Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,357 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Monday :)

Throw washed at the launderette, can't believe I forgot to take washing powder with me. Dried in no time in the hot sun and wind.

According to Mr SA we had loads of fence paint. No we haven't the stuff we'd got is so old it's turned to water. So he went to local DIY store and bought some plus an extension lead. He's done one fence panel and made a right mess, paint everywhere including on the throw!! Then he fell on one of the benches and it completely collapsed. Honestly you couldn't make it up.

I've given the kitchen a good clean including the oven but it started getting so hot outside I've had to stop doing jobs and just sit reading my book.

Got to take the dog to the vets tomorrow morning for a check up and booster. Dreading it as I have to muzzle her because she gets a bit snappy with the vet when she starts poking and prodding. Will be glad when it's done.

Hope everyone's had a good day.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Paint on the throw :eek:
    The bench :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Phone line is fixed, wire was out at the exchange, for about a year probably as this was the last time I used the landline. At least now I can ring them free to negotiate a better deal :)

Felt a bit embarrassed as thought they were coming tomorrow and I was sat outside in my nightie drinking gin, well I am on holiday :rotfl:
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Felt a bit embarrassed as thought they were coming tomorrow and I was sat outside in my nightie drinking gin, well I am on holiday :rotfl:

:rotfl: Does that unlock it for the rest of us to do the same? :D

On the other hand, as Beanie said, the throw! the bench! :eek:
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi SA - just read through the last month and a bit of your diary. Wow! Reading it like this has really been an eye opener on how much you get done in your busy life. If I was wearing a hat now I would really take it off to you - full time responsible job, doing everything in the house, managing the finances, eating well, exercising and creating delicious foods - and, er, coping with Mr SA!

Make sure you make plenty of time for yourself next week - get out and see your friends and have some real ME time. Mr SA will have to cope for a few hours on his own.

I really hope you get your wish on the promotions, you deserve it - and if you do, DON'T tell him - keep mum on the extra salary!

Have a good weekend.
    X

Hello, I have also caught up from being AWOL, and just wanted to echo Seasidegal comments I could not say it better myself.

I wanted to add that I remember when you were Unsure as to whether to go for the job you’re now in. So I’m really pleased that you have this confidence to apply for the next grade up. Very best wishes BM
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    You have my permission to drink gin Cherry :)

Mr SA has sort of put the bench back together, he insists a couple of screws will make it safe :eek: Personally I’ll be avoiding sitting on it going forwards :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Crossed posts BM. Yes I know I have the skills and experience for the next grade up, it’s just getting that across on paper. You can be good at applications but not necessarily good at the job which is very frustrating.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Phone line is fixed, wire was out at the exchange, for about a year probably as this was the last time I used the landline. At least now I can ring them free to negotiate a better deal :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mr SA has sort of put the bench back together, he insists a couple of screws will make it safe :eek: Personally I’ll be avoiding sitting on it going forwards :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm sorry - that has cracked me up!

Hope all goes well at the vet's tomorrow and the dog isn't too upset.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Paint on the throw :eek:
    The bench :eek: