Cheap Ryanair Flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• joolesw1972
    Options
    Hi anyone know how often Ryanair offers v cheap flights throughout the year? We want to go to Cork (from London) in one of school hols next year but not the summer break. Have all the cheap deals already finished or a reasonable chance they could offer last minute deals? We rarely fly so I haven't a clue.

I know there's no guarantees but anyone using Ryanair on this route frequently or in the know generally? Don't know whether to book Feb now at more money that I'd hoped would cost or wait til later in case cheaper deals for any of the hols before summer. We are on a very, very tight budget but coaches etc out as have young children.

any info at all really really appreciated
    TIA

Don't know about London but we fly Liverpool to Cork 5 or 6 times a year, cheap flight offers come up every couple of weeks, but the offers vary, £1 flights, £5 flights £10 flights etc. The offer is usualy valid for the following 2 to 3 months. If we want the cheap flights we usually book Thursday to Monday, but if you need to fly on specific dates or want to go on a Friday check out other airlines such as Aerlingus or BMI baby.

Hope that's some help?
    "Normal is not something to aspire to - it is something to get away from" - Jodie Foster
  • joolesw1972
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say - sign up for their email newsletter, then you'll get to know when the cheap flights are on.
    "Normal is not something to aspire to - it is something to get away from" - Jodie Foster
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bengt wrote: »
    I thought school holidays usually were blacked out, meaning promotion prices would not be available.

They are usually headlined as blacked out but I have had a couple of promo flights during half-term, so always worth trying the dates you want rather than rely on the offer page.
  • savingqueen
    savingqueen Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't know about London but we fly Liverpool to Cork 5 or 6 times a year, cheap flight offers come up every couple of weeks, but the offers vary, £1 flights, £5 flights £10 flights etc. The offer is usualy valid for the following 2 to 3 months. If we want the cheap flights we usually book Thursday to Monday, but if you need to fly on specific dates or want to go on a Friday check out other airlines such as Aerlingus or BMI baby.

Hope that's some help?

thanks , have already tried all possible airlines/routes and nothing cheap enough. Were going to take car on ferry but they don't sail to Cork any more and no crossings from Jan to July, although have Sept to early Jan which has flumoxed me somewhat!
  • jdnotts
    Options
    I JUST PAID £0.02 RETURN TO BERLIN AND HAD A BRILLIANT TIME I WOULD'NT HAVE GONE IF IT WAS £100:rotfl:
  • carolineb23
    Options
    I'm looking to book flight on the current 1 million seats at £5 offer on the ryanair site and I can't get it to work! I'm travelling in january, after the blackout period ends, the site is showing birmingham to prague as £5 but when I go to book the taxes and charge are being added. Also, if there is a £5 charge for online check in, can I check in at the airport free?I have a feeling the answer will be no, but I don't understand how they can charge for something you have to do,charging to pay by credit card, take bags etc is a bit different as you don't have to do these. Can anyone help?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I can't find any £5 flights for you I'm afraid you may need to look at another destination for a £5 flight. If you find the offer flights there will be no added taxes or online check in charge.
  • Drea2904
    Drea2904 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    I was in Malaga at half term (english) for a £2 flight so they do sometimes allocate these flights free also. Most airporst are all using online check-in for Ryanair, I dont think you can select check-in by person anymore and if you can it will be a lot more than £5. The promotional flights wil have free online check in and no taxes/charges.
    :money: giving me & my darling boys a better cheaper life :o:A
  • carolineb23
    Options
    Ok thank you both for your help. We aren't fixed to specific dates or even locations so we'll have another look around!
  • lily_the_pink
    Options
    Drea2904 wrote: »
    I was in Malaga at half term (english) for a £2 flight so they do sometimes allocate these flights free also. Most airporst are all using online check-in for Ryanair, I dont think you can select check-in by person anymore and if you can it will be a lot more than £5. The promotional flights wil have free online check in and no taxes/charges.
    just out of interest, how far in advance did you book?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure