My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I mainly eat soup at lunchtime, have done for years. I make a batch of it on Sunday afternoon to last throughout the week. It’s usually enough on its own but if I’m extra hungry I have a seeded flatbread with it. It’s a very cheap lunch and a great way to use up leftover veg.
    I have to really be in the mood for soup and love it with bread 😀 I've been listening to that podcast and it's so funny, I was on the bus into town giggling away to myself 😂
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Well what can I say..... I've nailed dieting 😉😀 ( SA will get the joke ) I lost 2lbs this week taking me down to 10st 8lbs ,I've had a good weekend so that must have helped .

No painting has taken place though because yesterday I got up late again and after walking B and faffing about a bit DD2 announced she was bored so did I fancy playing some board games,I do like a board game so we played three games of Dobble and a game of Scrabble ,I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the day 🤷‍♀️

Today  I had to go into town yet again for food that I couldn't get the last time I went in. I've decided on meals based around cous cous for lunch so went to buy veg suitable for roasting, I also needed a new loo brush because DD2 cleaned the bathroom yesterday but was so vigorous scrubbing the loo she snapped the loo brush in half 🙀
    I didn't paint today either but I did clean the house and got a load of washing done so the day wasn't wasted

Im at home all day tomorrow so will be painting and I have to be up by 9 because DD1 is dropping in on her way to work to pick up DGS 1s birthday card from my mum which I still have due to not seeing her since the party 

It's the last day of my holiday tomorrow 😟 but I only go back for one day 9-5 so not too bad. I am now off to bed because I am actually tired so might actually sleep 
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,148 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss, OBL. 
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Fabulous weight loss, well done. 
    The painting won’t go anywhere, taking time out for games was a good idea. 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,407 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on 2lbs off 👏 Yes you’ve nailed dieting 🤣 Couscous and roast veg is a nice lunch, used to have that quite often too. 
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,707 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great news on the weight loss. Hope you manage to get the painting done but the board games sound so much more fun x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on the 2 lbs. I could go either way tomorrow. Going out for dinner with a friend in a minute 😊
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    milann said:
    Well done on the 2 lbs. I could go either way tomorrow. Going out for dinner with a friend in a minute 😊
    Hope you got on ok, I'm meeting my mum for lunch on Saturday so cake will be involved, I'm trying to stick to the plan in advance of this so there won't be as much damage, it's only once a  fortnight so can be my little treat 😊
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Lovely first day back at work yesterday which went by in a flash. I was working in clinics with my best friend so had a laugh and a catch up.

Today has not been as good because I have somehow lost my phone, I definitely had it in the evening but it was gone this morning and I can't find it anywhere. I have literally taken my house apart looking for it,I even went through the bin 🤢it's just disappeared into thin air. I can't phone it because it's on silent 🙄

I wasted a whole morning looking for it but gave up in the end because I needed to go into town for some more paint. I then went out and waited 40 minutes for a bus 😡went and got my paint and some other bits then waited another 40 minutes for the bus to come back home, I didn't get my lunch until 3pm and was starving by then, I made myself a salad though which did fill me up. 

I finally got round to doing some painting at 4pm so have now done the walls in the hall downstairs, I was going to do another coat on the woodwork but DD2 came home and we ended up spending more time looking for my phone which we didn't find. I am working 9-5 tomorrow so won't be painting but I might do the skirting boards when I get home if I'm not too tired, it's looking really good now and hopefully will be finished soon, I only have 4 more days where I am free to paint so need to crack on now. Im off Monday and Tuesday so will spend both days getting as much done as possible then.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Hope your phone comes to light soon.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts