Leeds Building Society Regular Saver (Issue 4)

Options

Comments

• GreenBitterfly
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    start of contact/recorded message says maturing funds on 1/2 will be transferred close of business 4/2

Hope nobody is relying on their matured funds for anything, as that's not what was in the original maturity letter. Slightly disappointed with Leeds Building Society for the delay.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Hope nobody is relying on their matured funds for anything, as that's not what was in the original maturity letter. Slightly disappointed with Leeds Building Society for the delay.

Indeed - if that IS the case it's different information to the letter which is very naughty.

Best make sure I have some money in my current account as I would've have been overdrawn from a internal standing order that's due to be taken tomorrow and I'd assumed that this Leeds maturity funds would have covered that.

Thanks to castle for the heads-up.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    best bit of advice I ever got was " NEVER NEVER NEVER trust ANYONE when it comes to money" ! Wonder if interest for Sat/Sun will be added. Hey ho, already spent it all already
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    best bit of advice I ever got was " NEVER NEVER NEVER trust ANYONE when it comes to money" ! Wonder if interest for Sat/Sun will be added. Hey ho, already spent it all already

Should show up today from yesterday. But apparently online only updates after midnight.
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    Indeed - if that IS the case it's different information to the letter which is very naughty.

I was always suspicious of the wording in the letter anyway!

It didn't say "we will" transfer on the 1st Feb, but rather "we aim" to transfer.

That put doubt in my mind but I did expect it to turn up.
  • aj23_2
    Options
    I'll probably leave a £1 in it so it keeps it open. That way any future savings or prospective mortgage applications means I won't have to go through ID check again.
  • Elvie100
    Elvie100 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Interest for Aug 2017 and Aug 2018 has been added. Pretty sure that was not there before...just the final interest to be added then. Was expecting it to be moved today from the letter, but have kept enough in my Santander Lite to cover the RS payments to the other accounts today thank goodness.
    Was MFW#60 - mortgage paid off December 2021
  • aj23_2
    Options
    Elvie100 wrote: »
    Interest for Aug 2017 and Aug 2018 has been added. Pretty sure that was not there before...just the final interest to be added then. Was expecting it to be moved today from the letter, but have kept enough in my Santander Lite to cover the RS payments to the other accounts today thank goodness.

They would have been added 1 Sept 2017 and 2018 respectively. We've all had that. My passbook was updated with each transaction.
  • Elvie100
    Elvie100 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah ok. Did not notice it when checking how much I had put in to date in January. Ta.

Did not go in with my passbook at all.
    Was MFW#60 - mortgage paid off December 2021
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    I was always suspicious of the wording in the letter anyway!

It didn't say "we will" transfer on the 1st Feb, but rather "we aim" to transfer.
    I wonder if that is just to cover themselves for the usual 'by the end of the next working day' deadline for FP transfers? That would coincide with CoB on 4/2.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport