Spousal maintenance

Options

Comments

• seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seanymph wrote: »
    seashore I think you were quoted because thorsoak was agreeing with your sentiment.

That's how I read it anyway

Maybe, but I was the one who mentioned empathy, not the op.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    This is so obviously a windup and it's really not worth the effort. A bit of subtlety might have helped.
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    Mr.Grey wrote: »
    I have to admit to being unfaithful on a few occasions, I guess she had enough in the end. I am now with the lady I was seeing, although I don't want her to mention this in the divorce as it's unfair to my new partner. Too bad she can bring her up in this as you did the dirty and you have to accept the consequences of that. Her grounds for divorce are mainly my unreasonable behaviour, she said I was controlling but I was not different than when we married, maybe she has just realised that I knew best. Do you know best? or do you assume being the man you will know better than the wife who's duty is to produce your offspring?

I have a very responsible job and I think that I take my attitude home with me, it works in my job so I assume as the bread winner I should make all the decisions. Money doesn't talk, just because you were the bread winner doesn't make you the expert of a pint of milk in Asda.

I love my children more than life itself, I will do anything for them, if necessary I will buy their food clothes and anything they need but I will not give money to my ex wife as how can I be sure she won't spend it on herself. (yup just like the ex husband) I spent all my money on providing for my son for all his needs, my ex decided to lie to child maintenance so that he only paid £5 per week, It actually impacted on our son, he went without a lot because my small job couldn't afford it, the ex purposely left me in debt it took me 10 years to clear, debts he dumped on me. I know you all think bad of me, but my kids are as I said important.
    My ex, has even objected to me taking them to Florida in August, she says it's too far and too long for the youngest to be away from her. I disagree and have told her I have already booked it. Yes it's a big holiday for very small children, you don't like her partner in your equally owned home, yet you'll be taking your children,
    your bit on the side and her children on holiday? not equal at all.

You are very blindsided by all this, you got caught with your trousers around your ankles and this ripped your world apart as you knew it, as a big child you are now punishing your ex because of it, grow up man your're not 5
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Reading this is exactly the reason I don't want to pay. This guys ex is ripping him off. That's not happening to me.

In this little fantasy of yours, what will happen when the court has a different opinion to you?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Sometimes you read a thread & have immediate sympathy for the other side.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I have to admit to being unfaithful on a few occasions, I guess she had enough in the end. I am now with the lady I was seeing, although I don't want her to mention this in the divorce as it's unfair to my new partner. Her grounds for divorce are mainly my unreasonable behaviour, she said I was controlling but I was not different than when we married, maybe she has just realised that I knew best.

I have a very responsible job and I think that I take my attitude home with me, it works in my job so I assume as the bread winner I should make all the decisions. I love my children more than life itself, I will do anything for them, if necessary I will buy their food clothes and anything they need but I will not give money to my ex wife as how can I be sure she won't spend it on herself. I know you all think bad of me, but my kids are as I said important.
    My ex, has even objected to me taking them to Florida in August, she says it's too far and too long for the youngest to be away from her. I disagree and have told her I have already booked it.
    I think the bit in bold is one of the most arrogant statements I've ever read on here.
    No my current partner doesn't get money, she had a settlement, which we want to use to buy a big house. She is NOT having any of my pension, I am allowing 50/50 on the sale of the house,, that's all. She does have a new partner, but they don't live together, she say's she doesn't want to rush into that. I don't allow him in the house as I pay the mortgage even though it's jointly owned. She stays with him when I have the kids.
    My solicitor says I can refuse spousal maintenance and make her take me to court, I don't see the point of mediation as I am not agreeing to anything other than access and house sale.
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you bring that attitude to the table. :rotfl:
    My friend's now ex had the same idea of how things were going to go as you do.
    How we laughed when he found he couldn't call the shots. :D
  • Are you sure it's a good idea to be buying a house together after such a short relationship? ( I don't class any time before you left your wife as being in a relationship!)

Not sure why you feel the need to control who stays over with your ex tbh.

I hope this is a joke!
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Are you sure it's a good idea to be buying a house together after such a short relationship? ( I don't class any time before you left your wife as being in a relationship!)

Not sure why you feel the need to control who stays over with your ex tbh.

I hope this is a joke!

Imagine the next thread - 'I've just split up with my second wife and all she's getting is half the house. Even though she provided all the deposit.'
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has noticed yet that this thread appears to be written by the husband of another poster who started her thread a month ago:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5772292

Note the similarities:
    Wife works 2 days a week and refuses to do more
    Children age 1 and 6
    New partner wants to be a childminder
    50/50 custody
    Adulterous husband now with woman he had affair with
    Both spouses now have new partners
    Husband refuses to allow wife's new partner into marital home because he's paying for it

As the frequent mantra on this board is "we're only getting one side of the story" it's quite clever trolling to give us the other side's view.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has noticed yet that this thread appears to be written by the husband of another poster who started her thread a month ago:
    Just read this thread and thought exactly the same from the second post by OP. It' clearly a wind-up, don't believe for a second in such coincidences!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure