My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,267
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Just popping in to say thanks for the posts. I haven't been to well for a few weeks with a bad episode of depression and ongoing problems with my joints. I am really struggling to see how I'm going to manage with all the price increases that are coming our way. I'm feeling so defeated by the fact that due to the way things are now my debt will never be paid off and is actually likely to increase if I want to pay for my gas and electricity. 

I am now very angry  about it all and I'm not sure people will want to read about how I feel at the moment so I haven't bothered posting 

What a s**t show this has turned out to be 😢
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,050.1 Owed = £11,579.90
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,587
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You can't unload to REAL people so why not unload to us.  My father always used to say to unload to him because his shoulders are broad but ours are too.  I too dread to think what my energy bills are going to be like & I am sure we are not the only ones.  Pain also seems to stop your brain from working properly.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,788
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sending hugs x
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22Toiletries used up 27/188.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,670
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I agree about unloading if you want too. Lots of people are in the same position.

I’m sorry you’ve not been too good. It really just feels like you get on an even keel and then something like this happens
    x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,030
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear that you’re having a tough time. The past couple of years have gone from bad to worse and we’ve all had enough. Feel free to vent, there is always someone who can come up with a suggestion and if not we’re here to support each other xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £218.29/£600 March NSD:3 March Surveys £
  • Parkyp
    Parkyp Posts: 883
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Don’t worry about having a rant, most of us feel like it these days.  

I just feel that most of these price increases could be stopped if the government put a cap on the energy increases.  Them giving us extra money for our bills is great for us but they’re just lining the pockets of these energy companies. I would understand if the companies profits were down but they are not they’re soaring. So why is every other company suffering due to this but they are not. 

Have you been off your work ? 

I know clearing your debt is important but right now we have to prioritise our needs and being able to survive is more important.

Take care of yourself x
  • sending hugs OBL xx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 10,993
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have PM'd you OBL. Hope it arrived ok as was simultaneously dealing with exuberant 😺!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,495
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry things have been tough OBL. It certainly is a s h!t time at the moment. Doom and gloom on every newscast. The reality of it, along with the flare up of pain must be hard for you. If you feel up to it please post - even if it’s eternal ranting. There are many virtual friends that can listen to you, and it might help to rant. Take care my virtual friend 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,267
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    badmemory said:
    You can't unload to REAL people so why not unload to us.  My father always used to say to unload to him because his shoulders are broad but ours are too.  I too dread to think what my energy bills are going to be like & I am sure we are not the only ones.  Pain also seems to stop your brain from working properly.
    It's a nightmare isn't it. I am so fed up with it all now 😟
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,050.1 Owed = £11,579.90
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback