PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Ooh that frittata sounds lush :p
    I got loads of food delivered yesterday , but have zero appetite, not even for garlic dip :eek:
    I bought Xmas cards the other day, but cba writing them yet.Not feeling Xmasy at all this year. :(
    I need a metaphorical boot up the arris:rotfl:
    It is good but didn't fancy it even though it would have used a lurking courgette. Going for the pasty option with peas & corn. It's a very cold, dark night, I cba any prep and I want some stodge:o
    I think I'll feel more Christmassy when my younger son arrives on the 19th and we get the decorations up.

PS- I'll boot yours if you'd give me a much needed one in return:rotfl:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    It is good but didn't fancy it even though it would have used a lurking courgette. Going for the pasty option with peas & corn. It's a very cold, dark night, I cba any prep and I want some stodge:o
    I think I'll feel more Christmassy when my younger son arrives on the 19th and we get the decorations up.

PS- I'll boot yours if you'd give me a much needed one in return:rotfl:

Haha it's a deal :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • caronc
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Haha it's a deal :rotfl:
    Done << handshake smiley>> :)
    Consider yours delivered :rotfl:
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Just had summat light - of cheesy toast and tomatoes. Dinner was at lunchtime today - meal out with one of my dance groups and at a restaurant I'd been wanting to try. Some wine might have been consumed. So that was my second Christmas meal out this week (earlier in week a solo one with a friend).

Just a "coffee (and maybe cake)" tomorrow with another friend after dance thing in the morning.

First party invite lined-up for next year.

Have come to conclusion I've obviously met no-one and done nothing since moving to Wales:rotfl::rotfl: - but come to conclusion it is "the land of song" here.

Early night lined-up tonight - as I need my energy back for tomorrow's dance group in the morning - after lunch out with my new group of dance friends and an impromptu trip by some of us to watch a film afterwards.
  • caronc
    Options
    Sounds like a great day Money today and another one tomorrow:D
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I find for most jars a good shake downwards will break the seal. If not I try it with rubber gloves on as that gives a good grip or I hit the lid hard in the middle with the handle of a knife or spoon. There is sometimes swearing involved which helps :rotfl: I do have a jar of lazy garlic I can't get into and keep forgetting to ask any visiting males to try :o

I've been tired and a little grumpy today, aches and pains are affecting my already c*ap sleep pattern :( I may have expressed my feelings a little strongly with one of our finance team today it was justified but I think I surprised her as I usually bite my tongue. My manager agreed with me after she left, although it could have been he was too scared not to:rotfl:

Not sure if any of you buy a whole chicken but M & S have a third off at the moment and I picked up a small one which will do me 4 meals and soup for £2.33 with enough to keep his lordship happy with the scraps :D. They are obviously trying to complete with some of the other supermarkets with a kilo of carrots and parsnips 40p each and 2 kilos of potatoes 40p I may see if my sister wants to split some.

Lunch was soup again and dinner a quick and easy jacket potato with LO coleslaw and grated cheese.

Work Christmas lunch tomorrow, not a grand affair as there will only be 15 of us, local steak house so I've avoided the turkey and ordered a sirloin :) and a half day off work :T
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    I have tried the PN method but had problems, then found a made for job lever thingy in local shop for assisted living aids, same as the one here. Sturdy plastic with chunky grip for my bent no grip fingers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lever-Action-Opener-Color-Assorted/dp/B0001IX9RW

I need to get that. My husband bought me home some gloves from work that are meant to open jars, but they sometimes don't work.:mad:
    An exceptionally rubbish tea for me today... A par-baked baguette and butter.

I just had a terrible breakfast, a crisp sandwich. :o

I stepped on the scales this morning and I have lost 2 more pounds, so 13 pounds lost now. I think it's because I'm exercising.:)
    Wednesday, T*osspots made me howl with laughter! Esp as I used to work there, & it's a very accurate description of the experience....!
    That's what I'll be calling it in future.

:rotfl:
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I just bought the jar thing, Amazon same day delivery as well.:p I bought the cough drops that I saw on another thread on here too.:D

I'm quite hungry again, I might have my soup now, not even half ten yet!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    ... 13 pounds lost now. I think it's because I'm exercising..

Noooooooo ... that can't be the answer!!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    I've been pawing through my recipes/ideas/thoughts collection. So many are dropped in there, then promptly forgotten, but I do just use it as a "dip in for ideas" collection, rather than an actual recipe collection. It's like having another person giving me ideas that I'd actually like... which might then remind me of something I COULD have....

If that makes sense.

I've been gathering/tagging my Xmas2018 ideas. I'll probably find/tag 100 fab ideas .... then do 0-1 of them in reality. But it's nice to look at pictures... and remember old favourites I'll never get round to making.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure