My journey to a debt free life

in Debt Free Diaries
6.1K replies 319.8K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dune was sooooo good I didn't want it to end,I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would and now want to re read the book😊 I was also very impressed with the reclining comfy seats at the Vue, they are perfect for someone with a very painful leg. I did have to change positions a lot which must have annoyed the man next to me but sitting there for over two hours was always going to be a challenge.

I was not impressed with the price of the maltesers I bought which were a staggering £3.49 🙀🙀🙀 next time I will be buying them elsewhere and taking them in with me. I am also excited to see there is another Matrix film coming out, I love Keanu Reeves so will be going to see that when it comes out.

Going to the cinema is the first evening social thing I've done since the end of 2019 so it was lovely to go and do something different. I do have to say though there was no social distancing in the screen we were at, all the seats were full and although they are spacious they aren't two metres apart, we wore our masks until we sat down then took them off but there weren't many masks being worn at all 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well a bad night sleep was had last night due to pain in my leg so I didn't wake up until11am this morning. I phoned my surgery when I got up to get an appointment with my GP but there aren't any for several weeks. The good news is the receptionist was able to book me an appointment with their physio,it's not until November the 8th and it's a phone appointment but she says he can refer me for xrays or scans if he thinks I need them.

I haven't been anywhere today due to the leg so I've rested it as much as possible, I've not sat down all day though because that doesn't help so I've done my floors downstairs and got a couple of loads of washing done. B has been for a very short walk and Im off up the garden in a bit to sort the 🐓🐓
    House Fund = £700
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your leg is playing up again. No GP appointments for several weeks, that’s disgraceful 😡 Hopefully the physio can help but you’ve still got a while to wait. 
    Christmas Savings 2022 £/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    December NSD: 2/10
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the physio can help, it's having far too much effect on your life. :( Good you could sleep in but it's limiting.

Here's to a better night tonight. x
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 46 remaining as of 21st November.
    Toiletries used up 13/176.
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We too love the reclining seats at Vue, but we had to slum it at the odeon as Vue was full. We have been getting back into going to the cinema, it's definitely been cheaper since reopening, and we don't buy snacks. I got popcorn a while back and spent a week with tooth pain! Some must have worked it's way under my crown.

We also have the Matrix on our list. We were going to watch the new James Bond but covid got us, and while me and hubby didn't get it, it seemed a bit foolish to go to the cinema when we had covid in the house. And now hubby has found out how long the james bond film is he has decided not to bother 🙄

Glad you loved Dune, I had no knowledge of what it was about at all (hubby did) and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your leg is playing up again. No GP appointments for several weeks, that’s disgraceful 😡 Hopefully the physio can help but you’ve still got a while to wait. 
    Thanks SA,I'm in bloody agony tonight with it. Normally I can get a phone appointment with my GP quite quickly but I think now it's winter they have got busy. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with work until I get it sorted 
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the physio can help, it's having far too much effect on your life. :( Good you could sleep in but it's limiting.

Here's to a better night tonight. x
    So do I Cherry, it's getting silly now. DD2 says it's classic sciatica symptoms even though my back isn't hurting,I've also got pins and needles in my toes so there must be a nerve involved somewhere. It's very painful this evening so I'm not too optimistic about tonight 😟
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We too love the reclining seats at Vue, but we had to slum it at the odeon as Vue was full. We have been getting back into going to the cinema, it's definitely been cheaper since reopening, and we don't buy snacks. I got popcorn a while back and spent a week with tooth pain! Some must have worked it's way under my crown.

We also have the Matrix on our list. We were going to watch the new James Bond but covid got us, and while me and hubby didn't get it, it seemed a bit foolish to go to the cinema when we had covid in the house. And now hubby has found out how long the james bond film is he has decided not to bother 🙄

Glad you loved Dune, I had no knowledge of what it was about at all (hubby did) and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
    We wouldn't have gone if we had to go to the Odeon 😀 I read the book when I was about 16 ish but although I remember loving it I couldn't remember the storyline. I loved the film and think they have done a good job and part 2 is set to come out in October 2023 

I have always enjoyed going to the cinema and there are certain films that are best seen on the big screen first 
    House Fund = £700
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What part of your leg is it …..your hip? Hopefully they’ll get you sorted soon. It’s a pity the work physio didn’t do more for you.
    The cinemas are certainly making up for lost time. I haven’t been yet but ds and dh went and said it was virtually full capacity.
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back at work today and was very glad to be in clinic because the ward is very stressful at the moment. We had quite a nice day so that was good.
    My leg hurt all day though and is now very painful, I did have to kneel on the floor to do two lots of blood tests so that probably hasn't helped the situation.

Im off tomorrow and was meant to be going for a walk with DD1 and the DGSs but I've just had to cancel as I can't face walking too far. I hope it gets better before bed or I won't get much sleep tonight

It was also payday today so I will be checking my bank tomorrow and shuffling some money around. The Xmas fund owes me some money for a couple of presents I've bought over the last couple of weeks so I need to transfer that and draw it out to put to one side. I took the money from my riding fund which is now quite good because I can't actually go at the moment.I am hoping to get back on a horse at some point in the not too distant future,I can't risk it at the moment though so will have to be patient.

Ive also seen an idea for the dolls house this week that I want to have a go at but it means buying a piece of furniture and two hand basins. I might add them to my Christmas list though 😀 I do have lots of other crafts that I need to do before I start on something else. I still haven't found any acrylic paint so I'm going to order some online. I went to Wilkos and they had lots but no red. If I end up not doing anything tomorrow I might make a start on the white part of the house because it needs to be finished by the beginning of December, then I have to decide what to put inside, I was thinking of Lindt balls 😍😍😍😍 although I reckon I could get something quite big in the compartments 😀
    House Fund = £700