My journey to a debt free life

in Debt Free Diaries
6.1K replies 319.8K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I went to Hobbycraft which was full of lovely things but not the things I wanted 😊I only bought some mini felt Pom poms  to make Christmas garlands for the doll house. While I was out that way I also popped into B&M but didn't see anything I needed and also Pets At Home but they didn't have what I wanted either. 

I got the bus back into town and went to The Works and found what I was looking for straight away so next time I will check there first 🙄 I also went to a new discount book store that's opened and found a couple of Christmas decorations for the DGSs, they are little wooden ones with their first initial inside,I would never find one with their name in because they are unusual so thought these were ideal. The only thing I didn't find was the red paint for the roof of the house but I can look for that on Monday 

I also bought a joint present for my Mum and Dad,I was wondering past Lakeland's and saw they had some nice reusable bags with a food gift inside, I like to get them something nice to eat that they share plus something to read and some smellies. The gift bag I bought has fudge, fruit cake , two different types of biscuits, jam, lemon curd and tea so they should like all that and it comes in a nice jute bag 😊 I did get some pjs the other day for my DDs plus some bamboo socks each, we always buy each other new pjs for Christmas 😀
    Im going to try and be organised and wrap it all as I buy it, so tomorrow I will be wrapping the bits I've bought so far. I would like my shopping done by the end of November this year if possible then I can chill out in December and just enjoy the fun. I try and do this every year and haven't managed it yet 😂

My leg started really hurting while I was out and is now throbbing quite badly. I've cancelled meeting my Mum tomorrow because I don't think I can spend another day walking round 😟 I'm going to call my gp on Monday to see if I can get another appointment

I was out for a long time today so haven't done anything else all day. It takes quite a awhile to get there on the bus then when I came home from town I waited 40 minutes for a bus home🙀 by the time I got back it was time to prep our tea. I did Nut Cutlets with roasted veg and potatoes with Brussel sprouts, it was yummy but I really fancied a nice apple crumble for pudding and didn't have the ingredients to make one 😟 it's too fattening anyway 😀
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Enjoy Hobbycraft. Funny you should mention jumpers and finishing them off. I was showing my cousin mine the other day and have been doing some of mine 👍
    I still haven't done anymore, I ran out of time today 😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you and B are on the mend. My dog is 9 and she gets a bit stiff when she gets up after sitting for a while, mind you so do I 😆 I tried the Yumove supplements but couldn't see that they made any difference so stopped the subscription. Hope you had a good time in Hobbycraft today.
    I've bought us both some yumove supplements to see if they work on me as well. I didn't do the subscription thing I just did a one off purchase 😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a good knitting day today!🧶
    I didnt get any done in the end but might tomorrow now I'm not going out 😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just realised I didn't post about my physio appointment. It was actually a waste of time and I was a bit annoyed. She did lots of tests but they all showed good results and I couldn't feel any pain when she manipulated the joint. I was having a really good day pain wise but after I left and walked into town I was in agony. I should have walked to the appointment 🙄 her advice is to use a walking pole if I'm walking on uneven surfaces such as the beach or stony uneven ground or for long distances, she then told me to phone my surgery to see my GP again and see if they will refer me to their physios, this is the bit that annoyed me because I had an appointment booked with the GPS physios in September but I cancelled it thinking she would be the better option......... back to the drawing board now

House Fund = £700
  • Sunshine_girl2Sunshine_girl2 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    How annoying about the physio OBL , I hope you get some answers to your joint issues soon. 
    I was the same in HobbyCraft as I said before and then like you went to The Works . The present you have bought your parents from Lakeland sounds ideal for a gift for a person I need a present for , so before I leave the lakes on Sunday I will call in the big Lakeland here and see if I can see the same or similar thing . 

I hope you have a lovely Sunday . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Willowtree222Willowtree222 Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s frustrating about the physio. I’m looking forward to seeing the house all painted if you will post a picture.

hopefully the leg is better this morning x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    How annoying about the physio OBL , I hope you get some answers to your joint issues soon. 
    I was the same in HobbyCraft as I said before and then like you went to The Works . The present you have bought your parents from Lakeland sounds ideal for a gift for a person I need a present for , so before I leave the lakes on Sunday I will call in the big Lakeland here and see if I can see the same or similar thing . 

I hope you have a lovely Sunday . 
    They have quite a few different ones to choose from. I was there for ages looking before I bought the one I chose, then I saw some more on the way out 😀
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s frustrating about the physio. I’m looking forward to seeing the house all painted if you will post a picture.

hopefully the leg is better this morning x
    It's very frustrating, I will post a photo if the house turns out ok. My leg is not too bad at the moment but I haven't walked very far so it should be fine 
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a very long lazy lie in this morning after being woken up several times in the night by one of the cats meowing at the top of his voice, of course he is now fast asleep snoring away. I'm tempted to wake him up every hour to see how he likes it 😀

Im just having a coffee then I'm going to investigate my knitting to see what needs doing, I think it's just finishing the sleeve and neck and sewing it all together so hopefully won't take long.

It would actually be a perfect day to do the garden today but I don't want to risk it in case in sets my leg off again. I'm not back at work until Wednesday so I'm hoping the leg will improve by then,it doesn't feel too bad today but I have only been for a very short walk with B, we looked a right pair hobbling up the road together 😟
    House Fund = £700