PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Sorry to hear the viewing didn't work out PN- onwards and upwards as they say:)
    The weather here is obviously aiming for as many seasons has it can fit into a few hours, we've had everything bar snow/sleet but I wouldn't be surprised... :rotfl:
    Groceries have been delivered and stashed so I'm well-stocked again.:D
    The next few days will be mainly heads down with the out of school club accounts so they can get signed off for another year. Most of it's very straightforward but there's always a couple of things that require a bit of digging to unravel!
    Some progress has been made re the glitch on my Dad's sale so worth my detective work yesterday as the council are now playing ball though not commiting to any timescales. We'll see, but the buyer's lawyers may be happy to exchange missives on the understanding we take responsibility for chasing them if needed.
    Pasta leftovers for lunch and a junky dinner of chicken & mushroom pie, oven chips, peas & beans.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    ....and a junky dinner of chicken & mushroom pie, oven chips, peas & beans.

There's nothing "junky" about a good, filling, hot, pie chips and side :)

Proper belly filling food; good for mental health and well-being :)

Lettuce is depressing. :)

I envy you your dinner. I got overwhelmed in Iceland, so chose poorly.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm having mashed potatoes and carrots, a Linda McC Lincolnshire sausage, baked beans and grilled tomatoes for lunch.

I've never tried these sausages before as they are quite new.
    candygirl wrote: »
    Sounds lush hun :p I've just had egg on toast for late brekky, n have made spicy lentil n tomato soup for tea.Back on WW;):o

I've completely fallen off the wagon with WW!:D
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,326 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I hate Friday in L's now the weekend offers start today:( No longer the quite shuffle round with only a few kids in till queue, includes people doing "big shop" now, hate it but expect I'll continue for the moment, just for the convenient location on way to volunteering

Only YS was 20p rolls, so got them, plus Brie which I'd used and not replenished

At least sun's out

Lunch was couple of the YS rolls, with cheese & cuc

Dinner, defrosting a salmon fillet, so that plus use up salad, including "depressing lettuce" PN :p

Sorry to hear about the house PN, and did I read right? waiting for Ic*land delivery? Good idea if combined shopping with others, I'd get it delivered as well

Wednesday, Linda M bangers are nice, there seems to be sale offers on them, I was tempted yesterday but never bought because I'd be in banger surplus.Wishing I had now
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

Wednesday, Linda M bangers are nice, there seems to be sale offers on them, I was tempted yesterday but never bought because I'd be in banger surplus.Wishing I had now

It was lovely. I like the red onion ones too.:)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2019 at 9:30AM
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    .... did I read right? waiting for Ic*land delivery? Good idea if combined shopping with others, I'd get it delivered as well

Yes. You shop instore and if it's £25 minimum they deliver free. You choose a 2 hour slot and they text you when it's 30 minutes from arriving. It's a same day/very local delivery area.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    I can only eat the LM sausages cold, with HP sauce on, otherwise they taste too meaty for me_pale__pale__pale_
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • caronc
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Apologies PN- my dinner tonight could have been better described as a "here's one someone else made earlier" but it's "junky" in my mind as it will push me well over the recommended daily salt level which I generally stick to. Regardless of the description I am looking forward to it.:) Good idea to split the delivery with your housemate, while shared living has it downsides that's a definite plus.:D

I partial to a L McC red onion and rosemary and the burgers are ok (though I think I my HM ones are better;)). When it comes to bangers of any description I'll happily eat them hot or cold :D.

It's blooming cold here tonight - just the right weather for a pie. ;)This afternoon I got some of the admin tackled and also cleaned the inside of my bedroom window as it was manky :o. Annoyingly there is a small corner near the top that I just couldn't reach today so will try again when I'm feeling more stretchy as I'm (fairly) sure I used to be able to just get to it (it's not a high window) though one of my sons has cleaned for me over the past couple of years so I may well have forgotten that I always needed steps! If I can't get it will need to wait until my offspring next visit and of course it's all I can see when I look as the rest is all lovely and sparkly.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry the house wasn't the one PN and the viewing didn't go well :)

WHMF did you get your fish and chips?

There were some YS L Mac sausages in the chilled cabinet lunch time but they were just plain sausages and with only 20p off I didn't want to try them, I'm not the greatest fan of sausages probably having cheap pink ones (millers I think) every Saturday for years with lumpy mash :cool: I buy if I see good ones and there are some very nice local ones in the farmers market for the occasional treat :)

Work was busy as usual so by the time I went to the SM lunchtime I didn't get to eat until after 2.30pm today which has thrown me meal wise. But having stocked up in fruit and veg it means there's no need to go at the weekend :)

Late lunch was a UFO from the freezer a roast veg type thing with griddled aubergine and courgette and a sprinkle of mozzarella it seems I was even organised enough to freeze with runner beans and broccoli. As it was late and larger than usual for a lunch I've only had a banana for dinner and the last of the fresh pineapple, if I get hungry later there's cheese and crackers.

I need to get organised as I'm out several nights next week as well as Sunday afternoon which is my usual cooking time, so I want to plan quick and easy dinners and sort lunches (although there's about three portions of soup in the freezer and some more UFOs) I plan to cook my veg on Sunday for several days so it can be pinged with whatever the protein is.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    Options
    Oh I hate the smooth but sometimes grisly texture of cheap bangers to me it's like baked meat paste with surprise crunches in a skin:eek: , I like a bit of bite to my sausages but no random hard bits please. Being the daughter of an ex-butcher my Mum was fussy about our meat though I do wish she had trimmed stewing steak as there was always the nasty, boiled fat chewy bit if you weren't careful_pale_.
    Slight compromise on dinner, though a nice one as I replaced the beans with three large roasted mushrooms. :) I decided that my meal plan for the next few days didn't really lend itself to LO beans and the mushrooms were lurking from my previous delivery and I have another pack in today's. ( I eat quite a lot of mushrooms they are one of my favourite "veg".) The "Pukka" pie was tasty but very much a case of "hunt the chicken" still no grisly surprises. I really should get myself organised and make some HM pies for the freezer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback