in Debt free diaries
7.1K replies 385.2K views

Replies

• Deni_debt-free_dreamerDeni_debt-free_dreamer Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    sending hugs OBL xx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021 !

2022 Mortgage Free Wannabee #81
    2022 Decluttering Campaign member
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have PM'd you OBL. Hope it arrived ok as was simultaneously dealing with exuberant 😺!
    F x
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • milannmilann Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry things have been tough OBL. It certainly is a s h!t time at the moment. Doom and gloom on every newscast. The reality of it, along with the flare up of pain must be hard for you. If you feel up to it please post - even if it’s eternal ranting. There are many virtual friends that can listen to you, and it might help to rant. Take care my virtual friend 👍
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    badmemory said:
    You can't unload to REAL people so why not unload to us.  My father always used to say to unload to him because his shoulders are broad but ours are too.  I too dread to think what my energy bills are going to be like & I am sure we are not the only ones.  Pain also seems to stop your brain from working properly.
    It's a nightmare isn't it. I am so fed up with it all now 😟
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £5,118.00 Owed = £12,315.77
    Emergency Fund = £640 Xmas savings = £0
    House Fund = £0
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    Sending hugs x
    Thankyou Cherry x
    House Fund = £0
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    I agree about unloading if you want too. Lots of people are in the same position.

I’m sorry you’ve not been too good. It really just feels like you get on an even keel and then something like this happens
    x
    It's like swimming in treacle 😟
    House Fund = £0
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear that you’re having a tough time. The past couple of years have gone from bad to worse and we’ve all had enough. Feel free to vent, there is always someone who can come up with a suggestion and if not we’re here to support each other xx
    I didn't think things could get worse after Covid but here we are 😟
    House Fund = £0
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    Parkyp said:
    Don’t worry about having a rant, most of us feel like it these days.  

I just feel that most of these price increases could be stopped if the government put a cap on the energy increases.  Them giving us extra money for our bills is great for us but they’re just lining the pockets of these energy companies. I would understand if the companies profits were down but they are not they’re soaring. So why is every other company suffering due to this but they are not. 

Have you been off your work ? 

I know clearing your debt is important but right now we have to prioritise our needs and being able to survive is more important.

Take care of yourself x
    Sadly the government don't care because they aren't affected by it. They want us to think they are helping by giving us discounts but like you say  all they are doing is lining the companies pockets 😡

I had a few days off work but I'm back now. I really can't take time off without getting into trouble. My boss is referring me to occupational health again but they can't really do anymore than they have unless they pronounce me unfit for my job 🤷‍♀️
    House Fund = £0
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    sending hugs OBL xx
    Thankyou x
    House Fund = £0
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    milann said:
    Sorry things have been tough OBL. It certainly is a s h!t time at the moment. Doom and gloom on every newscast. The reality of it, along with the flare up of pain must be hard for you. If you feel up to it please post - even if it’s eternal ranting. There are many virtual friends that can listen to you, and it might help to rant. Take care my virtual friend 👍
    Thankyou Milann, I have stopped watching the news now because I get too angry with it all. 
    House Fund = £0