PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had 2x toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

I then "took to my bed" and later on reached out to finish off my fizzy jelly sweets, then I dipped into the box of honey/nut cornflakes I bought and thought I'd keep in my room :)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    You asked for it :D

P1060285.JPG

Adorable!:A
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,257 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Mixed weather day, sun right in my eyes on way to town, hammering down when I came home, & now sun's out

Last night's bubble & S was delight, with obligatory burnt bits on the bottom

Went mad in W8rose, so mad I qualified for a "free" paper.
    They have posh No1 choc on offer so I bought some. It is nice though, sort of one square only stuff, as if:o
    Then posh Spanish marmalade on offer, some of that, oh look, super fruity intense strawberry jam on offer, yep, got that as well:D

Lunch was last of the corned beef + chutney in a sarnie
    Dinner, I think it's use up toast with cheesy beans & couple of fried eggs

Should I fancy something sweet it'll be one the new jams on toast I expect

Caron, likewise on cheese, the only ones I'm not keen on are the smokey ones but even then if it's there I'll eat it

PattyP, full cream is much nicer, and guilt free since they changed their minds about cholesterol & dairy. I find any other is just whitened water
    Nukers are ideal for CFO porridge & scrambled eggs. I did see on Youtube poaching eggs in one but not yet tried, looked easy but timing is everything before it explodes:eek:
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    CBA tea. I had hash browns and Linda M's sausages, so cooked 3 hash & 2 LMs with 2 scrambled eggs.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    unrecordings thank you so much for posting the smashing photo, what a gorgeous cat she looks like a real character:D:D
    LOL Farway - love the "obligatory burnt bottom" definitely a good thing with b&s;)
    Love the phrase "took to you bed" PN always makes me think of Mills & Boon novels where women had attacks of the "vapors", though fizzy sweets and Crunchy Nut cornflakes sound much better than smelling salts and beef tea that seemed to be the cure....:rotfl:
    The slight hitch in my Dad's house sale rumbles on, I'll not bore you with the details but it involves an area regeneration programme that included my Dad's house which the council are saying they know nothing about.:eek: Considering it was a multimillion pound scheme throughout the county and they won National awards for it, it's definitely a case of right hand left hand not speaking.:wall::wall: I've spent ages this afternoon doing some detective work online and I think we can safely say they are talking rubbish but with just 8 day before the sale it will probably mean it gets put back a bit.:(

I never got the length of the admin stuff I was going to do but tomorrow is another day, but did remember to finalise my grocery order for tomorrow as I often seems to be the case when I think I only need a couple of bits I was actually out of (or nearly) a few household items so I needed more than I thought. Some Christmas choccies have been included which I'll stash out of the way of visiting offspring and a couple of bottles of wine nicely made up the minimum basket value .:)
    It turned cold, wet & miserable here so for lunch I blitzed the LO roasted veg with some stock, chopped the small amount of LO chicken into it and made what was a really tasty, never to be exactly replicated, bowl of soup which I had with buttered crackers and cue sticks. While it was dry I picked some chard which I'll have in tonight's pasta along with mushrooms, passata, garlic and a splash of cream as I've some needing used up.:)
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'll be cooking up the mince I'd defrosted afterwards - probably just making a nice bollo that I can turn into a couple of meals (lasagna & chilli, or maybe a moussaka etc)

First batch of bollo went into pittas with some added cheese and a few fronds of coriander. The next one, on Saturday is likely to be a potato moussaka because I can use a CFO sized dish, rather than a massive lasagna dish. I'll also be using a ready made cheese sauce, because life's too short (even though my own cheese sauce would be far superior). Why moussaka on Saturday ? Because Friday is fish & chips no matter what

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How annoying about the house sale Caronc, hopefully it will get sorted without much more hassle :)

Lovely photo Unrecordings :) it has the look of a cat which means business

How did the house viewing go PN ?

Tonight's trip to the theatre was to see a National Theatre live screening of A Midsummer night's dream, very modern with the play happening in the middle of the audience, I imagine the atmosphere live must be fantastic :).

Lunch was chicken noodle soup from the freezer, I don't remember putting that much garlic in, it had obviously matured in the freezer. I did apologise before going into a meeting :o but it was very tasty :D

Dinner had to be quick as I only had a hour before going out and I needed to sort the rubbish as our dustmen come early tomorrow. I didn't make Singapore noodles last night as popped out and didn't get back until 9pm :cool: so had a toasted sandwich, so there was a very small piece of gammon left for tonight which I mixed with pasta and some cream cheese, a real cba meal followed by a couple of figs
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have absolutely NO IDEA what to havr today, dd and dgson coming at lunchtime so they will either bring stuff or find something togo on bread (would love him to nip to local chippy!!!!) then will just have to root abround in freezers, at least back is starting to improve a little and I know I can reach some fish in one.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Oh, the food at the vegan cafe last night was delish. I got the burger and fries. We were going to get cupcakes after but I was too full. We just went for drinks instead.:p

I have had a PB sandwich this morning, with lots of water.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, the food at the vegan cafe last night was delish. I got the burger and fries. We were going to get cupcakes after but I was too full. We just went for drinks instead.:p

I have had a PB sandwich this morning, with lots of water.

Sounds lush hun :p I've just had egg on toast for late brekky, n have made spicy lentil n tomato soup for tea.Back on WW;):o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport