My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Options
    It’s like Masterchef on here 😆 That food looks delicious 😋 I love trying new recipes and have loads of cookbooks, it’s just having the motivation to trawl through them and come up with something. 
    No master chef tonight SA .... I had a toasted tea cake for my tea 😂
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    milann said:
    I have loads of cookbooks but got myself into a rut. I need to get them out and trying some recipes.
    Your food looks and sounds delicious OBL 👏👏
    Thanks Milann, the recipes are fool proof so even I can make them look good 😀
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    The rigatoni dish looked delicious OBL. 😋. Like @milann I seem to have got in a rut with cooking - I need to perk myself up a bit. 

I have been in a rut with cooking for years. I don't like Iike cooking normally but these recipes are so easy to do and taste so good it's encouraging me to at least try. I have a couple of really good cookbooks but I only use a couple of recipes out of one and have never used the other one 🙄
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Just posting a quick update then I'm off to bed
    Today has been spent mostly making pom-poms 😂dare I say already that I hate them 😀I think we have made about a quarter of a garland in two afternoons. We have plans to crack on with some more tomorrow so will hopefully get lots done 

No fancy food cooked tonight because I had yesterday's dinner for my lunch today and there was so much of it it filled me up,I just had a toasted tea cake for my dinner in the end.
    Tomorrow we are cooking the second to last Gousto meal which is made with Paneer cheese.... I have to admit I really don't like paneer  cheese so this might be the first meal I won't like, I'm being open minded though and trying it anyway in the hope that they have worked their magic and it tastes great 

I was supposed to work tomorrow but have taken another day off sick, I've been off for seven days now though so need a sick certificate from my gp. I emailed requesting one today so hopefully they will give me one based on my visit on Monday and the info I have given them in the email 🤞🤞
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope you get your sick certificate quickly. 

I don’t like paneer either did your DD choose this option? 

You’ve got me looking at the recipe boxes now 😆
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the sick note!👍
    I hope the paneer cheese meal turns out to be delicious!  What recipe is it?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the sick note!👍
    I hope the paneer cheese meal turns out to be delicious!  What recipe is it?
    It's a Potato Topped Paneer and Pea Curry Pie 🤢
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I hope you get your sick certificate quickly. 

I don’t like paneer either did your DD choose this option? 

You’ve got me looking at the recipe boxes now 😆
    Thanks I hope so too 😊 yes my DD picked this one because she loves Paneer and I felt mean saying I wouldn't like it so didn't say anything, if it's like the other recipes it will be delicious. I have eaten chickpeas and courgette this week and I'm not normally that keen on them either but they were lovely. I will keep my fingers crossed it's nice 🤞🤞
    😀😀at you now looking at recipes x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Wow I badly overslept this morning and didn't wake up until 10.30 🙀partly caused by being disturbed by a weird noise that we can't find the source of. It's a faint noise that sounds like a beeping alarm clock going off but from a long way away. I thought it was the boiler but it also seemed to be coming from outside. DD had a brainwave this morning though as wondered if it might be the rodent deterrents I put in the loft and the batteries need changing 🤷‍♀️ This means a trip into the loft for me today which is very bad timing with  my leg still being quite painful, I should just be able to open the hatch hopefully to be able to hear if it them 🙄
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I like the sound of the pea pie curry!👍
    The weird noise you have experienced could well be due to the rodent deterrent batteries running low. This is what happens with my own smoke alarm and those in the communal stairway of my flat block.  I hope the loft climb doesn't aggravate your leg. Could DD have a look for you?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business