Leeds Building Society Regular Saver (Issue 4)

Options

Comments

• aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I hope it's been added today because I want to make a withdrawal tomorrow haha don't want to have to do two.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Three weeks ago before maturity letter arrived I asked for this account to be closed on 31 January with funds sent to nominated account which Leeds BS had previously used.

I received a phone call a few days later asking me to confirm nominated account details previously used by Leeds BS were correct, I was assured account would be closed on 31 January, nothing has arrived in my Bank Account, I have put a complaint in.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As far as I'm aware, Leeds BS use BACS to send payments from matured reg savers to nominated current accounts with other banks - this is based on a recent issue that matured 2 months ago.

For those who sent maturity instructions, they would have processed payments today via BACS so I don't think we'll see funds appear until Monday or even Tuesday.

Patience is a virtue.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • acc
    acc Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The Leeds maturity letter states for external electronic funds transfers
    "Your funds will be in the account requested by 5 pm on the next working day"
    so the funds should be received by 5 pm on Monday 4 Feb.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    A phonecall earlier confirmed that the amount has left my account and the.amount of interest and that it would be in my account by cop Monday.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checked my account it's now listed as a closed account and BACS has been sent 1/2.

£70.94 Interest added to account 1/2.
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £69.84 interest...... waste of time, iv'e closed my last two accounts with leed's, not worth the effort, i'm going to seek out more 5% reg savers instead and put some in p2p.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stehouk wrote: »
    £69.84 interest...... waste of time, iv'e closed my last two accounts with leed's, not worth the effort, i'm going to seek out more 5% reg savers instead and put some in p2p.

That's 5 months interest, not a whole year.
  • Nardge
    Nardge Posts: 246 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2019 at 1:01PM
    Options
    stehouk wrote: »

I've yet to check my Leeds 4 online, I'll do so shortly...

Copy/pasting this my previous below message, as it's sad that people waste their time with lousy accounts!
    P2P is also an avenue I've pursued, though remember capital is potentially at risk...
    Don't invest more than 10% of your assets, and do diversify across six or more platforms.
    You could come and join us on the P2P discussion forum :)

"Good afternoon,

As for me mine will mature at £6354.35 (excluding final interest) on 01/02/19.

I also had the Issue 3 (prior to closure), and the Issue 15 continues (I'm unsure if it remains available to newcomers).

If you don't already have them, consider the 5% Regular Savers with First Direct, HSBC, Nationwide, and Marks & Spencers, and whilst you'll need their linked current accounts to access these, you can open them all simply by moving money around in a circle on the same date every month (See the now archived 'Bank Savings Loophole'). Lloyds is the next best at 2.5% (recent drop from 3%)

Alternatively or in addition, for those conversant with apps, consider CHIP. Provided you do what is necessary, you could find yourselves with up to £10K earning 5%/year... (though admittedly it isn't under the auspices of the FSCS for now (CHIP have yet to become a bank)), though are FCA regulated.

With Kind Regards"

With Kind Regards
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    £69.84 1/2/19 & £30.41 interest added 31/8/18, so yes you are right but not exactly mind blowing for an investment of just over £7k, and yes i know the whole 7k hasn't been invested for a full year but i personally don't think it is worth the effort anymore.
    I have 2 nationwide 5% 2 first direct 5%, i did have santander at 5% until they dropped it to 3%, i.cannot get the hsbc (they keep declining me the advance account don't know why) going to try m&s next.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure