have on offer is £91 a month less than they currently want .. but £25 a week in my pocket it better than putting it in theirs!

I
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes natty
    Hugs to all who need them
    I'm off list this week as it's half term and dh is off with me.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Mumof2_2
    Options
    Had a walk and avoided the rain so happy about that as is Whiz Whippet! Got some paid stuff to do then I think will have a doze on the sofa as soooo tired.

Pigpen I always used to find I'd be super domesticated just before AF arrived. Had an ablation (womb lining lazered away due to heavy bleeding) 18 months ago and not been the same since!!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. Eye significantly better today, gave up on drops etc and just cleaned it with cooled boiled water. Also bought a wheat bag eye mask which is utterly amazing and should be on everyones must have list, so relaxing and healing.

Kiddies break up tomorrow and boy are they ready for it. DS currently wailing IM NOT TIRED at the top of his voice - hmmm I beg to differ! DH away for three days - he asked if I was going to miss him and I said truth be told no, one less person to look after!

line dried some towels and DH work stuff today :T bleached the loos and plugholes, and sorted the rubbish and recycling out. Easy dinner for kids of fish fingers, chips and sweetcorn.

Piggers - hope you get all the financial stuff sorted ASAP xx
    YL - have a huge huge hug from me. As Kaz says you mean an awful lot to all of us, I would be lost with my fly friends, in a world that seems utterly bonkers and hard work an awful lot of the time you guys keep me sane xx

Off to put the oven on xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Didn't get on here yesterday; we went to the cinema in the afternoon, and that was me wiped out for the day (I hate, hate, hate lupus flares).

Anyways, healing and posivibes all round; there seem to be many here who need them right now. :grouphug: Here you go - dodgy hug for all concerned - it's virtual, so no-one will get anyone else's lurgy. ;)

Plumber has finally been and changed leaky tap; I am now shaking like the proverbial leaf, just from having a workman in the house (even though I stayed in the lounge with the door shut, and Mr LW dealt with him.) Mumof2 you are so right, MH issues are the absolute pits.

I think I shall just give up for today (apart from doing veggie sausages and roast roots for dins) and hopefully tomorrow will be better. I want to get ahead with the "weekend" tasks, as Benji the Yorkie will be here at sparrowfart on Saturday, and I'd like very much to devote the day to him.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Thanks Kaz, the trouble is that if the house is a mess it makes me really anxious (suffer a bit with MH problems anyway). DH says I do too much housework and I need to "chill" about it. He would happily live in a tip - I think that if I went on strike he wouldnt even notice. I am actually prepared to do most of the cleaning if he helped a bit but at the moment I am working more hours than him and doing 99% of the housework - and this is the crux of it.

However, the one thing that is going to change here is mealtimes. I do nearly all the cooking and then find out that DS1 is not coming home, DS2 is not hungry and DH doesnt want what I have made.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Have had a lovely few hours out with DS2, wandering around the shops, bought practical things like socks and tights and even then spent too much! Sitting down with a brew now, bliss.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    More laundry shuffled and the cosy blankets for the sofa taken somewhere by small children..

OH finished work at 4 but not yet home for some reason.. a long 10 minute drive clearly..

I have told the girls off for messing up the front room and ruining special things they know they should not touch. Twinkle had a nap, DS3 went to his eye screening appointment.. he refused to go to his diabetes one yesterday.. what can you do?!

More folding to be done and lots of putting away to follow.. and I need to feed the grots and load the DW..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    [QUOTE=pigpen;73887135he_refused_to_go_to_his_diabetes_one_yesterday.._what_can_you_do?!_[/QUOTE]

No idea, but DS1 is supposed to be having tests to look at the possiblility of increasing the strength of his infused medication, but he wont go for the tests and I dont understand why. If he gets his medication increased he might feel better but he is an adult and I cant make him!
  • Mumof2_2
    Options
    Oh my word, I thought there was something funny in the kitchen - couldn't find it anywhere but when I looked in the SC I found dear J had made some stew and not done anything with it. So I took the lid off the SC and bleugh it was horrid!! Sorted it out now thankfully.

YL you're not ranting, you have every right to be annoyed if you've gone to all the trouble to make food and no-one wants it. I'm increasingly getting that too and it winds me right up!

LameWolf boo to lupus - can't imagine how debilitating it must be for you. Sorry you found the workman's visit hard too honey, sending a gentle hug. Took Whiz out for a walk today and he's off to the Arboretum tomorrow so will be full on whippet zoomies!!

ATB glad your eye is slowly but surely improving. Our kids go back to school on Monday; funny how kids in different parts of the country are off at different times isn't it.

Off to make a pot of tea - don't think it'll be too long till J and S are back from Bude and my peaceful time will come to an abrupt end!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport