Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• typistretired
    Options
    We will just have to wait and see - but for years I have advised a relative who has their salary paid into an ordinary Lloyds Account to open a Club Lloyds Account and explained the interest and the perks of free cinema tickets etc but to no avail some just like to stay with their old accounts
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • typistretired
    Options
    madlyn wrote: »
    I have their plain old Flex Account.
    I hope you are going to open the flexdirect account then getting 5% on your £2k and any extra you can put into the account up to £2,500 it can be opened quickly online.
  • typistretired
    Options
    I have both the flex account (joint) and the flexdirect account and fund them monthly as required by their terms and conditions as I receive free travel insurance for now on the flex and the 5% on the flexdirect
  • madlyn
    madlyn Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I may do. My main priority was doing something with the cash I have lying around.
    SPC 037
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My main priority was doing something with the cash I have lying around.

If paid into a Flexdirect current account (and you fund that account with at least £1000 a month from outside a Nationwide account), then you can earn 5% on the whole £2000 from the outset for a year and 1% after that

You could have your salary paid into the Flexdirect current account and then transfer out to the Flexaccount if required.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope you are going to open the flexdirect account then getting 5% on your £2k and any extra you can put into the account up to £2,500 it can be opened quickly online.
    I also hope you will use the Nationwide Refer A Friend scheme to open your FlexDirect https://www.nationwide.co.uk/about/recommend-a-friend/terms-and-conditions

If you don't have a friend who can refer you, check the MSE Referrer's board. There are always plenty of people offering their help with it.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received my maturity letter today.

No new Members only Regular Saver offered so will close it on maturity on the 9th of November. Instructions can be given online via "youraccount" or by post and remember to cancel your Standing Order if you've already made 12 payments. Max balance is £3000 so no 13th payment allowed.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    No new Members only Regular Saver offered
    Yes, disappointing isn't it!

Ever optimistic, I'm hoping that they'll announce a replacement on the anniversary of the original - 8th November, on the grounds that they couldn't offer a replacement for maturing accounts now as that would be pre-announcing!
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I was just researching the Cumberland Building Society's Regular Saver, and noticed that it is only available to those who live within their operating area :- Cumbria (all CA and LA postcodes), South-West Scotland (all DG postcodes and TD9), West Northumberland (NE45-49) and North Lancashire (all PR, FY, LA AND BB1-3 and BB5-7).

So even if you can get to a branch (e.g. while holidaying in the Lake District), you can only open the account if you live in one of these postcodes.

Might be worth pointing this out in Post #5?
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Already mentioned in post #5, not explicitiy though

"Special conditions: You must have a Cumberland BS current account."

Unless you are living where a branch of a Cumberland BS in your area where you live exist, you cannot open a Cumberland BS current account.
    I can't see how that covers it at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport