My journey to a debt free life

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
5.9K replies 310.6K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve shaved my legs but that did nothing! 
    😂😂 I might do mine before my next meeting just in case 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,226 Now Owed = £13,391.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    13.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget your emergency wee 🤣🤣
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    October NSD: 10/15
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today has been spent painting and it's looking lovely on my landing, it's so bright and airy. When the floors are all done I will take some photos. B managed to get a massive swipe of paint all down one side 😳 I was sitting on the floor painting the stair post when she decided to come downstairs but instead of going round me she squeezed in between me and the post 😀 I had to wipe it after because she left loads of dog hair in my new paint work

I'm having the day off tomorrow and going out with my friend, we are visiting a local town for a bit of retail therapy and lunch. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and chilling out, I think it's meant to rain though so will have to take my brolly.

Friday will be back to painting, I have figured out how to go over the wall that the handy man did .Once that wall is done I need to do the downstairs hall walls. I will need another tin of gloss though as I've nearly run out. I don't go back to work until next Wednesday so I'm hoping to get it all finished by Tuesday. I've still got plenty of time but I can sense myself getting bored now so need to get it done before my motivation runs out 😊
    House Fund = £700
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol at the pre-weigh emergency wee! Yep, that is defo one of my strategies too. If you are ever tempted to think that this won't make a difference, I suggest you take a pint glass of water & pour it into the dish of your kitchen scales. I first did this, actually, not because of weighing myself, but because when I started making sourdough bread a few years ago, the recipe required the water content to be weighed, rather than measured in ml. I couldn't believe such a little bit of water could weigh in at 250g.....i.e over half a lb! That simply underlined for me the critical nature of the pre-weighday wee! (Or 2 or 3 if at all possible!) Try it! Pint of water on that scales. You will be implementing the pre-weigh wee with immediate effect!
    F x
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • milannmilann Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good job you spotted you 4 legged painting apprentice- could have put white paint all over for you 😳😂😂
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget your emergency wee 🤣🤣
    Always have an emergency wee 😂, I was gutted today because I was going to listen to the podcast and I forgot my earphones . I will play it tomorrow while I'm painting x
    House Fund = £700
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxgloves said:
    Lol at the pre-weigh emergency wee! Yep, that is defo one of my strategies too. If you are ever tempted to think that this won't make a difference, I suggest you take a pint glass of water & pour it into the dish of your kitchen scales. I first did this, actually, not because of weighing myself, but because when I started making sourdough bread a few years ago, the recipe required the water content to be weighed, rather than measured in ml. I couldn't believe such a little bit of water could weigh in at 250g.....i.e over half a lb! That simply underlined for me the critical nature of the pre-weighday wee! (Or 2 or 3 if at all possible!) Try it! Pint of water on that scales. You will be implementing the pre-weigh wee with immediate effect!
    F x
    I once weighed my clothes before going to a meeting and was shocked to see they weighed 3lbs 😀
    House Fund = £700
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Good job you spotted you 4 legged painting apprentice- could have put white paint all over for you 😳😂😂
    I couldn't miss her she practically sat in my lap as she squeezed past, I still haven't got the paint off her, it looks like another patch of grey hairs 😀
    House Fund = £700
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a lovely day out with my friend today, we had lunch and a good catch up. I saw lots of lovely clothes I would have like to buy but I don't really need anything at the moment so I didn't buy anything ,it was nice to have a wander round though . I got home at threeish and have just lounged around doing nothing much 😀
    I had a terrible nights sleep last night and have been tired all day but now it's late and I'm wide awake 😡I am going to go to bed in a minute though and hopefully will sleep tonight.

Im off into town in the morning then home to do some more painting, it is supposed to be raining all day tomorrow so I won't mind being indoors, I wish I had cut my grass on Monday or Tuesday though because I left it and now it's too wet, it's not too long so will be ok but I want to keep on top of it.

I also need to check my bank account tomorrow because I have been very lax this month,I don't even know how much I have been paid yet and I was paid on the 27th, I can feel myself slipping on the money front so need to get some organising and plans in place to remind me that I am still in debt and still need to budget. I do need to update my signature as well because my SC payment will have come out by now 😊
    House Fund = £700
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be well worth you sitting down to have a look at your budget, OBL, not least because knowledge is power, but also because you will feel better psychologically once you feel properly back in control.
    F x
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)