PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th January 2018

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    One big fat lip, a busted nose, 2 bruised and grazed knees, a torn frenulum and a cracked tooth..
    Poor Pixie! Hope she mends quickly x

HB, Devil Cat is truly amazing. You hardly dared hope that he would still be with you at New Year, and he is still here in February! Please give him a gentle stroke (or whatever he likes best) from me.

One thing I would ask, atb, is how you would feel if you had a third child by choice and then a fourth one also came along unexpectedly.
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    The trainer has suggested several hand and body signals, LW, all of which are new to me. Although I've had deaf dogs in the past I've never come across anyone who was experienced in training newly deaf or deaf solo dogs. Just about the first thing I said to her when we first arrived was that I totally accepted it was me that she was training, not Kelpie....
    My previous dog went deaf, and I used hand signals with him. He learnt them very quickly, especially the ones he associated with food!
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I've got to make a Snuffle Mat for him as well, so that he has to work for all of his food in future.
    Had to look that up - it looks fun, and there are easy instructions on the www for diy. I might make one for Rosie too - she loves food-seeking games and is good at sniffing out the pieces of dried food that I sometimes hide around the LR.

Your flying list is impressive, LW :T:T:T

I too have flown today, and so has DH:
    - I damp dusted everything in the lounge thoroughly, including taking down all the DVDs, the CDs and the few ornaments that we have and dusting each shelf - hangs head in shame at the amount of dust on everything :eek:
    - both of us sorted through the DVDs and have flung a whole suitcase full of films we never want to watch again
    - hoovering downstairs was done by DH
    - DH also took the suitcase and DVDs to the CS
    - I have S&S'd kitchen
    - I steam mopped the kitchen floor
    - I've dealt with 2 very large cane toads, finally decluttering part of the top of the CoD in the study bedroom as a result
    - I decluttered zzz after lunch
    - then I took Rosie for her long walk (one hour of sunshine, though still a cold wind)

I need to cook an early meal tonight, as I am going with one of my fellow-students to a touring theatre show in Cathedral City :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend x
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 February 2018 at 7:36PM
    Options
    Tough day at work - not as tough as yesterday, which was punctuated by incompetent cover teachers and the Offspring of the Parish being entirely despicable, but still had its moments. Finally lost the will to continue and scuttled off home 15 minutes early with the full agreement of the department.

The plumbing accoutrements had been purchased and fitted and the floor crud removed. Still no washing up done, though, and the countertop is there *somewhere*. But the poor soul apparently needed a little lie down to recover from his plumbing efforts, so has been upstairs for the last hour.

As he's booked us to go on holiday over half term :eek:, he's very busy next week on at least three days and four evenings and is complaining of feeling tired and lacking in energy, I suspect that the weekend will consist of attempting to pressgang him into housework and at least one Rage Clean on my part. I am not doing it all - but I am certainly NOT going to come back to a midden.

So, tomorrow's schedule is;

Bathroom #1 to sparkliness
    Bathroom #2 to sparkliness, including full scrub of floor.

Kitchen
    Countertops cleared/everything binned
    Sink gloop emptied
    Washing up stacked on hob
    Countertops scrubbed with boiling water, washing up liquid and bleach
    Sink scrubbed scrubbed with boiling water, washing up liquid and bleach
    Washing up with near boiling water
    Washing up dried and put away so not one thing remains unwashed
    Hob scrubbed
    Mini freezer transferred to side by SC
    Fridge relocated to vacant space by sink
    Sentient beings in fridge relocated to bin bag.
    Floor scrubbed with boiling water, washing up liquid and bleach. Proper scrubbing brush needed.
    Oven might receive an Oven Pride treatment.
    Tops of appliances cleaned.
    Drums and rubber seals cleaned.

Himself will be sent out for additional cleaning supplies if he doesn't get his **** together and join in and will be in charge of purchasing acceptable foods for the day

Stairs and landing vacuumed

Sunday will be finishing off anything left over downstairs, plus the living room (which needs a perfunctory scoot over) and the bedroom. He is not hiding and moving things from one box to another in the studio whilst watching crappy sitcoms on his laptop all day.

Actually, stuff it - I'm off to the kitchen with a bin bag. Those countertops are going to have a shock. As is he if he isn't back down in the next half hour.

Honeybear I used hand signals all the time with both cats and dogs ever since I was a kid. It made getting them back to me [strike]for a treat[/strike] easy, because a big, two arms in the air and pulling them quickly downwards gesture was really obvious - they all know/knew exactly where I wanted them by a double tap on my lap/sofa/bed/floor - and the signal of a point, 2 circles with the index finger, stop and then move the finger/hand in the direction they need to move in, doesn't really need the 'OFF', but it works. (various pets went blind and deaf; two bashes on the floor summoned the entirely mutton moggie so well that my mother didn't realise the daft thing had been deaf for at least two years before it occurred to her that there was a reason why it would come to me, but not to her :))

I doubt whether any of these bear relation of 'official' sign language for animals, as I made them up when I was about 7, but they work. They're not too bad on children either, strangely enough.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's been a tough week...other stuff going in which caused anxiety and there appears to have been notification of last week's incident to higher persons, but not by me.

I've JUST eaten my tea...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the year gets better for everyone

Towels washed

Slinky challenge gained half lb

Flymarketeers £30 so far
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WM filled with bloody Pixie clothes and OH's work gear.
    DW been on twice.. DD3 got lippy so she got to load it.. that'll teach her!!

OH scared me half to death.. he was over an hour late home and didn't answer his phone so obviously my anxiety said he was dead ... not a happy bunny by the time he did ring... but he is home now.

Folded some towels and sorted the swimming bag for tomorrow.

Achieved absolutely nothing all day except 2 more inches of blanket I am knitting.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

Off to work. Yawwwwnn. Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Full of cold
    Still try to decide if I am well enough for work or not, as I am on the late shift today I still have a couple of hours.
    If I go I need to make my lunch
    Sort kitchen out

Have a good day all
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. You all seem to have been really busy. Interesting posts about the pets - I now need to look up DIY snuffle mats.

Hope that Pixie is on the mend soon.

So my list for today:
    Pick up WI paperwork and then do financial summaries
    Get dog food/door handles/wipers at the big shopping park on the way home
    Out with DD and DH for a couple of hours later

Cooking a 'roast' today - beef is already in the slow cooker.

Right - I must get dressed.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    Hello, may I join you all please? I am new to flylady - always felt like I shouldn't "need" to do flylady as I live alone in a smallish flat and it should be easy for me to keep on top of. Except it isn't, so i am hoping following flylady will mean I can do that! Started by cleaning the limescaley showerhead at 7am...
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome debtfreeforlife.

Door handles ordered on line for delivery so that's one less thing to pick up later. I'm dressed, even have a bit of make up on and the one washload of the day is in the machine.

It's pouring with rain here so can't walk the dogs yet.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport