PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Love food hate Waste Part two for 2018 :)

Options

Comments

• LIzzieM
    LIzzieM Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

My mom came round for lunch on Thursday and I made a salad with salmon and stilton. All the salmon went as there was not much in the packet, however there was quite a bit of stilton left. I had some of it yesterday with some LO vegetable rice and more salad and the last bits have gone in the freezer for broccoli and stilton soup for next week (when my mom comes round again!) I did have to throw some of the vegetable rice away as I didn't want to risk keeping it another day.

I also cut up a rather ripe avacado this morning and had a quarter of it on toast. I plan to use half with salad for lunch and the last quarter as a face mask this afternoon :)
    Attempting £40 grocery only for the month of October.
    Let's see....
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Stopped myself calling at Aldi as I passed, eating L.O. from yesterday today, planning a lasagne tomorrow with an aubergine and courgette, will then be totally out of fresh veggies.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    joedenise I love my local Dobbies and they have a great restaurant there, i have coffee there most Tuesday mornings , plus there dili is rather nice and often have great reductions ,especially in the meat dept. My £10.00 per year card gets me two hot drinks per month ( worth £72) plus lots of discounts throughout the year
  • LIzzieM
    Options
    Hello pamsdish - will you be substituting the aubergine for pasta?
    Let's see....
  • LIzzieM
    Options
    Evening everybody,

I used up the final portion of cottage pie tonight, and a cheeky slice (or two, it did need using up!) of swiss roll. Managed to avoid cracking open the haribos (even though once I've done that there'll be no waste whatsoever!)
    ;)
    Let's see....
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Options
    LIzzieM wrote: »
    Hello pamsdish - will you be substituting the aubergine for pasta?
    Yes I try to eat as low carb as I can.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Some wiggle room in a freezer as we had the remaining 3 portions of cottage pie & half a bag of frozen green beans for last night’s dinner.
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • LIzzieM
    Options
    Hello everybody,

Used up some raggedy salad, half a lurking onion, a wonky carrot with a handful of pasta 'bits' (plus store cupboard passata and butter beans) to make a minestrone. One portion for tonight, two more for lunches :)

Oh, and if any of you kind people could point me in the right direction to insert quotes I be really appreciative. I've cracked the signature, bold and colour lark, but would really like to be able to do this.
    Thanks in advance! Lizzie :)
    Let's see....
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,694 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2019 at 11:26PM
    Options
    pamsdish wrote: »
    Yes I try to eat as low carb as I can.

When I was at school many moons ago our cookery teacher who was a great inspiration gave us a recipe for moussaka, well her version anyway. She used potatoes or aubergines.
    We made a bolognese sauce, then we layered it up with aubergines which we had grilled. Then the sauce on top was a small tub of yogurt, the same of milk, a beaten egg and grated cheese. Poured over the top and baked.
    Some of us used sliced baked potatoes instead of aubergines.

I remember taking it home and my family loved it

I made a big pan full of soup, cauliflower, celery, broccoli and kale, leftover cream cream cheese with chives and some cheddar. It is really nice but 7 portions. Husband moaned that he doesn't like creamy soup and it's the middle of summer.
  • Mummy2cheekymonkeys
    Options
    I made a foccacia on Friday that was starting to go stale but didn't want it going to waste so I cut what was left into cubes. Tossed it in some olive oil and baked in the oven to make some croutons which I had with some tomato soup for lunch yesterday. It was really tasty and definitely livened up the basics tomato soup. Today I want to make some along and plum crumble slices to use some of the plums from the garden.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback