IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Parking Services Court Action

Options

Comments

• Chico_talent
    Options
    Would love to hear more about how the telephone hearing played out and points you felt hit home with the judge.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Indeed well done!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The claimant said they would settle. I said the only settlement was if they were to drop the case and the claimant didn't agree.
    Gooooood move!  Great tactic. I bet they were shaken by that!

Who exactly did they field - an employee, or a legal advocate?  Name?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Sheldore123451453
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    The claimant said they would settle. I said the only settlement was if they were to drop the case and the claimant didn't agree.
    Gooooood move!  Great tactic. I bet they were shaken by that!

Who exactly did they field - an employee, or a legal advocate?  Name?
    Honestly couldn't remember the name, just knew it wasn't the witness. 
    It was someone on the litigation team at EPS who seemed pretty clueless about this.
  • Sheldore123451453
    Options
    Now that this is all over, is there anything else I need to do? Will i receive a letter of some kind about the case hearing? Do I have to go through MCOL to get my claims back?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now that this is all over, is there anything else I need to do? Will i receive a letter of some kind about the case hearing? Do I have to go through MCOL to get my claims back?
    You will receive a notice of some kind from the court - probably just a few words saying that you won.

MCOL was finished with as soon as the case was transferred from the CCBC to the hearing court.

"get my claims back". Do you mean recover your costs? Usually the issue of costs are discussed and decided upon at the hearing. Did that not happen?

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You should get a record of the judgment . That will tell you the outcome and the deadline for them to pay your costs

ofmcoruse you don't raise a claim ...
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 October 2020 at 1:20AM
    Options
    doesnt sound like the subject of costs came up at the end, so if they hung up they did not discuss your costs over the phone and the claimant didnt object either due to the abrupt ending

you may need to email the court to ask about the costs if you submitted a summary costs assessment ?

read this for how it usually goes

this has nothing to do with the CCBC and hasnt done since the day they transferred it to your local court, that ios all they do , accept court cloaims , accept the fee , issue forms and then transfer it out to wherever, no involvement after that (its just a government office)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback