edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
5.9K replies 308.8K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxgloves said:
    It will be well worth you sitting down to have a look at your budget, OBL, not least because knowledge is power, but also because you will feel better psychologically once you feel properly back in control.
    F x
    Thanks Foxgloves,I read this and went and sorted my finances straight away and you're right  I do feel much better 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,226 Now Owed = £13,391.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were supposed to be going out for the day today but didn't go because it was chucking it down all day 😟

I decided to have a look at my finances instead and I'm happy with where things are, I have managed to save £100 back into the Christmas / present fund, this had gone down from £400 to £300 because of both DGS having birthdays in July,I have replaced that money now so the fund is back up to £400. I just have my mums birthday between now and Christmas so I'm pleased with the amount that's in this post at this point. 

The other things I flagged up is that I have spent £70 on paint and various bits for the house but I haven't taken the money out of the house fund so I need to move that over to my account. DD 2 owed me some money for her shopping as she had forgotten her card so I paid for it ,she has now paid me that back. I still forgot to look at how much I was paid 🙄I can check on the system at work but can't log in from home so I just normally look at my bank statement to see how much it is. 

I also did lots of painting today,so I've now done a first coat on the walls of the hall and a first coat on the coving. One of the walls has a crack in it so I had to fill that and wait for it to dry but it's all done ready for a second coat tomorrow 

I didn't do any painting yesterday due to not feeling great, I didn't get up until 12.30 but could have actually stayed in bed all day. I had to go into town though so made myself get up and go 

Tomorrow I am painting again so will get the walls finished in the hall,I also need to put a second coat on the stairs on the landing,I couldn't do that today because DDs duvet was hanging over them to dry. I've still got tomorrow,Monday and Tuesday off so could get a lot done over these three days if I feel ok. I'm really liking the pale colour that I've used in the hall and I'm now wishing I had used it in the living room but there's no way I'm panting that again,I like the colour I have used so it can stay 

Diet wise I've had an ok week with one day where I went over my syns, I am stuck for lunch ideas that don't involve bread though so need to come up with some alternatives, according to my scales I haven't lost anything this week so I'm not sure what's going on there 😟
    House Fund = £700
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like good progress both on the Christmas savings and on the painting. I hope you can get some R&R time too!

If you can eat dairy, then yogurt is a good basis for a lunch, maybe with fruit in. I add oats to mine but then I'm not losing weight at the moment. You may find your weight loss is just waiting till you're next on the scales, mine often seems to lag behind my behaviour.
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 49 remaining as of 1st October.
    Toiletries used up 1/176.
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    13.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mainly eat soup at lunchtime, have done for years. I make a batch of it on Sunday afternoon to last throughout the week. It’s usually enough on its own but if I’m extra hungry I have a seeded flatbread with it. It’s a very cheap lunch and a great way to use up leftover veg.
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    October NSD: 6/15
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mainly eat soup at lunchtime, have done for years. I make a batch of it on Sunday afternoon to last throughout the week. It’s usually enough on its own but if I’m extra hungry I have a seeded flatbread with it. It’s a very cheap lunch and a great way to use up leftover veg.
    I have to really be in the mood for soup and love it with bread 😀 I've been listening to that podcast and it's so funny, I was on the bus into town giggling away to myself 😂
    House Fund = £700
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well what can I say..... I've nailed dieting 😉😀 ( SA will get the joke ) I lost 2lbs this week taking me down to 10st 8lbs ,I've had a good weekend so that must have helped .

No painting has taken place though because yesterday I got up late again and after walking B and faffing about a bit DD2 announced she was bored so did I fancy playing some board games,I do like a board game so we played three games of Dobble and a game of Scrabble ,I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the day 🤷‍♀️

Today  I had to go into town yet again for food that I couldn't get the last time I went in. I've decided on meals based around cous cous for lunch so went to buy veg suitable for roasting, I also needed a new loo brush because DD2 cleaned the bathroom yesterday but was so vigorous scrubbing the loo she snapped the loo brush in half 🙀
    I didn't paint today either but I did clean the house and got a load of washing done so the day wasn't wasted

Im at home all day tomorrow so will be painting and I have to be up by 9 because DD1 is dropping in on her way to work to pick up DGS 1s birthday card from my mum which I still have due to not seeing her since the party 

It's the last day of my holiday tomorrow 😟 but I only go back for one day 9-5 so not too bad. I am now off to bed because I am actually tired so might actually sleep 
    House Fund = £700
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the weight loss, OBL. 
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • WinterWarriorWinterWarrior Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Fabulous weight loss, well done. 
    The painting won’t go anywhere, taking time out for games was a good idea. 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    £36 per week spend challenge.
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    13.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on 2lbs off 👏 Yes you’ve nailed dieting 🤣 Couscous and roast veg is a nice lunch, used to have that quite often too. 
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    October NSD: 6/15
  • Willowtree222Willowtree222 Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news on the weight loss. Hope you manage to get the painting done but the board games sound so much more fun x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x