PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today I scoffed:

2 bits of toast
    A 250g pack of jelly babies
    Half a 250g pack of fruit pastilles (that are horrid really)
    LARGE portion of chips from the freezer + half a portion of beans that were in the fridge.

It was hot today. I had to go out for an appointment (hence the sweeties overload as I was killing time before my appointment, so wandered into Poundstretcher).

There's always a homeless chap at the car park - it must've been too hot for him today as he wasn't there. I'd popped a can of drink in my bag to hand to him in passing... didn't leave it as I didn't know if/when he'd be back - and I spotted somebody else had left him a bottle of water already.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm not hungry at the moment, but I will have a slice of wholemeal toast with the rest of the baked beans I opened the other day. Maybe some HP sauce too.:D

Brambling wrote: »

I imagine you'll be shaking your undergarments out for a while Wednesday :rotfl: could be worst there's no poisonous spiders in the uk :rotfl:

That is true!:eek:
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    Had an awful night's sleep .... woke up several times, I suspect it was sugar overload. Increasingly I notice that sweeties make me groggy. They weren't even nice ones!

I am not sure where the weather's going today, so choosing food's difficult to predict so far ahead; later on I might get a portion of pie from the freezer if it's less muggy. I've a large portion of mash in the fridge ... and I can open a tin of beans with that.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had trouble sleeping last night too PN. I kept feeling too hot and had to take off my pyjamas half way through the night. I had nightmares too.:( I think it is the weather.
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I had trouble sleeping last night too PN. I kept feeling too hot and had to take off my pyjamas half way through the night. I had nightmares too.:( I think it is the weather.
    Ah good news then, I don't have to cut back on sweeties :)

To be honest, I don't even enjoy a lot of them... but, once owned, they are scoffed pretty quickly.
  • pattypan4
    pattypan4 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I tossed and turned a bit in bed too, was much too hot, window open and just one cotton waffle blanket and a sheet, threw blanket off. I had to get up at 4 and ate fuel bix with oatmilk, suddenly felt dozy and had 2 more hours of sleep in bed. 2 egg cheese omlette then hairdressers and I just ate a salad with cold broad beans

I still have too many veg in the fridge, I will have to make a start on them this afternoon, just a veg mix and a few nuts. I have 2 plums and a chunk of mini water melon. I quite like this mini meal hopping, just eating as and when. Another scorcher today, so much heat in the house fabric, open windows at night make no defference
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The last 2 cheese and onion rolls will be lunch with cheese today then will make some plain ones, some for freezer. Having tub of hm (neighbour not me) chicken curry and rice from freezer for tonight. Think I will get couple of sausages out for tomorrow. Will have to go out today if dd does not come so I can get milk and into Iceland for box of broken biscuits for friend and some frozen blueberries for breakkies. A few othe bits to get while I am out. WILL NOT BUY BREAD !!!!!
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

I had a poor night's sleep as well but not because it was too warm. I eventually worked out that I was chilly. I've been fine with just a sheet & thin blanket but it wasn't enough last night. I quickly dropped off after popping another blanket on. If the temperatures don't come up a bit the duvet will be going back on!
    Pouring here so far and looks as though it's going to be like that for the next two days, it's not terribly warm either.
    My home insurance is up soon and I've been checking out various options. I found a better offer and current provider's renewal has been cancelled and new package paid for. Another thing off of my "to do":).

I'm not sure if my nephew is coming round for dinner tonight, it will depend if he gets asked to work or not. I'm going to make a batch of pesto this afternoon and have some tonight so easy enough to cater for one or two. I'm also going to get the stock base made for ramen and will have that tomorrow. Lunch will be a ham salad sarnie and the rest of the pomegranate.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,325 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Here's one who slept well, despite it being muggy. Still muggy come daylight

L's this morning, boring stuff, milk etc.

I noticed the PB baguettes are back in, but left them as I'd topped up from Iceland
    No decent YS around, but bought an offer pack of 2 x breaded haddock fillets, one of which will be dinner tonight

Lunch was back to cheese & piccalilli sarnie now the ham's gone

Diner, as mentioned, it's breaded haddock fillet + HM chips using up very old baking spuds, too small to bake really. Be OK chipped with skin on. Plus frozen peas probably

One loaf baking in the Panny, I bought some on offer brown flour from W/rose, not wholemeal, just marked "brown," wouldn't have bothered except the offer tempted, which was the idea of course

So dry, watered the pots out front again, looking nice but do need to keep up the watering
    Brambling wrote: »
    Baby steps Farway :D although I'm going to lure her to a garden near my work to see their sculpture exhibit which is laid out in the gardens :rotfl: I've sent her the details for Gardeners World thank you, I'm sure their information will be more informative than my bees like blue flowers :D

More temptation Brambling, Wisley has sculptures out as well:D Saw them last week,https://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/wisley/whats-on/sculpture-at-wisley
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • pattypan4
    pattypan4 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    26 out and wilting. Just steaming a few veg, not much appetite, just too hot
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback