Spousal maintenance

Options

Comments

• seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually I wish I hadn't posted now because I'm not so sure about this thread. At least I hope no one is this lacking in self awareness and empathy in real life.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Mediation is pretty much a legal requirement. The courts like you to try being civil before you start taking up a lot of the judge's time.

If your solicitor is encouraging your belief that she'll get half the house and nothing else then you need a new one. Unless there's information you haven't given then it's completely unrealistic. All marital assets (including pensions) go into the pot to be shared out. The starting point is 50/50 of everything, not just what you want to 'allow'.

And she's allowed visitors. You don't get to dictate who she can have in the house, especially when the children aren't there.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • seashore22
    Options
    Mr.Grey wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic!

By pressing the thank you button? Hilarious.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would suggest that you read through the (very long) thread started by JackRS entitled "Separated, how much should I provide?" It might prove enlightening!
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,306 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr.Grey wrote: »
    if she worked the other days I would pay for her childcare,

You are saying you would pay more if she worked other days and couldn't be the one to look after your child than you would if she is looking after the child?
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Mr.Grey
    Mr.Grey Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Mupette wrote: »
    If your ex wife has asked for mediation and you flatly refuse, I do believe she can take you to the cleaners.

Did your ex wife take a new lover whilst married to you? Think this is a reason for your nastiness, you sound like my ex husband, i didn't take a lover, i just asked for a divorce because i refused to be his punchbag anymore, we have 1 child, when he moved out he took everything, left a microwave for me to heat meals for our son, all because i fell out of love with a bully.

I have to admit to being unfaithful on a few occasions, I guess she had enough in the end. I am now with the lady I was seeing, although I don't want her to mention this in the divorce as it's unfair to my new partner. Her grounds for divorce are mainly my unreasonable behaviour, she said I was controlling but I was not different than when we married, maybe she has just realised that I knew best.

I have a very responsible job and I think that I take my attitude home with me, it works in my job so I assume as the bread winner I should make all the decisions. I love my children more than life itself, I will do anything for them, if necessary I will buy their food clothes and anything they need but I will not give money to my ex wife as how can I be sure she won't spend it on herself. I know you all think bad of me, but my kids are as I said important.
    My ex, has even objected to me taking them to Florida in August, she says it's too far and too long for the youngest to be away from her. I disagree and have told her I have already booked it.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    I've just spotted the OPs username. I think we've been had.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • seashore22
    Options
    Ames wrote: »

You think? (Sarcasm emoji)
  • Mr.Grey
    Mr.Grey Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options

I can appreciate you thinking this is a joke, yes my name does have an element of humour, but I can assure you I am deadly serious. My name is actually Mr Younis.
  • barbarawright
    Options

If he's a billionaire, surely he can afford to pay maintenance...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure