Orbis £100 match offer - Now Ended

Options

Comments

• Mogley
    Mogley Posts: 250 Forumite
    Options
    My bonus is showing as pending this morning. I placed my original order on the 19th January. I'm showing 21p up. Yipee.
    You should pay attention to the needs of the moment - otherwise there is no future. But to ignore the future is foolish - living solely for the moment leaves nothing for when the next moment arrives.
  • a_silver_lining
    Options
    That’s super, thank you Mallygirl :)
    19/12/14: Spent 10 years of savings!!
    :heart2: ..... to buy my first home. :heart2:
    11K OP 31.03.19

Current goal: €151,000 deposit Ireland and counting, to buy Spring 2022 we hope!
  • Rheumatoid
    Options
    Mine has been added. wife up 13p, me up 26 :D
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • mamabuddah
    Options
    Bonus added yesterday
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • Wobblydeb
    Wobblydeb Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I only applied and put in my £100 on the 22nd. Did anyone else do this, and already got the £100 bonus?

I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.
  • BeerMoney
    Options
    I did the same Wobblydeb, not yet received the £100.....
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it's not there on Monday then logon in working hours and ask the online chat person when you should expect it. They definitely still had the offer on the homepage on the 22nd.
  • buyhighselllow
    Options
    I invested £100 each for myself and my wife last Saturday ( one in each fund ). Both were matched in the week. Although a bit irrelevant, but for info, one is up£1.66, the other £1.84, which is nice
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 January 2018 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Although a bit irrelevant, but for info, one is up£1.66, the other £1.84, which is nice

Although we shouldn't judge a fund manager on very short term performance, according to YouInvest data Orbis Equity normal units have a YTD return of 2.81% compared to VLS100 at 1.79%, Fundsmith at 0.61% or Fidelity World at 0.42% so there is something different going on inside the Orbis funds.

I still feel more comfortable in mainstream multi asset funds (as the performance maps back to whole markets) but I look at my son's return from the Junior ISA fee-free units with envy. I might stick a bit more in my wife's Orbis ISA to start building up a pot for if we have a second child.
  • Be_In_That_Number
    Options
    Hi Alexland

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for flagging this. I've signed up and the bonus is on my account already.

Thanks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure