PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Beautiful day here, first load out on the line. Tidying going on, The Grot will be tackled this morning.
    Better is good enough.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    YL - I must confess I pay our window cleaner to do the inside of our windows every other month :o our windows are huge and cleaning them is a job I loathe. He charges a tenner.

Dog walked, off out now to run some errands x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Finally Friday- those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!![/STRIKE]
    Spend at least half an hour doing something for yourself!!!!! paint your nails, make an appointment to have your hair done, a lovely soak in the bath.. whatever you feel like!! I'm having my nails done this morning as usual
    Strip beds, turn and vacuum mattresses!! and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets & pillows need freshening up too!!
    Level Three...
    Rummage ALL the junk from one shelf and sort through it..
    [STRIKE]Sort through a toybox chuck out all the things they don't need any more.. charity or freecycle or whatever.[/STRIKE]
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors

Extra Task List
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
    • End of week fling!! grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Half an hour in the garden clearing the mess and making it nice for spring to arrive.. the sooner your garden is nice the sooner it arrives! Honest!
    Out most of the day.
    WM x 2.
    DW x 1.
    Swished kitchen - mopped the floor.
    Mopped the floor in loo room.

“You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I finally finished my essay and submitted it at 3.00 pm.
    So tomorrow we will fly! But not sort of flying that usually happens here ;)

I took Rosie to kennels this morning so haven't been for a walk today.
    I have also
    - done WMx2
    - decluttered my old nail varnish and my friend gave me a manicure :) (just clear varnish this time)
    - delegated 2 phonecalls to DH (who has spent the day painting wargaming figures)
    - vacuumed out the crumbs from the b*mbag that I usually use for Rosie's treats
    - bought the latest genealogical novels to read on my K!nd1e (no college books for a week!)

Still to do:
    - cook tea
    - sew a button on a pair of trousers
    - WMx2 and TDx3
    - hang socks on bathroom radiator
    - S&S kitchen when DH has finished making SW overnight oats for tomorrow's breakfast (up with the lark!)
    - S&S ensuite and workmens' loo, bleach as necessary
    - pack
    - go to bed as early as possible :D
    - S&S bathroom when we've showered
    ...and r - e - l - a - x :D

I might be able to keep up with the Flynews while we're away - depends on the wifi :P

Have a good week, everyone. GWS vibes to anyone who's under the weather xx
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2018 at 8:28PM
    Options
    Well my jack-in-the-box daughter is home.. again.. I think she has her braces stuck in the train!! lol.

12lb total lost of my lard.. that is half a Twinkle! .. or 1/4 of a Dot or Pixie..

£1100 cash in my favour.. another £1025 needed.. then £850.. then as much as possible.. I will get christmas paid off.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all. Well done on getting the essay done Ionafan, and enjoy your week.

Hugs to any flyladies who need them, I've not had a chance to read back.

A busy week here with finishing off some paid stuff; I'm now on 'gardening leave' till the end of the month. Took the whole of today to do just one job application, it was so indepth.

So, no flying has been done here this week. DH is unwell again so that is a worry. I have a long list of things to try to achieve this weekend.

See you all tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well today didn't go as planned; I barely had enough energy to crawl as far as the loo, let alone anything else.:(
    I absolutely have to at least be able to bluff that I'm ok tomorrow; we're ON for Benji :T I had a text from his Mum to confirm he'll be here in the morning (assuring me the double glazing men aren't letting her down again).

Mumof2 I hope Whiz enjoyed the whippet zoomies - sounds like fun!

Jazee sorry to hear your DH is poorly again. These men sure know how to worry us, don't they?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I distinctly remember saying I had the flu. I didn't imagine it anymore than I imagined being confined to hotel barracks as a result of it.

Why have I been dragged out to dinner with his dad on VALENTINES then lunch with his dad and then dinner with his dad and not allowed to do anything else in case it made it too late to meet up with his dad?

And more to the point, why in blazes has it not occurred to either Himself or his mother that possibly THE MOST STUPID THING IN THE WORLD is to insist on my getting up at stupid o'clock to travel on three buses to visit his senile grandmother WHEN I HAVE THE Flu?

So I have to go along and then wander around shops in a strange town recently in the news for drugs, the homeless and aggressive beggars, by myself, and then wait for him all whilst I have the flu.

Oh, and if he decides to book a cheap B&B for the night, I have to hang around there until catching 3 buses back on a Sunday to wait around for a Sunday evening train. To maybe get home after midnight, ready for work in the morning. And he gets to sleep in.

Please, next time I sound happy about a holiday, just remind me of the romantic valentines spent with his dad watching football in a generic pub and the day I was in the wrong for refusing to kill Grandma.

And if his mother mentions the wedding he can't be arsed to organise one more time - she's said more about than he has done.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2018 at 1:03AM
    Options
    Jojo.... deep breath... and slap him in the chops.. Men are stoopid, we know this.. they think in a straight line and with the attention span of a banana peel.. But what is it you DO like about him? There must be something. There must be a reason you said yes to the proposal. Focus on those things it sounds like you have a great many things on common. And, learn to say no to things you know are silly.. like visits to family when you are ill or it is Valentines haha..

I have a mental thought frenzy going on... I raised my voice at OHs mother on Tuesday, one sentence, not a tirade of abuse.. I didn't apologise because I realised I wasn't sorry, she should have been sorry.. she was indiscrete and gossiped about me. I should not have been put in that position and simply because someone is older is not a licence to be disrespectful of anothers persons privacy.. I tell nothing to anyone unless it is absolutely vital.

2x WM done.
    DW run
    dry stuff folded and away.

I really need to get these bedrooms reshuffled.. but I need someone to come and help me, I can't do this by myself it is a massive, mammoth, evil task.. it will be better but I can't face it on my own. why are there not people you can have come help with stuff like this?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Sending gws vibes for all the poorlies esp LW, Jojo and Jazee's DH

Well done Iona with the essay and hope you enjoy your trip away

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Twenty minutes exercise
    WM x 2 and TD x 2
    Bed stripped, mattress hoovered, turned, hoovered and remade
    Kitchen all WUDUPA, bunkers wiped down and morning oats made

We've booked a week away in Valencia for the beginning of March

H2H. Two files of paperwork sorted and emptied for shredding.

Magnificent Monday ~ Master Bedroom
    DONE

Twinkling Tuesday - Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    DONE

Whitening Wednesday ~ Kitchen and Dining Room
    DONE

Thundering Thursday- Living Room and Hall
    DONE

Finally Friday- those frightening spare rooms
    Spend at least half an hour doing something for yourself!!!!! paint your nails, make an appointment to have your hair done, a lovely soak in the bath.. whatever you feel like!! I'm having my nails done this morning as usual

Hugs, sticks and spoons for all needing some
    Hope you all have a lovely Saturday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories