PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ashamed to admit I bought bread !!! It was YS and half has gone in freezer (had just enough room) Having sausage sarnies for lunch then sausages for dinner. With maybe cauliflower rice and onion, I had bought 2 pkts of white chopped onion YS last week and froze in portion sizes, I would not normally buy ready prepared but it was YS.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    God, it's really muggy out there, I just went for a 30 minute walk and I feel all sweaty and gross.:mad:

I'm having half a veggie pizza with a big salad for brunch as I haven't eaten yet.:)
    I had a weird night. Didn't fall asleep until about 3.30, then only for 30 minutes as I had a weird nightmare that woke me up.

Nightmare: I heard a noise and went upstairs to look out of the window. I could see a brown/red very large lorry reversing and suddenly it was a fire engine and a hydraulic cherry picker banged against next door's bedroom window. I felt the jolt. "Ah, a fire" I thought. "Next door, not here" - and I started to leave the bedroom to go outside and look up. At that very minute the cherry picker arm came straight through the window - but now it had a huge 2' wide drill on the end, it pushed straight into the wall and drilled through the plasterboard/bricks in about 2 seconds flat, then it pulled out and dragged across the wall, straight through a picture, before wrecking a corner shelf and wires.

Then I woke up! How weird was that?

I thought you meant that had really happened!:eek:
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »

All I can say is thank goodness for a tech savvy nephew when it came to setting at mine, although he does despair sometimes at my lack of desire to 'use it to its full potential' :rotfl:
    My kid's despair as like Farway I much prefer to do "internet" stuff on my laptop:).

Good afternoon everyone,

Yikes PN what a disconcerting dream <<hug>>
    Another wet day here though it is supposed to dry up overnight - fingers crossed.
    Spent a bit of time this morning doing "lawyer" stuff for my Dad's and rest cleaning. Just need to mop through after lunch. Later if it's not too wet out I'll head to the greenhouse as the tom plants are getting a bit wild and need taming. Plan B is that'll tidy out my shoes - I have far too many so intend to ruthless. I'm not a shoe collector by any means and most are many years old but still in good condition, some can go to the charity shop I've a few dressy pairs with heels that have only been worn once or twice and the rest to the shoe bin at the recycling centre.
    Although I say myself yesterday's batch of HM pesto was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed my gnocchi, veg & pesto meal last night. There's plenty left to freeze:).
    Ham salad sarnie & fruit for lunch and pork ramen for dinner tonight.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,326 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 10 July 2019 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Lunch was cheese, tom + cuc sarnie using my HM brown loaf.

That brown loaf is tasty, shame it's W/rose flour 'cos I doubt I'll buy more unless on offer, it's 50p dearer than L's white bread flour:eek:
    Could try Asda's, that's "only" 10p more

Apple tree pruned, looks nice now, nothing above head high, thinned out the excess apples while at it, but loads left for crumbles later
    My plum has what I think are plum moth grubs in, oiked them off before they get used to living in this area

Dinner will be the remaining breaded hake fillet + HM chips + frozen peas. Typical CFO dinner, same one the next day:( Tasty though

PS, maybe joining Caron in French Beans from garden tasting this weekend, some nearly ready for a first picking
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Fingers crossed re the beans Farway, I've some more that should be ready in a week or so and the broadbeans & peas are beginning to pod. Hopefully by the time I've used up the pack of green beans in the fridge they'll be in full production for a couple of months.:) At the moment only the cues, courgettes and salad leaves are producing. That said I could probably start picking chard & calvo nero as they seem to have had a big burst of growth over the past week.
    Shoes have been sorted and my shoe shelves are looking a lot tidier I just need to be disciplined and keep it that way:). I discovered a pair of sandals I forgot I had, I bought them to go on holiday in 2014 and don't think I've had them on since:o.

Tomatoes remain untamed as it is only just thinking about drying up and the minute the rain eased the midgies came out. I decided I'd rather not get eaten alive:cool:.
    I've a few bits of prep to do for dinner but once done it will only take a few minutes to cook.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,168 Forumite
    Options
    Evening :)

Another day another dollar :D it's a shame I have to work this nice weather :cool: I managed get the time to pop to w*itrose lunchtime intending to stock up on fruit and salad stuff so did get in a very short walk :). I did pick up some half price mince, Gloucester LOs spot sausages and bacon from the meat counter as well as some frying steak, this is why I can't clear my freezer :rotfl:

Lunch was a YS black pudding scotch egg with YS watercress and some tomatoes, I think I may stick to making my own scotch eggs :cool:

I was really cba when I got in at 9pm so I had a bowl of cereal, I may rummage in a minute for something else as there's still a gap to fill :)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was very naughty in Lidl on my way home from work yesterday. Only popped in intending to get just some cheese and a pizza. Came out with those, plus a 4-pack of some tiny little Cadbury mousse things, and a pack of 6 Oreo ice-cream sandwiches! They're only small, so I ate two of them already! So much for the diet, but I guess we all fall off the wagon sometimes!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,444 Forumite
    Options
    I had PB and banana on toast with a cup of green tea for breakfast.

I want to try the lentil pasta I bought, I will add tomatoes, spinach and broccoli with a tomato sauce.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I get up about 3 times every night, if the stairs were not such a pain, in all wys, I would happily go downstairs and have food but instead I have a tinb of shortbread biscuits for if I get hunger pangs (diabetes) and I put LBC on TV, set it to turn off after a time and take picture off or Play recorded Eggheads (no pic) or Pointless, then drop off.

Wow about the fire engine, as I read it I thought it was actual, thank goodness it was a "dream".
    Made cauliflower rice yesterday, had about a third last night, will have more today with some fish, not sure about the rest yet, then cut up the leaves and stalks and blitzed then so now have more "rice".
    DD is too busy for lunch today but will check again tomorrow so sausage sanie for lunch, cooking a pork tenderloin tomorrow (still in freezer) so no doubt will be enough left over for Sunday. Meeting friend Saturday will do F & B pasta meal then on Sunday I plan on making Simon Rimmer Creamy mince with cheesy mash so that will be around for a few days/in freezer. Well thats the plan but it could all go to pot. I do like to plan, love it when a plan comes together.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Things to use up ....

I had 2x toast for breakfast, that's some of the bread used up

I made two rounds of tomato sandwiches and popped those in the fridge - that's the end of those tomatoes and four more slices of bread used up.

There's a slim possibility I might make a sausage/onion mash topped pie later - as I've a pack of sausages and still 1.5Kg of spuds to use up and 3 onions to use up. That'll use 2 sausages, 3 spuds and one onion at least. I might, or might not, feel I CBA to do that later.

Meanwhile though, the clock's ticking on the pint of milk I bought ... I think that's got 4 days more. Could knock up a Giant yorkie at some point, or not. Who knows.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback