PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th January 2018

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Welcome debtfree and hope work is stress free atb.

Pigpen my OH is terrible at letting me know when he is going to be late, they just don't realise how much we worry.

Wide awake at 6.30am, heard DS2 coughing. Think he might have flu, he is deathly pale except for a little red blotch on each cheek and his eyes look like someone suffering with a raging hangover. He didnt even want his GF to come around last night which is a sure sign that he is not well. Have tucked him into bed wtih paracetemol and hot ribena.

Have put the menfolk's grimy work stuff in the WM, secretly squirted febreze over DSs horsey smelling jacket that I am not allowed to wash and swept utility floor.

Drizzling out, think it is going to drizzle for most of the day. Off to update finance spreadsheets and potter gently. Not much paid stuff to do so a weekend off which is probably good for my health but not good for the finances!
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 February 2018 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Hello everyone :hello:
    [STRIKE]Weekend Willie[/STRIKE] Private Roundtuit reporting for duty :)

Welcome debtfreeforlife

I too hope the year improves for everyone. Good to know that we have each other to listen, help where we can and encourage one another.

Hugs to Pixie, bless her. I know accidents happen but I'd have been wanting to spin the little darling who did it by the arm until they were similarly injured if it had happened to DS. I wouldn't have actually done so but grrr .. I'm feral when it comes to DS. I too would have liked another or more, but life didn't work out that way and I'm blessed with the one I have :D.

Speaking of [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] whom (?) DS started to complain of a rash on his back his week - would I take a look? Not like any rash I've ever seen :think: Not presenting like any rash I've ever come across - burning, stabbing pains :undecided :idea: shingles??? Confirmed by the doctor last night.

Also last night AF made a reappearance exactly 12 months after her last entrance (which led to a month of fast-tracked hospital appointments and undignified interventions before anything sinister happening was happily ruled out). Is there an emoticon for burying your head in your hands and thinking 'no.no.not again'? :(
    Takes a deep breath and blows out through puffed up cheeks. At least I now know why I felt like I had PMT at the end of the week! I did :rotfl: (Got to laugh, crying just gives me headache!) Oh and I think I'm getting a cold - feels like someone is squeezing my face and I've been sneezing :(

Sing with me? 'I get knocked down but I get up again'. I'm being [STRIKE]lazy[/STRIKE] kind to myself this morning and came down in my dressing gown to sup a brew and regroup. I am not going to be derailed by these curve balls (continuing the Eeyore/ Tigger analogy we all seem to be up against heffalumps and woosels crawling out from under the bed - it's the flying wot done it guv! Disturbed 'em, it did!')

Er hmmm :o

Flying Round 1 =
    1- sort Mount Washmore in to hillocks
    2- set WM x1 swishing
    3- make bed
    4- get washed/ teeth / hair/ dressed
    5- put out rubbish & recycling
    6- feed birds
    7- breakfast

Back later. (And thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there :heartsmil)

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    two loads through Wm and TD on cheapleccy. Washing thoughtfully provided by student daughter:rotfl:

Off to help at food market this morning.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome to the madhouse, debtfreeforlife!

Don't make me laugh, roundtuit, as that makes my puffy eyes sore and my runny nose run! Yes, I have the flylady cold slowly creeping on.

HB - amazed by Devilcat, and Kelpie sounds like he is going to love that training. It was fascinating to read it.

Today so far I have run the wm, and draped the washing around indoors. Oh for the days when the washing can go back outside again to dry. Also weighed in for the wannabe slinky challenge. Wannabe is the correct word, as 2 lbs appear to have gone back on. I hate my scales. :rotfl:
    Other jobs are:
    Make a pudding to take to friends' tonight
    Wrap and deliver a birthday present
    Deliver and collect DD to and from the stables
    Maybe get into the RoD, as no flingage has left the house this week.

Doesn't look much written down. Oh well, I'm starting with making the pud. Chocolate pear frangipane tart. Let's see if it ends up like the picture.
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcomes! What a lovely lot you all are. Sending internet hugs to those who need them, I am just off for a treat massage. I almost never buy books or dvds and very rarely get my hair cut but massages are my one indulgence!

Been relatively productive this morning, the bathroom and the kitchen sink have had quick cleans, and the dishwasher filter and washing machine drawers (the things I always forget) are currently soaking in the sink. I am trying very hard to be as waste free as possible, and have realised one of the best ways I can do that is by actually following the care instructions on my appliances.

Now off to massage, then back for more cleaning, via the shop for dishwasher salt and a new loo brush because the current one is very stinky and looking manky (ewwww). Anyone have any tips for keeping those cleaned? I try and buy eco friendly cleaning stuff where possible and mostly use vinegar and baking soda for cleaning, but think I need something a bit stronger for the mankiest cleaning tool in the house!
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Options
    Round 1 completed :D I also opened the windows upstairs to let a bit of fresh (damp / cold) air in; unloaded the airer and had a mosey on fb whilst supping my second brew of the day :D

Round 2=
    1- unload WM x 1 and drape on radiators/ airer
    2- set WM x 2 swishing
    3- WUDUPA one bowl of pots
    4- coffee

Back later

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Options

Pigpen my OH is terrible at letting me know when he is going to be late, they just don't realise how much we worry.

Oh mine does know exactly how badly I react to him not being home on time.. he is usually home by 11:30.. I called at 12:15 because the latest he has arrived home is midnight.. Apparently they had someone leave suddenly and someone go off sick as she is pregnant and due to start maternity leave in 2 weeks so they had 2 extra peoples work to get through.. I just cry the second he rings.. or I start leaving ever increasingly hysterical voicemails lol. I gave up pretending I was sane and sensible and he is ok with that.. at least he knows I care about him, I guess.

Pixie is less swollen today but she is still very bruised and sore.

Round.. I am fine about the child who swung pixie.. she is after all a child and they don't have the capacity to foresee a dangerous consequence and tbf pixie was probably laughing and being excited until she hit the concrete and it could have been so much worse.. but there was an adult present whose responsibility it was to keep the children safe and I feel it was her who was negligent.. an accident like that is not a split second thing.. she was clearly being swung around for a period before falling and it should have been stopped. The child is just a child and she was just doing what children do. I find when older children play with younger children they come down to the younger level not vice versa. I'm not a totally unreasonable monster lol.

OH off to work until 4.. girls have swimming at 1 so we have to walk, at least at this moment in time it is not raining. So I need to sort a lunch before we go and snacks for on the way back.. Twinkle has lost a shoe so we need to find that and I need to get everyone dressed and brushed and out of the door by 12 as it is a 50 minute walk.

I sneaked on the scales and am unofficially 2lb less than I was on Monday (8lb total).. I need to lose another 23lb before I no longer am 'obese' and am just 'overweight' according to the BMI scale.. so that is my first goal.. or, I need to grow another 12 inches, I guess that works too.. Hopefully I can shed another 1lb at least in the next 2 days.. I have observed my coat is less snug on my derriere.. or maybe the weather is warmer and I am wearing fewer layers.. also possible.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Mummy Jane if you're still with us, and Debt Free for Life. :wave:

Regarding loo brushes - I always have a few spare at the chalet (50p from Wilkinson's) in case guests leave them in a revolting state. (It's happened once, and once is enough.) After I've finished cleaning the loo I put the brush in the pan, drop the lid and flush the loo, which rinses it. And, put a drop of fl@$h type liquid and an eggcup's worth of water in the bottom of the pot you store it in. That seems to do the trick.

I reckon you can train most animals to follow handsignals if you start them young enough. My pet lambs always went where I pointed, Kelps is picking it up really quickly for a 12 year old dog and Devil Cat would know exactly what was wanted and climb the curtains instead. Kids are bright enough to know not to argue with you Jojo, and your OH is plumbing numpty, obviously.

Lots of instructions for snuffle mats are on YouTube, Jazee, and they're dead easy to make cheaply. In future all of Klepie's kibble will be fed in one, rather than just plonking it in a bowl. He's going to have to work for his food; he's had it very easy up until now and it's not doing him any favours.

Kitchen tidied, bedding put out to change the two letting rooms, bins emptied, Kelpie trundled twice, and I'm settling down to do some long outstanding paperwork that will make my life a lot simpler once it's completed. I'm catching up with myself at long last.
    Better is good enough.
  • mummyjane
    mummyjane Posts: 391 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 February 2018 at 11:41PM
    Options
    :) Thank you Honey Bear.

Jayzee, we were kindly given a shop bought snuffle mat by a friend. As much as our two love it, they look really easy to make as it's just like the outdoor rubber mats with holes in with strips of fleece tied into it. This looks good - https://www.thehonestkitchen.com/blog/diy-make-your-dog-or-cat-a-snuffle-matt/

I'm not feeling quite so sore today after my fall, so trying to get back into a routine with the house. All washing now cleared and the last bits now hung in the drying room. My lovely mum has helped and cleared a monster ironing pile so I have a fighting chance of having a tidy and clean house before returning to work Monday. Even the kids have been offering to help and doing things without being asked (although dd has had a brief hormonal strop when asked to get her dad a drink - he's disabled and struggles).

Aiming to get the kids helping again tomorrow and do a full hoover/dust/steam of the house.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend x
    GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Brought up the subject of getting as much cleaning done as possible this weekend 'because you're going to be pretty busy this week and then we're on holiday from Sunday'.

It's a good idea, apparently.

So he's just gone off for a bath. Which generally entails at least an hour in there watching old sitcoms on the mobile phone propped up on the toilet seat, followed by a lie down for at least an hour listening to old radio shows on headphones.

I can feel the Rage Clean approaching.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family