My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Parkyp
    Parkyp Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I googled pom pom crafts, you can made some lovely things with them, the garlands look really good. If you weren’t always so busy you could have yourself a wee side business with your crafts. 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,407 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Edited to add
    Its not that hard so long as you prep properly,take your time and don't overload your brush / roller 😊
    That’s exactly where I’m going wrong. I have no patience whatsoever 😆
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So yesterday ended up being interesting because my oven packed up, it must be an electrical fault because it tripped the fuse box. I have phoned the man who fixed it last time but had to leave a message,hopefully he will get back to me ASAP, thank god for my emergency fund 🎉🎉

Last night I was up all night with a very painful throbbing hip so was shattered this morning. I went to work despite being in quite a lot of pain and covered the clinics until 1pm when they let me go home in their words " to rest that leg because we really need you here on Sunday " it's soooo busy and we are so short staffed so taking time off unless you are dying is not a good idea. I have rested it all afternoon and it was feeling ok but started aching when I took B for her evening walk, I took her for a very short walk so she is now grumpy😟I'm going to refer myself to the physios at work to see what they think.

I came home to find a letter from SC on the doormat again say g they have written to me several times to request a review of my plan,they have never written to me 😡I have had one email  which I have replied to. I am going to phone them on Monday to tell them nothing has changed here and can they stop hassling me. They have said they will stop my payment plan in October if I don't contact  them 😡
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,407 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG what a blooming nightmare with SC and the oven 😫

I hope you get your leg sorted very soon and the work physios can help 🤞

Keep calm and carry on 💪
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,137 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A rough 24 hours. :( I hope the rest helps and your hip doesn't go on keeping you awake.

Not good service from SC, if you can make that phone call and get them off your back it will help - or write and get it into the post if that's easier for you.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Parkyp said:
    I googled pom pom crafts, you can made some lovely things with them, the garlands look really good. If you weren’t always so busy you could have yourself a wee side business with your crafts. 
    Maybe an idea for when I retire 😊
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    OMG what a blooming nightmare with SC and the oven 😫

I hope you get your leg sorted very soon and the work physios can help 🤞

Keep calm and carry on 💪
    I'm off out today for cake at a new bakery that has opened locally,I need cheering up 😀
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    A rough 24 hours. :( I hope the rest helps and your hip doesn't go on keeping you awake.

Not good service from SC, if you can make that phone call and get them off your back it will help - or write and get it into the post if that's easier for you.
    Thanks Cherry,I did get some sleep last night thankfully, my hip is still hurting but it will just have to hurt because I've got to go to work tomorrow, I'm not going to be painting today now I doubt unless I do some of the doors,I think going up and down a ladder is a bad idea. As for SC I have sent them a very angry email telling them I will be contacting them on Monday and that they haven't tried to contact me like they said they have, unfortunately they are insisting I have to phone them to go through my review in person.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Hope you get SC sorted soon. Nothing more frustrating than when they’re saying they’ve done something they haven’t.

Hope the hip holds out tomorrow for you. X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hope you get SC sorted soon. Nothing more frustrating than when they’re saying they’ve done something they haven’t.

Hope the hip holds out tomorrow for you. X
    Thanks Willow, I will get it sorted on Monday hopefully,I've just got so much to do tat the moment so I could do without having to sort this out as well. Everything will calm down after Thursday when the floors are finished 😊
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback