PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    14C here and I have long sleeved t-shirt and a cardi on!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's been weird here weather wise. One minute I need a cardigan, then really muggy again!

The last thing I ate was some homemade tomato and basil soup along with some crackers.
  • caronc
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    The weather never improved today and looks as though tomorrow will be the same.:(
    My nephew did end up working this evening so I'll find out all about his recent holiday another time.
    My marauding basil plant has had a hair cut:cool: and I've made a decent-sized batch of pesto. I'll use some tonight and freeze the rest in CFO-sized portions. I made quite a few batches last year and it lasted well as I only used the last of it recently. If the basil keeps going as strongly I should be able to get a stash frozen again this year. Stock base for tomorrow's ramen is simmering away and the smell is making me drool.:D There will be a good bit more than I'll need but again I'll portion and freeze it for future use. I've just meal planned for the next couple of days as I'm out for lunch again on Thursday (twice in one week :eek::cool:) and won't want much or anything on Thursday evening as we are heading to the new Italian that's opened to celebrate a friend hanging up her nurses's uniform after 37 years in the NHS and taking early retirement. :) Tomorrow I must do some housework as we may end up back here to continue nattering afterwards. I'll have a think about meals thereafter later in the week.

Gnocchi from the freezer with various veggies and some of the pesto tonight for dinner.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,169 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Farway, you're as sneaky as me :D

I'm another one who had problems sleeping last night, I went to bed tired but my brain started over thinking stuff so it was after 1.30am the last time I checked the clock and then I woke at 5am with cold arms :cool: I will admit to being[STRIKE] a little[/STRIKE] grumpy today and had to bite my tongue a few times :silenced: not helped by having to work through lunch today :cool: temporary three traffic lights added 30 minutes to my journey home as well, they were definitely bias for the traffic coming the other way :(

At the risk of offending there should be a upper age limit on people buying smart phones :p I've spent so long trying to talk a former elderly neighbour through setting hers up and linking to iPad, it would have been simpler to go around which I did with the iPad but I'm short on patience at moment :cool: I may have to bite the bullet Sunday as I'm working Saturday :cool:

Lunch was a smoked salmon, avocado and egg salad. Dinner was the LO chicken laksa which tasted even better than when I cooked it :D.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    At the risk of offending there should be a upper age limit on people buying smart phones :p I've spent so long trying to talk a former elderly neighbour through setting hers up and linking to iPad, it would have been simpler to go around which I did with the iPad but I'm short on patience at moment :cool: I may have to bite the bullet Sunday as I'm working Saturday :cool:
    I think I could be heading towards the upper limit:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    Accidently phoned my sis twice today and still not 100% sure how I managed to do that without meaning too:o:o:o.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,169 Forumite
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I think I could be heading towards the upper limit:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    Accidently phoned my sis twice today and still not 100% sure how I managed to do that without meaning too:o:o:o.

She actually accidentally phone me 3 times and then intentionally a fourth as my number was showing on her call list and did I want her :cool: we then discussed text and I explained that there was no need to delete all text before replying as she would only send the one text and not the previous conversation each time :wall:

All I can say is thank goodness for a tech savvy nephew when it came to setting at mine, although he does despair sometimes at my lack of desire to 'use it to its full potential' :rotfl:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm still awake. I had 3am chocolate spread on toast.

Today I've had:

2 toast/marg
    1 egg/tomato sandwich
    Rest of the fruit pastilles
    Cheesy mash and beans
    2 toast/marg
    1 toast/chocolate spread
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,326 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    After bragging about a full night's kip Monday night, this morning I was wide awake at 4, thinking about everything from camera lenses to tree pruning, so I got up about 5.30

Last night's brown loaf turned out well, I sampled a slice or two with strawberry jam on later in the evening, just checking of course;)

Porridge breakfast

Lunch, bit too soon to think about it, but two slices of HM brown bread will take part

Mobiles, where I volunteer, older folk, is a mixed bag. Some just will not have one under any circumstances, despite it possibly being a life saver.
    Many, like me, have one that is a dumb one, makes calls.

Others have been given a smart phone present by a well meaning relative and are just bemused by it
    The occasional one use them as intended, but banking & shopping is not an option chosen, just looking a kittens playing pianos:D

Still a bit dull outside, but could venture out & prune the apple tree having thought about half the night:(
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • pattypan4
    pattypan4 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I bet your mind is going on overtime PN, this house selling malarky, making your brain unsettled. Very stressful

I left a concert at half time last night, it was boring and I could feel my eyes getting heavy, I ambled out in the interval. Nothing to eat until breakfast which was just the fuel cereal, it soaks up liquid and I have oat milk to get through. I`m not buying oat milk again, will make my own almond milk, much nicer. I only have it on cereal, proper milk in tea and coffee
    Going to be yet another hot day today, roll on some rain
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a weird night. Didn't fall asleep until about 3.30, then only for 30 minutes as I had a weird nightmare that woke me up.

Nightmare: I heard a noise and went upstairs to look out of the window. I could see a brown/red very large lorry reversing and suddenly it was a fire engine and a hydraulic cherry picker banged against next door's bedroom window. I felt the jolt. "Ah, a fire" I thought. "Next door, not here" - and I started to leave the bedroom to go outside and look up. At that very minute the cherry picker arm came straight through the window - but now it had a huge 2' wide drill on the end, it pushed straight into the wall and drilled through the plasterboard/bricks in about 2 seconds flat, then it pulled out and dragged across the wall, straight through a picture, before wrecking a corner shelf and wires.

Then I woke up! How weird was that?

So that was it for me last night. I was wide awake.

All this nice drying weather for days and I didn't do my washing - decided to do it today and went to the launderette at 7.30, washing'd been on the line for a few hours now.

I've just tucked into 2x toast, 2x scrambled eggs and some beans.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback