Orbis £100 match offer - Now Ended

Options

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 1:37PM
    Options
    Yeah I just feel the need to caveat and criticise my own posts as I worry random others might not have all the background and just take it on face value.
  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 20 January 2018 at 1:58PM
    Options
    margaretx9 wrote: »
    Just to be clear on the terms. I appreciate you have to remain invested for a year or they can claw the £100 bonus back. But can you withdraw the £100 bonus - and leave your £100 investment still there or do you need to keep the whole £200 invested for a year.

Sorry if it's been explained elsewhere?

s7 in the terms: Matched investments (together with any gains made on them) must remain invested in the New JISA Account, New ISA Account or New Standard Investment Account (as applicable) for a minimum of one year from the date of investment.

edit: to me, the terms imply 'matched investments' means initial sum plus matched bonus. That's not 100% from the wording though, you could take a view that s.6 contradicts that, so I guess you could call and ask
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • Alexland
    edited 20 January 2018 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Lomcevak wrote: »
    s7 in the terms: Matched investments (together with any gains made on them) must remain invested in the New JISA Account, New ISA Account or New Standard Investment Account (as applicable) for a minimum of one year from the date of investment.

It's plural so I assume they mean both pairs of the match.

That would probably also stop someone selling back to cash for the year. You need to take risk with both your and their money.

Switching should be ok as there is no period the money is not invested. Still it might be worth checking with online chat person. I have switched in the Junior ISA (under previous T&C's) and noone came back to me asking for the bonus back and the monthly statement says my son is still in fee-free units. Just can't switch them after 12 months without loosing status.
  • buyhighselllow
    buyhighselllow Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 January 2018 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Just taken a punt with this x 2 ( me and wife ) one fund each via standard investment. Happy to hold long term, seems like a no brainer to me if I can cop the match...However the confirmation email says processing the payment can take 1-3 working days..I hope the fact we opened before the 22nd and placed the order qualifies us ?
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • Alexland
    edited 20 January 2018 at 2:10PM
    Options
    However the confirmation email says processing the payment can take 1-3 working days..I hope the fact we opened before the 22nd and placed the order qualifies us ?

That's my reading of the terms but others might want to confirm if they agree or not. I don't get the feeling they will be too picky on the payment date as they are offering it for initiating ISA transfers that can take weeks. I think they are just trying to get people to try their platform in the hope they have a good experience and contribute more. If the online chat person works weekends they might be able to confirm for you?
  • buyhighselllow
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    That's my reading of the terms but others might want to confirm if they agree or not. I don't get the feeling they will be too picky on the payment date as they are offering it for initiating ISA transfers that can take weeks. I think they are just trying to get people to try their platform in the hope they have a good experience and contribute more. If the online chat person works weekends they might be able to confirm for you?

" provided that the investment order is
    placed on or before 22 January 2018
    "...so should be OK :j
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Taken a punt on this, £100 in the global equities fund. Thanks OP.
  • Alexland
    edited 23 January 2018 at 12:07AM
    Options
    " provided that the investment order is
    placed on or before 22 January 2018
    "...so should be OK :j

Offer is no longer on their website so I have updated title to show it has ended.
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for this Alexland, I got in yesterday so just in the nick of time!
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,247 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this Alexland, I got in yesterday so just in the nick of time!
    I also got in yesterday, after confirming via online chat that I would still qualify for the offer.

Can I ask those who've applied for this offer to report back on this thread when the bonus has been added to their account?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback