Economy Seven Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• WhyohWhy
    Options
    Informative email from them this morning. I had already decided not to jump ship anyway as they are so much cheaper for me than anyone else but this gives me some reassurance that they are taking the feedback responsibly. I'm also pleased to note they won't charge if you cancel your DD when your account is in credit as this is a way of keeping on top of the excessive DDs they have put in place for a lot of people.
  • Dane1980
    Options
    I commenced a switch last night after they instructed me that my DD would be increasing to £103 a month from end of December despite me providing 2 years of monthly reading showing that my monthly usage was around £55 during the winter months (based on most recent E7E tariff).

Not left with much option given they havent responded my my emails over the past 2 weeks highlighting that I would be switching and cancelling my DD if they werent prepared to abide by the previous agreed amounts of £83 (w) and £36 (s).

I could get over the different amounts to cover winter and summer usage - thats fine, even the increase in variable rate as it was still cheap, but to impose nearly double the amount on my DD is too much so Ive now opted for the security of a fixed rate with another supplier :)
  • olympusmegavolt
    olympusmegavolt Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 25 December 2018 at 9:48PM
    Options
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    Hate to say this, but in your example they're pretty much correct !

1 inch is exactly 2.54mm. That gives a conversion ratio of 2.8316846592, which makes your consumption 212.37634944 cubic metres. Or 212.4 to four significant figures...

Just a light-hearted comment for the festive season Gerry1;

I am guessing that you must live in Lilliput where one inch is 2.54 mm.
    Here in Engand it is 25.4

I've enjoyed your posts, keep up the good work,
    Happy New Year
  • WhyohWhy
    Options
    Glad to see they've ditched their seasonal DDs. At least the company seem to be responding to customers unlike some of the others in the market. I think they are right in saying they can see seasonal DDs being the norm in the future.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I've just tried to access the website at:
    https://www.economysevenenergy.co.uk (as per the last email that I received from them) and it takes me to a placeholder page. Have they gone under?
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 January 2019 at 5:34PM
    Options
    itm2 wrote: »
    I've just tried to access the website at:
    www.economysevenenergy.co.uk (as per the last email that I received from them) and it takes me to a placeholder page. Have they gone under?

This is their website address ;)

https://www.economyseven.co.uk/

This was mentioned as early as post#4 of this thread
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    This is their website address ;)

https://www.economyseven.co.uk/

This was mentioned as early as post#4 of this thread

Thanks. I've sent them an email to let them know not to send bogus links out in the future.
  • thefsg
    thefsg Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 January 2019 at 6:09PM
    Options
    They stopped trading yesterday. As a new poster I'm not allowed to put in a URL (even an MSE one). But search for "Economy Energy going bust" or similar in Google (or similar) and you'll see the news from 8th January 2019.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thefsg wrote: »
    They stopped trading yesterday. As a new poster I'm not allowed to put in a URL (even an MSE one). But search for "Economy Energy going bust" or similar in Google (or similar) and you'll see the news from 8th January 2019.

This thread is about Economy Seven Energy NOT Economy Energy.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    This thread is about Economy Seven Energy NOT Economy Energy.

What's even more confusing is that I would have thought the poster would have known that, as the poster has already previously posted twice in the feedback thread for Economy Seven Energy ... and appaers to be a customer since February 2018.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74693915#post74693915

Or were they really a customer of Economy Energy???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback