PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th January 2018

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HB.. Devil Cat sound like my old man.. the vet gave him 3 months.. 3.5 years later his perfectly healthy brother had passed away and he finally snuffed it.. we thought he was immortal!

won auction.. boofing Twinkle.. still achieved nothing
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have done my list apart from the paperwork which I will do when I've finished this cuppa. Dailies also all done and two lovely walks with the dogs. Poppet didn't want to do the second one so she went in the doggy pushchair, lazy mutt.

What a difference a sunny day makes.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    You can pass some of your spare boobage my way lil-me, been a 34a most of my life, except when pregnant. I would love some curves in that department !!!

So, dragged DH out to our local forestry trails and did a 3 mile jog. Buzzing now, exercise really banishes the blues for me. DS been to gym so off to chuck some sweaty sports stuff in WM and then the dog needs a walk.

Loving the fact that atb is thinking about PJs already, I am right with you. Going to get fire lit and curl up .. but dog needs a walk first!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Paperwork done, only took an hour or so, I am pleased that I didn't put it off till next weekend when I'd have been close to the deadline.

About to do a job from my Toots list - sort out the blooming settings on the DAB radio.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Bathroom #2 sorted.

Himself grumbled about my clothes stacked up over the bedroom (actually on top of my CoD), so, for a quiet life, I've pulled out all the drawers and started putting stuff away. Strangely, I'm finding a lot of his clothes and bedlinen in the piles. And the Idiot Cat has nearly knocked himself out three times leaping in drawers without noticing the ones above are also open and obstructing safe passage of his somewhat dented skull.

Himself then came up to demand instructions for dinner. I suggested veggies, lots of veggies and as he turned to go, he muttered that I could take it or leave whatever he made. :mad: Particularly as I'm suggesting things that are harder for him to make inedible than some of his offerings (I'm still slightly heartbroken that he insists on making scrambled egg in the microwave when it's a million times nicer in a frying pan and his version of sausage and mash is horrid). It's very rare that I can't make myself eat whatever he cooks - if I leave it, it's really, really bad.

He's being uncharacteristically stroppy recently. I normally grumble profusely on here but bite my lip in reality. At this rate I shall actually say ALL the things about his economic inactivity, housekeeping skills and technical competence to his face, as if he can give it out, he's obviously capable of taking the full unfiltered response.

He seems to have slimmed down a bit recently - first it was cutting out booze and now he isn't bunging so much sugar into his system. I'm wondering whether he's being moody because of sugar withdrawals/not eating enough. Or he's just a !!!!. But I have come down to find the TV is on some kind of chick flick.

If it wasn't him, I'd suspect PMS. But he doesn't really have the necessary structural components for that.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jojo.. he is just being an @r5£ .. men are grumpy things.. ask him if he is due on.. it would be the first thing he asked you.. :p ... OH wouldn't dare, hahaha.. or ask him if his pubes have just started sprouting because behaving like a 15 year old is not necessary otherwise :p.. but I'm totally for clearing the air and saying exactly what you want and need to say.. in a normal level voice rather than bellowed through a megaphone.. I just feed OH if he is in a grump it is usually because he is hungry.. ie ALL the time! I am just about to make him an enormous lasagne to eat over the next several days. I have just reduced the sugar intake by over 2/3rds and I am absolutely fine.. it is not an excuse.. I'm not even tired or anything, tbh I have barely even noticed the reduced sugar and lack of meat in my diet.

Right.. food, laundry and DW.. my life is so exciting I don't know how I manage to get through each day!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    New Thread
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family