Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Poor old Mr SA - he’s definitely been in the wars lately - just getting back to normal and now he’s hurt both back AND ribs!:( Hope he has a comfortable night.

Meal plan and other plans looking good as well.

Don’t beat yourself up too much - it’s hard to keep up the healthy eating this time of year - I’ve failed miserably again this past week!:( you’ll get back into it as well as the budgeting.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,597 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Eeek to Mr SA.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is ok Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,597 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Talking of walking poles I have 'mislaid' one of my walking sticks.
    Luckily a NHS one!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,488 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA has 3 walking sticks, 2 of which are NHS ones. He seems to think the walking poles will help with his balance. He mentioned this to his consultant who just looked at him incredulously and then sympathetically at me! It may well be an accident waiting to happen but he seems to have to learn the hard way. He seems to think the poles will perform miracles.

He's OK generally, just moaning about aches and pains from the fall.

Just watching Dancing on Ice on plus 1 with the remnants of the weekend wine then it's off to bed early to be fresh for the week ahead.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope MrSA gets better soon , poor man , must have hurt.

Your meal plan sounds good , I have been eating junk for 2 months or so it seems.

Have a good week.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,624 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not surprised you've gone off spendy and foody wise.....remember what you are doing......coping fantastically with Mr S and all his falls, living through plasterers and painters and working full time - I'm not doing half that and I fall off the wagons - remember to give yourself some slack :T:T

Got a shock myself at the price of paint - my dh was in bad books though so buying the paint was his contribution to painting the shelving in my hal::pp
    January spends - £587.58
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Have a lovely day SA

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor Mr SA. :( And poor grass... though I expect the colour will grow out. :)

Hope Mr SA gets past the aches & pains soon.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,488 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's Monday done - again.

The painter has let us down at the last minute, his van has broken down and he might not be able to get this week. Not sure if this is just an excuse. Mr SA is insisting he can do the painting himself if he takes it steady :eek:

Of course this would mean I'd be doing the painting as he can't climb up ladders, then there's his bad back!

Got Mr SA's walking poles for £10 from Sports Direct so saved him £6. He's overjoyed with them and to hear him talk they perform miracles and he'll be running marathons any time soon! I'm keeping out of it.

Declaring today NSD 6 as it was Mr SA's money spent and AFD 3.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback