Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,689 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a lovely day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    So pleased to hear that Mr SA got the all clear and that his new consultant is so good. That must be such a relief.

Shame about the job, but it’s looking promising going forward.

Hope you both enjoyed your jaunt today.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Hope you had a nice trip out?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,689 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you have your feet up & a glass in your hand :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,544 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Sunday :)

Went for coffee yesterday, free as had enough points on my card :)

Bought a lovely picture for the dining room for £4.99 from a charity shop :)

Went a bit free range with the budget last week but have put the brakes on and it's back on track now. The grocery budget is ok but will have to cut back on the other spends as had to buy paint, then my portable heater stopped working plus I bought Mr SA some joggers and a tshirt from Mr S.

Must get back on it now - and that includes the WW.

Mr SA is back on the pester for some walking poles, although he's going to give me the money for them - £16.

Need to take the dog out now then will do meal plan. Also need to wash the plaster off the woodwork in dining room ready for the painter. Oh and work out a plan to pay for the floor by holiday (still not had a quote back, might have to try someone else as it's been about 6 months!) it won't be cheap.

Have a fab day everyone :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    6 months for a quote :eek:. How long will it take them to do the floor?! :eek:.

Have a lovely day Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I think they forgot Lucky, I should've chased it up a lot sooner. However, other floor shops are available.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Mr SA went to get some paint out of the shed this afternoon and had a nasty fall, he's hurt his back and ribs. There's paint all over the grass and he was covered in mud.

Meal plan for next week done:

Tonight is salmon, potatoes and loads of veg
    Monday - veggie meatballs (using up from freezer)
    Tuesday - quorn lasagne (using up from freezer) and salad
    Wednesday - tuna steak, unidentified bag of something green that looks like lentils (found in freezer) and roast veg
    Thursday - stir fry (my favourite :))
    Friday - fish, butternut squash and swede chips

Aiming for 3 AFDs, 3 lunchtime gym sessions and 2 NSDs next week. Today was NSD 5. Emptied my purse and now have £57 in my pot.

4 day week as taking Friday off, eye test followed by potter round town and lunch with friends.

Need to write 2 more competencies for job on promotion and get them checked this time.

Also need to pull my socks up WW and budget wise, was doing really well but feel I've gone off the boil a bit, disappointed with myself to be honest.
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    oh dear feel for you sa i went to a vegetarian supper last night , Have you tried jack fruit was wonderful x
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is okay. Glad the results where good.

Fingers crossed for the job x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback