Options

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 January 2019 at 1:05PM
    Options
    Just a light-hearted comment for the festive season Gerry1;

I am guessing that you must live in Lilliput where one inch is 2.54 mm.
    Here in Engand it is 25.4

I've enjoyed your posts, keep up the good work,
    Happy New Year
    Whoops - I'm an inchipede ! :D

A reminder to everyone trying to compare E7 tariffs: Beware deliberately false quotations if you get them directly from websites such as British Gas / Sainsburys, Places for People Energy and many others.

Honest companies ask you to input your Night and Day readings separately; that's the only way that they can give an accurate quotation. But these dodgy companies cheat (as did Iresa, One Select etc) by asking only for the total consumption, and then choosing to make a completely arbitrary and unjustified assumption about the Night percentage, perhaps 55% but sometimes as absurdly high as 70%.

The result is that they'll win your business by deception if your night usage is low. So don't believe their lies, do the sums yourself and see just how much more you'd end up paying.

Ofgem CEO {Edited by Forum Team} has known about this {Edited by Forum Team} for more than two years but has done nothing to stop it. :mad:
  • bbinvest
    Options
    Economy Seven Energy - BEWARE!

I moved to them in July, but after building up a credit balance over the summer, was unhappy to have my DDs hiked for the winter. I emailed but never got a proper response, so moved supplier. Due to my credit balance, I cancelled my DD through Santander at the end of November. I got an email from Eco7 on 4th Dec telling me I'd cancelled my DD. I emailed back to say I was moving supplier, that my switch date was 21.12.18 and that I had an adequate credit balance to cover my remaining usage.

My switch took place on 21.12.18 and my new supplier took my first month's payment on that date. Economy Seven Energy say in their FAQ that following a switch they will refund any credit balance.

Did they?

No, they re-instated my DD and took £87 from my Santander a/c on 11 Jan 2019, and have raised a bill on 10 Jan 2019 which shows actual readings and usage up to my switch date, and then estimated usage from that date to 10 Jan. Crooks!

I will be ringing them in the morning, and have emailed Santander asking for an explanation of how a DD can be collected over a month after I cancelled it, and asking for a full and immediate refund under the DD guarantee. :mad:
  • nharrild
    Options
    Switched to Eco 7 via MSE as prices were good, package was confirmed as FIXED D/D, 2 weeks later they confirmed set up as VARIABLE D/D, all requests to stay on fixed ignored, cannot contact by phone or email, eventually switched out to other supplier
  • Benjimoron
    Options
    Hi all,

I joined Economy Seven Energy about 2 months ago. I have noticed that the price has gone up since but I haven't received any notification. I've received a reply from them just now to say that it was emailed to me, I have asked for a forwarded copy to somewhat verify this. Have they increased the prices but not actually notified their customers? What prices do you think you should be charged at present?
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Benjimoron wrote: »
    Hi all,

I joined Economy Seven Energy about 2 months ago. I have noticed that the price has gone up since but I haven't received any notification. I've received a reply from them just now to say that it was emailed to me, I have asked for a forwarded copy to somewhat verify this. Have they increased the prices but not actually notified their customers? What prices do you think you should be charged at present?

Check your spam box
    There was a price change effective the beginning of January.
  • Benjimoron
    Options
    Thanks, I checked spam box and did a search etc. It definitely isn't there and never has been. It looks as though maybe I joined at just the right time where my account didn't get loaded on to the system until after the email had been produced or something like that.

It seems though the majority did get their email and mine was missed out somehow, which is why I'd like to see their forwarded copy, as I don't believe they can produce one genuinely.
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    I have been with E7E since April 2018, and as with all companies they have increased their prices. It always annoys when any company does this, however it has to be compared to what other companies are doing before we complain.
    Yes the DD debacle was a huge mistake, and adjustments should have been made individually, and cautiously, not as it happened, However I rode out the storm which followed, eventually getting answers to all my emails, and we are now getting back to normal service.
    I feel they are still one of the cheapest, and I am happy at the moment giving them a chance to get back to where we were at nine months ago.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Benjimoron wrote: »
    Thanks, I checked spam box and did a search etc. It definitely isn't there and never has been. It looks as though maybe I joined at just the right time where my account didn't get loaded on to the system until after the email had been produced or something like that.

It seems though the majority did get their email and mine was missed out somehow, which is why I'd like to see their forwarded copy, as I don't believe they can produce one genuinely.

Check they have the correct email address for you.
    When they resend it, it would go to the same, possibly incorrect, email address unless you tell them otherwise.

Unlikely they would have singled you out not to receive the mass emailing they sent to all other affected customers.
  • Benjimoron
    Options
    I have the various welcome emails, the emails saying they're not going to change to the winter DD collection anymore and their reply from my complaint so they've got my correct email address and their emails have all arrived in the inbox, none have gone to spam. I realise they won't have singled me out, but I think due to the time I signed up my address probably wasn't added to the list in time or something like that.

I have asked them to forward me the email that they sent me, they have so far failed to do so.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Your January bill will show you the new rates you are paying
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills