Cheap Ryanair Flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• MaxTheDog_2
    Options
    just out of interest, how far in advance did you book?

Not sure if its any help but I flew to Reus and back in the half term holiday a couple of weeks ago on £5 promo flights but the flights were on a Tues and Thurs, the promo fares werent available for any Sat/Sun flights, booked 2 months in advance.

If your looking to save money/cheap break at half term, what people do is fly out on thurs/fri and then come back in half term on the thurs/fri etc. If you have children it does involve them breaking up for 1/2 term a day or so early.
  • hrvoon
    hrvoon Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ryanair's £1 flight deal has now finished but they've replaced it with a £5 oneway offer that expires Monday at midnight. Look for fares with free online check in as other fares will incur taxes etc on top - online fares are the amount you will pay per sector.

I know they're not great to fly with but if like me you have to make these journeys and can't afford another alternative, at least pay the minimum you have to with them!

ps Halifax are still doing they're Easycash accounts where you can get a Visa Electron as I applied a month or two ago and got one specifically knowing that I would need to book quite a few flights....
  • colddays
    Options
    My fare has just worked more expensive with ryanair then aer lingus:mad:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    colddays wrote: »
    My fare has just worked more expensive with ryanair then aer lingus:mad:

And?

Ryanair offered you a flight at x price. You accepted x price - therefore, what's the issue?
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just found this over on HUKD, sorry if it's been posted before.

b3k2n9.jpg
  • whatmichaelsays
    Options
    A really quick question.

I'm flying to Dublin on Saturday with hand luggage only. The bags that we are using are well within the height limit of 50cm (they're around 42-44cm), within the width of 40cm but they are deeper than the 20cm limit (around 24-26cm).

My gut tells me that the staff are unlikely to flag that up - it's a small holdall-style bag (it will probably shape into the cage anyway) and I can't imagine that RA staff will be overly bothered about checking 180+ bags to catch people out by a couple of cm's, but does anybody have a similar experience?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for a cheap, quick day trip from London.
    Out two eldest are keen to go on an aeroplane so I'm looking to book a trip for them and my wife, who would also love it.
    Have been looking at Bremen, but the gap between going out and coming back is a bit long. (We've got a small baby, so my wife won't want to be gone for too long.)

Does anyone know anywhere where they'd get a couple of hours to look around before coming back? Germany would be ideal, but anywhere that doesn't take too long to get to would be fine.
  • lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    How about going over to Dublin, or even up to Liverpool? It's a short trip, so not too long and only a few hours and you can fly back. The returns are a lot more frequent too.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    lufcgirl wrote: »
    How about going over to Dublin, or even up to Liverpool? It's a short trip, so not too long and only a few hours and you can fly back. The returns are a lot more frequent too.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Can't get a £2 fare on a weekend (moon on a stick, perhaps?!) on the way back for Dublin, or anywhere in Ireland.
    They don't go to Liverpool from London.

Frankfurt Hahn might work. They'd arrive there at 9:15am and leave at 11:50am (all local times). When would they need to be back at the airport for the 11:50 departure?
    I know that Hahn is miles away from Frankfurt, but is there a small town they could get a bus to, or even just some shops to go to?

I'm starting to wonder whether what I want is going to be possible. To give them enough time there, but not be away for too long, while not costing much.
    Maybe I'd be better to wait for the next sale. Or do you think Hahn might work? Sort of depends what's there at / near the airport.
  • lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    If the distance is as bad as everyone says it is, I wouldn't bother. Especially with a child your just adding more and more time to the journey with less time in the actual place itself.

I just found £4 return on Sat 16th January from Stanstead to Belfast City, thats only a short flight and pretty close to the city centre too. Choice of flights there and back. You could fly out at 8.15am and come back at 15.10 so a good four hours or so shopping and lunch, or theres a later flight too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure